You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
luluwild
Full Member
+1!!!I want a secondary 🙁
I believe that person logged into the portal from last year to get those prompts. I haven't heard of anyone getting this secondary officially yet.
Nope, that was me 🙂 I received it on Friday July 10 at 3pm Pacific.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1039724
Have any non-CA residents received a secondary yet?
Secondary received IS! Why did I get it at 2am lol
Have any non-CA residents received a secondary yet?
No, similar WARS and LM
Nope, that was me 🙂 I received it on Friday July 10 at 3pm Pacific.
I didn’t receive till July 15. They’re definitely staggered
Oh, okay. Well, now I'm neurotic about not getting it yet.Nope, that was me 🙂 I received it on Friday July 10 at 3pm Pacific.
Have only gotten UCSDs secondary (for the UCs atleast). Still patiently waiting on UCSF and UCLA.
Got UCSD and UCD, but no UCSF and UCLA yet.Have only gotten UCSDs secondary (for the UCs atleast). Still patiently waiting on UCSF and UCLA.
I'm an international student (Canada; ORM; non trad). Do you think I get processed later in terms of screening, as they likely prioritize IS first?
Hi! I'm an incoming MS1 also from Canada. To my knowledge, it doesn't seem like they prioritized IS applicants first (I got my secondary on the first day and interview invite in Aug).
Last edited:
D
deleted1039724
Anyone else still waiting to receive their secondary? I am afraid that I might have been screened out...
still waiting. oos, verified in june. pretty sure my stats wouldn’t be screened out, but who knows
I'm IS and I'm still waiting, too. Verified late May. I'm sure they're just working through them. Nothing to do but wait, I suppose.still waiting. oos, verified in june. pretty sure my stats wouldn’t be screened out, but who knows
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ice cheems
Full Member
+1 OOS, I don't know if not taking the MCAT yet has anything to do with it thoughAnyone else still waiting to receive their secondary? I am afraid that I might have been screened out...
Hi all, for those waiting on secondaries, take a deep breath and know there’s a great chance one is still going to come. UCLA does things in waves (which is great if you’re in the first wave, but not great if you’re stuck waiting). Given the later date apps were released this year, the cycle is moving a bit quicker than normal. UCLA does a thorough primary app review, and secondaries are going out in waves as primaries are reviewed. Interviews are scheduled to take place Aug 24 - Dec 10. UCLA tends to be one of the more frustrating schools given the small waves of secondaries, II, and acceptances they release at one time, so be patient! I empathize, the medical school admissions cycle is the absolute worst, so keep the faith as best you can!
Should be 500 characters iirc.Anyone know how long the character count or word count the COVID response is in the secondaries?
D
deleted1063208
What are you guys putting for the secondary question about "the one most important honor you have received"? I can't remember the last time I actually won an award for something lol.
any other IS applicants who still haven't received the secondary? verified 6/16
D
deleted1053887
I haven't either, and I'm verified 6/9, IS applicant, lived in SoCal for majority of my life. I'm sure others like us are in the same boat, though I can't help but worry I've been screened out. T.Tany other IS applicants who still haven't received the secondary? verified 6/16
D
deleted1039724
do they do a holistic screen, or is it just based on stats?
D
deleted1053887
Pretty sure it's holistic. If it was stats, I don't think I would have been screened out.do they do a holistic screen, or is it just based on stats?
What are you guys putting for the secondary question about "the one most important honor you have received"? I can't remember the last time I actually won an award for something lol.
I wrote about being voted captain of my club volleyball team! Definitely doesn’t have to be an award or honor in the typical sense! Anything you’re proud of works! I also hadn’t won any awards lol
secondary received around 5am this morning lol! OOS, a nice surprise haha
OOS secondary received this morning! Happily surprised since my stats are lower for them (511/3.7)
D
deleted1039724
secondary received, oos
lovelynandini
Full Member
2ndary received OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe they're not pre-screening this year.
This is my first post/reply on this forum.
My PI had stated that he will write me a letter. I haven't received the letter yet and, I have no success at reaching him. I know the app won't be considered complete without the letters. But, does the UCLA 15 business days secondary deadline applies to letters as well? Or, does it only apply to the secondary app?
My PI had stated that he will write me a letter. I haven't received the letter yet and, I have no success at reaching him. I know the app won't be considered complete without the letters. But, does the UCLA 15 business days secondary deadline applies to letters as well? Or, does it only apply to the secondary app?
Email said to submit within 15 days even if you don't have the letterThis is my first post/reply on this forum.
My PI had stated that he will write me a letter. I haven't received the letter yet and, I have no success at reaching him. I know the app won't be considered complete without the letters. But, does the UCLA 15 business days secondary deadline applies to letters as well? Or, does it only apply to the secondary app?
D
deleted1058832
Would it look bad to leave the paid work experiences section blank? Aside from a 3 month paid summer job, all of my experiences have been volunteer or internship based, and I opted to receive course credit instead of $$ for my research position.
D
deleted1055566
For the "what has been your most scholarly project" question. I haven't done research, so would I leave it blank?
I cannot for the life of me log into the supplemental application. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I was experiencing the same thing, but when I switched browsers it worked so maybe try that?
Had the same problem with Stanford using Google Chrome. Same issue for this app. Switched to Safari for both and it worked.I cannot for the life of me log into the supplemental application. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Had the same problem with Stanford using Google Chrome. Same issue for this app. Switched to Safari for both and it worked.
That's weird. I'm glad you solved the issue though. I just logged into both applications with Google Chrome and no problems here.
D
deleted1053887
Lol just when I was said about not getting a secondary, got one today! XD
D
deleted1044561
If you don't have any paid work experiences then you don't have an option other than to leave it blank. I'm sure you'll be fine.Would it look bad to leave the paid work experiences section blank? Aside from a 3 month paid summer job, all of my experiences have been volunteer or internship based, and I opted to receive course credit instead of $$ for my research position.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
according to their website ap credit is acceptableFor the competencies question about Spanish, does UCLA accept AP credit? I only took one semester of Spanish in college but that was because I already had AP credit to count as well
D
deleted1039724
Is Spanish mandatory in order to apply?
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
Anyone else unable to list multiple work experiences for #8?