2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite just now! Excited.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!! Unbelievably humbled and grateful! Haider Applicant, low-stat & mcat, complete 9/28, only available date is early November

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not receive a secondary yet?

Reactions: 1 users
No secondary yet. LM 74, Haider Program, IS. I'm kinda disappointed but trying to stay patient.
when was your primary verified? From SoCal? so they are screening this year?

when was your primary verified? From SoCal? so they are screening this year?
I was verified mid-August, and I spent my whole life in SoCal and went to UCR for undergrad so pretty strong ties. Based on their update email like 2 months ago I am pretty sure they are screening. You aren't alone in waiting for a secondary, but I am gonna reach out to their admissions office and will update this thread with my findings. Good luck and keep your head up!

Reactions: 1 user
I was verified mid-August, and I spent my whole life in SoCal and went to UCR for undergrad so pretty strong ties. Based on their update email like 2 months ago I am pretty sure they are screening. You aren't alone in waiting for a secondary, but I am gonna reach out to their admissions office and will update this thread with my findings. Good luck and keep your head up!
thanks. appreciate it. What was mentioned in update email?

I know a few people got some interview invites yesterday. I don't know how they do it but it always seems like a small number of people at a time, not sure though. I got an II a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had my session yet.

If you haven't gotten a secondary, and you're from the IE or went to UCR, I would probably email them. I heard that they said that they try to send them out (mostly) based on your ties to the school, so it may just be an error if you didn't get one yet.

what is your mcat & gpa? when did you submit your secondary? how long after did you get an interview?

I know a few people got some interview invites yesterday. I don't know how they do it but it always seems like a small number of people at a time, not sure though. I got an II a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had my session yet.

If you haven't gotten a secondary, and you're from the IE or went to UCR, I would probably email them. I heard that they said that they try to send them out (mostly) based on your ties to the school, so it may just be an error if you didn't get one yet.
so its expected to not have received a secondary yet if your are from socal but have no ties to the area or the school ?

so its expected to not have received a secondary yet if your are from socal but have no ties to the area or the school ?
Not sure anyone knows really, tbh. I got one late Sept but have no ties to the area and am not from socal.

Echoing @Sneaky Sloth, I have many friends who also went to UCR that haven't got their secondary and they have much higher LizzyM scores then me. Who knows how the prioritize but one thing is for sure, they definitely haven't finished sending out secondary's (remember they only started like a month and a half ago, when most schools started 3 months ago), and the latest time to schedule an interview was early november.

Submitted my secondary 3 weeks ago...and still waiting for II. Feeling like an giant ball of anxiety. for those who got II, how long did it take to hear back?

Reactions: 1 users
II received. Complete 9/30. IS, socal, did not go to UCR, LM 67. Only one date & time was available for the rest of the year and that was mid Nov.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary in early August, so I'm not too hopeful at this time...

what is your mcat & gpa? when did you submit your secondary? how long after did you get an interview?
I think my LM score was like 68 or something? I am not sure, but I can say that my GPA is stronger than my MCAT. I wouldn't worry about stats, however. The school has made it very clear that they prefer students who are motivated to serve the area rather than those who have high stats. On that note, I think I got my secondary on the first day of October and got the II about 10 days later.

I am not sure if I would say that it is expected, but they definitely have a preference for the aforementioned qualities in an applicant. That being said, there are plenty of other ways to demonstrate commitment to service that they would like to see. Ties to the area are preferred because these applicants will be the most likely to stay, so they start there (my prediction); however, the overall goal is getting students who are dedicated to service.
I agree with @HappyThankfulDriven

II received. Complete 9/30. IS, socal, did not go to UCR, LM 67. Only one date & time was available for the rest of the year and that was mid Nov.
Strangely, when I got my II there was only one available date like you experienced, but I learned later that there were other time slots as well.

Anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary in early August, so I'm not too hopeful at this time...
Do you have any connection to the school or area? Regardless, I wouldn't be worried. They have only been sending it out for a month, and I know they historically used to screen, so I would imagine they are trying to do something similar this year.

Sorry about the format guys, I am not very SDN-savy.

Strangely, when I got my II there was only one available date like you experienced, but I learned later that there were other time slots as well.
Did you learn that there were other time slots by contacting them after you scheduled an interview?

I received a secondary a while back with a 499 mcat? Are my chances over?

Did you learn that there were other time slots by contacting them after you scheduled an interview?
No, I learned on here when a couple people said they had October dates.

I received a secondary a while back with a 499 mcat? Are my chances over?
I don’t think so, but I’d have to learn more about you as an applicant. While obviously concerning, UCR has a broad range of MCAT scores and they have accepted sub-500 many times before. And it’s a good thing they sent you a secondary, some people haven’t even gotten that yet. Do you have ties to the area or school?

I don’t think so, but I’d have to learn more about you as an applicant. While obviously concerning, UCR has a broad range of MCAT scores and they have accepted sub-500 many times before. And it’s a good thing they sent you a secondary, some people haven’t even gotten that yet. Do you have ties to the area or school?
[/QUOTE]
I have family that lives in riverside other than that no ties to the school.

I have family that lives in riverside other than that no ties to the school.
[/QUOTE]
I think you’ll be fine, just keep your head up!

No, I learned on here when a couple people said they had October dates.

Quick question regarding sub 500? Is there a reason sub 500 dont show up on MSAR for their school?

I thought it did? Forsure low 500s

but the low number is the 10th percentile, so it could really mean anything. If the low number was 502, that still could mean that a 495 got in

Quick question regarding sub 500? Is there a reason sub 500 dont show up on MSAR for their school?
I noticed that too. For example duke's MCAT 10% is like above 510. But when you go to their website they have a mixed range. Some even show that Duke accepted sub 500 scores as well.

I thought it did? Forsure low 500s

but the low number is the 10th percentile, so it could really mean anything. If the low number was 502, that still could mean that a 495 got in
Because the lowest i seen was 502 and nothing below? Unless im reading it wrong