-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UC Riverside
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview invite just now! Excited.
when did you submit your secondary? do you mind sharing your mcat and GPA?
SlamShark
Full Member
Hey, I submitted my secondary Sept 27-ish, cumulative GPA is ~3.4, MCAT is >520.when did you submit your secondary? do you mind sharing your mcat and GPA?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Are you from the inland empire? 🙂Hey, I submitted my secondary Sept 27-ish, cumulative GPA is ~3.4, MCAT is >520.
D
deleted776417
II!! Unbelievably humbled and grateful! Haider Applicant, low-stat & mcat, complete 9/28, only available date is early November
SlamShark
Full Member
Thanks! Yes, I was born there but grew up in a different part of CA.Congrats!! Are you from the inland empire? 🙂
D
deleted801891
God bless you hahahI also submitted past the 1 week deadline and emailed them about it. They said that as long as you submit by Dec. 18, you're good!
mkani2020
Full Member
II? MCAT score?II!! Unbelievably humbled and grateful! Haider Applicant, low-stat & mcat, complete 9/28, only available date is early November
D
deleted776417
II? MCAT score?
25% tile per MSAR
II last night!! Complete 9/30. Socal no IE ties!
Any interview feedback from those who had it already?
II last night!! Complete 9/30. Socal no IE ties!
mcat? gpa?
It was very fair. I’d say it was a low stress positive experience!Any interview feedback from those who had it already?
Love that, thanks for letting us know! How did you prepare, if you don't mind me asking?It was very fair. I’d say it was a low stress positive experience!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when was your primary verified? From SoCal? so they are screening this year?No secondary yet. LM 74, Haider Program, IS. I'm kinda disappointed but trying to stay patient.
thanks. appreciate it. What was mentioned in update email?I was verified mid-August, and I spent my whole life in SoCal and went to UCR for undergrad so pretty strong ties. Based on their update email like 2 months ago I am pretty sure they are screening. You aren't alone in waiting for a secondary, but I am gonna reach out to their admissions office and will update this thread with my findings. Good luck and keep your head up!
plant_lady
Full Member
Any updates on the Interview Invites?
so anxious here too
I just want a secondaryAny updates on the Interview Invites?
I know a few people got some interview invites yesterday. I don't know how they do it but it always seems like a small number of people at a time, not sure though. I got an II a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had my session yet.
If you haven't gotten a secondary, and you're from the IE or went to UCR, I would probably email them. I heard that they said that they try to send them out (mostly) based on your ties to the school, so it may just be an error if you didn't get one yet.
If you haven't gotten a secondary, and you're from the IE or went to UCR, I would probably email them. I heard that they said that they try to send them out (mostly) based on your ties to the school, so it may just be an error if you didn't get one yet.
so its expected to not have received a secondary yet if your are from socal but have no ties to the area or the school ?I know a few people got some interview invites yesterday. I don't know how they do it but it always seems like a small number of people at a time, not sure though. I got an II a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had my session yet.
If you haven't gotten a secondary, and you're from the IE or went to UCR, I would probably email them. I heard that they said that they try to send them out (mostly) based on your ties to the school, so it may just be an error if you didn't get one yet.
Not sure anyone knows really, tbh. I got one late Sept but have no ties to the area and am not from socal.so its expected to not have received a secondary yet if your are from socal but have no ties to the area or the school ?
D
deleted776417
Echoing @Sneaky Sloth, I have many friends who also went to UCR that haven't got their secondary and they have much higher LizzyM scores then me. Who knows how the prioritize but one thing is for sure, they definitely haven't finished sending out secondary's (remember they only started like a month and a half ago, when most schools started 3 months ago), and the latest time to schedule an interview was early november.
About 6 days for me!Submitted my secondary 3 weeks ago...and still waiting for II. Feeling like an giant ball of anxiety. for those who got II, how long did it take to hear back?
About 6 days for me!
what is you gpa & mcat?
About 6 days for me!
what is you gpa & mcat?
PM me!what is you gpa & mcat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chocolatechipx
New Member
II received. Complete 9/30. IS, socal, did not go to UCR, LM 67. Only one date & time was available for the rest of the year and that was mid Nov.
Peter_35
New Member
when did you receive your II?II received. Complete 9/30. IS, socal, did not go to UCR, LM 67. Only one date & time was available for the rest of the year and that was mid Nov.
chocolatechipx
New Member
evening todaywhen did you receive your II?
are you from socal? URM? disadvantaged?Anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary in early August, so I'm not too hopeful at this time...
I think my LM score was like 68 or something? I am not sure, but I can say that my GPA is stronger than my MCAT. I wouldn't worry about stats, however. The school has made it very clear that they prefer students who are motivated to serve the area rather than those who have high stats. On that note, I think I got my secondary on the first day of October and got the II about 10 days later.what is your mcat & gpa? when did you submit your secondary? how long after did you get an interview?
I am not sure if I would say that it is expected, but they definitely have a preference for the aforementioned qualities in an applicant. That being said, there are plenty of other ways to demonstrate commitment to service that they would like to see. Ties to the area are preferred because these applicants will be the most likely to stay, so they start there (my prediction); however, the overall goal is getting students who are dedicated to service.so its expected to not have received a secondary yet if your are from socal but have no ties to the area or the school ?
I agree with @HappyThankfulDriven
Strangely, when I got my II there was only one available date like you experienced, but I learned later that there were other time slots as well.II received. Complete 9/30. IS, socal, did not go to UCR, LM 67. Only one date & time was available for the rest of the year and that was mid Nov.
Do you have any connection to the school or area? Regardless, I wouldn't be worried. They have only been sending it out for a month, and I know they historically used to screen, so I would imagine they are trying to do something similar this year.Anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary in early August, so I'm not too hopeful at this time...
Sorry about the format guys, I am not very SDN-savy.
chocolatechipx
New Member
Did you learn that there were other time slots by contacting them after you scheduled an interview?Strangely, when I got my II there was only one available date like you experienced, but I learned later that there were other time slots as well.
whatumacall
Full Member
I received a secondary a while back with a 499 mcat? Are my chances over?
No, I learned on here when a couple people said they had October dates.Did you learn that there were other time slots by contacting them after you scheduled an interview?
I don’t think so, but I’d have to learn more about you as an applicant. While obviously concerning, UCR has a broad range of MCAT scores and they have accepted sub-500 many times before. And it’s a good thing they sent you a secondary, some people haven’t even gotten that yet. Do you have ties to the area or school?I received a secondary a while back with a 499 mcat? Are my chances over?
Your stats show that your LM=70.2. I applied at UCR last year with an LM around 71. You got this.
View attachment 321959View attachment 321960
what was your mcat & GPA? are you from Socal?
letsgoooooo
Full Member
I havent gotten a secondary and im from socal URM / exp with disadvantagedare you from socal? URM? disadvantaged?
I’d prob wait a few weeks then email them just to check inI havent gotten a secondary and im from socal URM / exp with disadvantaged
whatumacall
Full Member
I don’t think so, but I’d have to learn more about you as an applicant. While obviously concerning, UCR has a broad range of MCAT scores and they have accepted sub-500 many times before. And it’s a good thing they sent you a secondary, some people haven’t even gotten that yet. Do you have ties to the area or school?
[/QUOTE]
I have family that lives in riverside other than that no ties to the school.
[/QUOTE]
I have family that lives in riverside other than that no ties to the school.
I have family that lives in riverside other than that no ties to the school.I don’t think so, but I’d have to learn more about you as an applicant. While obviously concerning, UCR has a broad range of MCAT scores and they have accepted sub-500 many times before. And it’s a good thing they sent you a secondary, some people haven’t even gotten that yet. Do you have ties to the area or school?
[/QUOTE]
I think you’ll be fine, just keep your head up!
whatumacall
Full Member
No, I learned on here when a couple people said they had October dates.
I don’t think so, but I’d have to learn more about you as an applicant. While obviously concerning, UCR has a broad range of MCAT scores and they have accepted sub-500 many times before. And it’s a good thing they sent you a secondary, some people haven’t even gotten that yet. Do you have ties to the area or school?
Quick question regarding sub 500? Is there a reason sub 500 dont show up on MSAR for their school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it did? Forsure low 500s
but the low number is the 10th percentile, so it could really mean anything. If the low number was 502, that still could mean that a 495 got in
but the low number is the 10th percentile, so it could really mean anything. If the low number was 502, that still could mean that a 495 got in
dcceelo
Full Member
I noticed that too. For example duke's MCAT 10% is like above 510. But when you go to their website they have a mixed range. Some even show that Duke accepted sub 500 scores as well.Quick question regarding sub 500? Is there a reason sub 500 dont show up on MSAR for their school?
whatumacall
Full Member
Because the lowest i seen was 502 and nothing below? Unless im reading it wrongI thought it did? Forsure low 500s
but the low number is the 10th percentile, so it could really mean anything. If the low number was 502, that still could mean that a 495 got in
I looked at it just now and it was a 502, so that means 10% of applicants got in with a 502 or lower last year.Because the lowest i seen was 502 and nothing below? Unless im reading it wrong
whatumacall
Full Member
Thank you for clarifying thatI looked at it just now and it was a 502, so that means 10% of applicants got in with a 502 or lower last year.