2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey SJV fam!! quick poll (bc I’m too nervous to do anything else for the next 3 days): should I take another nap or get boba lmao.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
should someone call to see if they can get a definite date? Doesn’t seem like today is the day

Reactions: 1 users
I think we should wait it out until end of the day Tuesday since they said "early next week"
What's taking them so long tho? Why can't they give us a definite date? It doesn't give those applicants who have to reapply enough time to get their stuff together for a new cycle..

anyone else feel that gut punch after seeing the UCSF Vaccine email lmao 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2 users
What's taking them so long tho? Why can't they give us a definite date? It doesn't give those applicants who have to reapply enough time to get their stuff together for a new cycle..
Straight facts but that’d be showing wayyyy too much sympathy for our time and well being

1617127479203.png

Live picture of SJV applicants refreshing their email today. Lowkey though, most of you guys seem pretty chill, it seems like this year's class will be awesome. Wishing everyone the best.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed for PRIME-US and has any information on how the interview was structured or any general advice?

I don't know what to say y'all. I got Accepted to SJV Prime. This is BEYOND anything I could have imagined. Dreams do come true **UGLY CRIES**

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
congratulations you two!!! Do you mind sharing what interview date?

I got the A! Email at 1:17 PM PST. Hello future SJV classmates :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So, just for an unofficial poll... how many SJV applicants have not heard back yet?

Reactions: 7 users
If someone is making a call, please update here. Thank you!

Any updates?
For those accepted to SJV congratulations. I was wondering if you guys are still on the waitlist for regular MD? Did they mention anything about losing your spot on the alternate list if you accept their offer? Just curious.

Any updates?
For those accepted to SJV congratulations. I was wondering if you guys are still on the waitlist for regular MD? Did they mention anything about losing your spot on the alternate list if you accept their offer? Just curious.

two are separate processes per admissions team. You don't have to be accepted to traditional MD to attend as a SJV student. We remain on the WL for traditional route just like everyone else. The only difference would be that if accepted to SJV only then you are stuck with SJV program but if accepted to traditional MD as well then you have a choice.

I am gonna give them a call rn for updates!

two are separate processes per admissions team. You don't have to be accepted to traditional MD to attend as a SJV student. We remain on the WL for traditional route just like everyone else. The only difference would be that if accepted to SJV only then you are stuck with SJV program but if accepted to traditional MD as well then you have a choice.
What if you guys accept the offer and commit to enroll? Then you would have to give up your waitlist seat, correct? The process seems much easier for those who are accepted to both programs.