2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got an II today! Only see one date available, which isn't ideal. Anyone know if they'll add more?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
i'm not sure if this will ease or worsen anxiety but i also haven't heard back after being complete mid-sept. this is my alma mater and i'm high stats, plus i tailored my secondary to their mission (and a lot of my activities fit it anyways since they took place in the ie) .. this process is a crapshoot y'all. i know most of the reason we are on here is to compare our standing to others but at some point its better to accept that we dont know wtf is going on in adcoms' heads
Same man. Got a secondary here around 9/8 and complete 9/22. No interview at all. Starting to worry.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! But there are no dates available to sign up? Lol is this is a technical error? o_O
Did you manage to get a sign up date? This same thing happened to me but after refreshing about 15 times, I was finally able to see a single date haha

Also got an II today! Only see one date available, which isn't ideal. Anyone know if they'll add more?
What was the date, if you don't mind me asking? UCR has only had a few sessions already I believe so it is probably more ideal than you think

Same man. Got a secondary here around 9/8 and complete 9/22. No interview at all. Starting to worry.

I’m worried too and I was complete around your time.

My numbers aren’t hot. My strength is my work.

congrats!!! when were you complete? what is your gpa & mcat???

3.54 and 517, I'm also from IE.

Did you manage to get a sign up date? This same thing happened to me but after refreshing about 15 times, I was finally able to see a single date haha
What was the date, if you don't mind me asking? UCR has only had a few sessions already I believe so it is probably more ideal than you think

I emailed adcoms letting them know about the error. They emailed me back and they added one date in 2 weeks. It's a day I have a work shift though so I asked if there were any Saturday dates available. No reply yet, I was thinking of calling tomorrow!

Hmm this is interesting. I think I am honestly siding with @MDGunner 's reasoning here, lets wait for him/her to weigh in

I emailed adcoms letting them know about the error. They emailed me back and they added one date in 2 weeks. It's a day I have a work shift though so I asked if there were any Saturday dates available. No reply yet, I was thinking of calling tomorrow!
I don't know why the system is like that... Good luck!

When were you complete? and when'd you submit your secondary?

1. does everyone get a secondary here?

2. are they strict with 1 week completion of secondary? Should we bother submitting if more than one week?

1. does everyone get a secondary here?

2. are they strict with 1 week completion of secondary? Should we bother submitting if more than one week?
1) its unknown for certain if they are screening or not but they USUALLY screen just as every UC
2) Its recommended. Hard deadline I believe is in December.

Last edited:
1) its unknown for certain if they are screening or not but they USUALLY screen just as every UC
2) Its recommende. Hard deadline I believe is in December.
i really want to know what date of secondary submissions they're offering secondaries

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any non haiders get a II? I received a secondary around 4 weeks ago but have not heard back about an II.

I completed my primary first week of June and asked them to hold until 9/23, when I got a good mcat score back (thank god). They said they took it off hold on 9/23 but I haven’t gotten a secondary. Is this likely going to be a rejection? Have people who submitted primaries after 9/23 already received a secondary offer?

Received a secondary late-September and have been complete since September 30th. No word of anything since.

CA Resident but not IE

II received. Haider applicant. Strong ties to the IE. Secondary completed 9/29/2020.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
This may be a silly question, but what is a Haider applicant?
They save 24 spots for UCR alum

II earlier today. Complete 10/8. SoCal resident.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know if rejections, mainly pre II, have been handed out yet?

Last edited:
in years past, UCR does not issue rejections pre or post II. They ghost you to the very end of the cycle and I believe they will send rejections then. It will be an obvious rejection if you do not receive an II by end of Jan/Feb 2021. For those that do not get accepted outright after their interview, the wait will be painfull. I am not sure if they officially inform you that you are on a WL either. The timing can be different this year b/c of COVID. GL to ALL.

That is kind of cruel, but such is the convoluted world of med school admissions...

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I was referring to secondary, but i wasn't sure if UCR sent it to everyone and if it meant something
getting a secondary is very good because all the UCs screen heavily. an interview from any of the UCs is huge, including UCR.

Edit for clarification: II stands for interview invite and not secondary application.
Wait, I thought everyone receives a secondary from UCR.

Under the "Application" tab on the left-hand side of the portal, it says "The University of California, Riverside School of Medicine invites all candidates to submit a secondary application to our MD program."

Wait, I thought everyone receives a secondary from UCR.

Under the "Application" tab on the left-hand side of the portal, it says "The University of California, Riverside School of Medicine invites all candidates to submit a secondary application to our MD program."
Other websites also say that they screen, so who knows.

verified 6/4, secondary received 11/20 (today)... thought i was done with secondaries lol

Man, you applied to a lot of schools! Any recent good news?
beggars can't be choosers... :\

waiting to hear back from one school re: post-II, but other than that.. fingers are crossed! good luck to you!

wow that is super late.
verified 6/4, secondary received 11/20 (today)... thought i was done with secondaries lol
I’m not sure what aduuubacsi is getting at
of course it’s late, do you have anything else to add?

commander_94 great job getting a secondary! it means someone (a human being) reviewed your app and thought you may be good for the program!! Submit that app and stay hopeful! (If you want to lol)

Reactions: 2 users

commander_94 great job getting a secondary! it means someone (a human being) reviewed your app and thought you may be good for the program!! Submit that app and stay hopeful! (If you want to lol)

Sorry, I was only surprised that they would send out the secondary this late in the cycle. There was no ill-intention or anything behind it.

Reactions: 4 users

is that true? a human reviews before secondary sent?

thanks for the well wishes-- yep, definitely grateful for even a secondary!

• Care
Apparently, students who do not automatically receive a secondary after submitting primary are reviewed by the admissions committee and deemed whether they should be given a secondary or not
Correct me if I’m wrong
Oh! Really?

I’m just praying my secondary turns into a II. A Riverside acceptance would be a dream.