2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not too much action on Duke and WF either....

Members don't see this ad.

It’s early people. HODL

Reactions: 4 users
Have you guys heard of any network outages with Verizon? I feel like I should have received a call but all I get are calls about my cars extended warranty 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like accepting too much people right off the back will hurt their yield which I feel UNC might not do. If anything, they'll be slow w/ their acceptances protecting their yield but who knows. Anybody know of anyone that got accepted off the UNC, Duke, and Wakeforest WL? It seems like Brody is the only one that has seen WL movement in NC.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like accepting too much people right off the back will hurt their yield which I feel UNC might not do. If anything, they'll be slow w/ their acceptances protecting their yield but who knows. Anybody know of anyone that got accepted off the UNC, Duke, and Wakeforest WL? It seems like Brody is the only one that has seen WL movement in NC.

Idk if this means anything but the google sheets with acceptance info shows 298 acceptances for UNC last year, and for this year (assuming no one has gotten off WL yet) they're at 257. I feel like that's a pretty big difference in acceptances so we should expect at least some waitlist A's? Unless their initial yield was much higher than expected this year. 😔

Idk if this means anything but the google sheets with acceptance info shows 298 acceptances for UNC last year, and for this year (assuming no one has gotten off WL yet) they're at 257. I feel like that's a pretty big difference in acceptances so we should expect at least some waitlist A's? Unless their initial yield was much higher than expected this year. 😔
That's amazing if it holds true. That's like 41 spots! But what is this google sheet you are referring too?

That's amazing if it holds true. That's like 41 spots! But what is this google sheet you are referring too?
If you go to the very first post on this forum they have links to the 2020 and 2021 acceptance infos google sheets for all the med schools! 2021 is obviously incomplete because lots of schools still have waitlist movement yet to happen but definitely helps when comparing general numbers between this year and last year.

If you go to the very first post on this forum they have links to the 2020 and 2021 acceptance infos google sheets for all the med schools! 2021 is obviously incomplete because lots of schools still have waitlist movement yet to happen but definitely helps when comparing general numbers between this year and last year.
How accurate is this google sheet. Like how do they update this because based on that sheet Brody should technically be done w/ WL.

How accurate is this google sheet. Like how do they update this because based on that sheet Brody should technically be done w/ WL.
Honestly I don't really know how often they update this, but it hasn't changed at all since early April. I'm guessing it'll get updated in late May after the first couple waves of WL. Mostly these numbers just give you a general idea of how things are going this cycle, but since yield could be different year to year they don't tell you exactly how many seats might come off WL since some schools will have higher yields than last year, some less (like Brody). Hopefully it'll be the case UNC has similar yield to last year and then that 40ish seats off WL would be accurate, but any higher or lower than we have no idea.

Last edited:
apart from that one person who got off the WL on Monday noted by pandacaptain111 has there been any others? I've been trying to keep up with both threads (waitlist and the main one) but didn't see any myself. Just wanted to double check!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there supposed to be more movement on Brody’s list? Quite a few have been accepted off the waitlist now

Unsure where else to ask this but, pros and cons for iPad Mini 5th generation vs iPad 8th generation? Would both fit in a white coat pocket?

Unsure where else to ask this but, pros and cons for iPad Mini 5th generation vs iPad 8th generation? Would both fit in a white coat pocket?
UNC provides iPad minis to the first years. It's included in your tuition & fees and they load it up with tons of apps that are helpful in med school.
But also, the mini takes up the entirety of my white coat pocket.

what is the GroupMe numbers like?
We’ve had several people join - unsure if they’re WL movement or if they’re people who just hadn’t joined the GroupMe. We’re currently at 156 with a few of those members being current students.

How do we get on the GroupMe and how long does it take to get accepted to the Facebook group?

How do we get on the GroupMe and how long does it take to get accepted to the Facebook group?
Once you’re accepted on the Facebook group (took a couple days for me) then you’ll have access to the link they posted for the official GroupMe.

UNC provides iPad minis to the first years. It's included in your tuition & fees and they load it up with tons of apps that are helpful in med school.
But also, the mini takes up the entirety of my white coat pocket.
I just wanted to piggyback off this and say that you have a choice of the iPad 8th gen (128GB) and iPad Mini (64GB) and they both come with a case and Apple Pencil. They both have the same processor (A12) and the same amount of RAM, but the screen on the Mini will look better. I'm getting the thiccc boi personally.

Is anyone else still hoping for WL movement :/
1622593970222.png

so - a few spots left?!?!? I know we can't rely on this but:

1622594016413.png

Still haven't heard of anyone on the WL getting in... anyone else?

Weird, I never saw anything on it. Think it's time to give up?
perhaps some people posted on the waitlist forum.... but it is not looking good honestly. maybe a lucky straggler or two over the next 4-6 weeks??? definitely move on and plan ahead....

perhaps some people posted on the waitlist forum.... but it is not looking good honestly. maybe a lucky straggler or two over the next 4-6 weeks??? definitely move on and plan ahead....
Yea I saw somewhere else on here that they accepted more people from the beginning so us waitlisters have a smaller chance

I just withdrew my WL offer from UNC. I hope this helps someone living on a prayer right now! I have been there and know exactly how it feels. Best of luck everybody and I hope to cross paths with each of you in our healing careers.

Reactions: 2 users
I just withdrew my WL offer from UNC. I hope this helps someone living on a prayer right now! I have been there and know exactly how it feels. Best of luck everybody and I hope to cross paths with each of you in our healing careers.
Hope you found a home and now you can keep your eyes on the prize.

Reactions: 1 users