2020-2021 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have people from the Seattle cohort on the SUC list made it off to an A yet?
I was SUC’d a couple of weeks after my interview but then got the A like 2 days later back in November. I have a feeling it was just because my EXCOM member hadn’t met with everyone yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was SUC’d a couple of weeks after my interview but then got the A like 2 days later back in November. I have a feeling it was just because my EXCOM member hadn’t met with everyone yet.
Did you get the call on a Friday (if you remember by any chance) or another day of the week?

Hi all -- for those of you who were reapplicants and got accepted, what do advice do you have for those of us who are likely to need to reapply?

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the Alaskan cohort will hear back tomorrow regarding acceptances or next Friday?

Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the Alaskan cohort will hear back tomorrow regarding acceptances or next Friday?

Thank you.
In my check-in session, they told me accepted students would be told on this coming Friday and everybody else might receive news later.

My friend was told everyone would know next week....

Not sure.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you.
In my check-in session, they told me accepted students would be told on this coming Friday and everybody else might receive news later.

My friend was told everyone would know next week....

Not sure.
Last year, all decisions were sent out on Friday of the interview week (so in your guys' cases, tomorrow). Accepted students got calls in the morning/early afternoon, WLs and Rs were emailed out around 6 pm or so. Not sure if this will be the case for this year, but hope this provides some perspective.

Still haven't heard anything beyond that first SUC 1 week after my first interview. OOR :) I'm thinking they don't get to OOR applicants until the rest of the Seattle cohort is squared away, but other people who interviewed on my day have gotten a second SUC/rejection and I haven't heard anything? Guess we're waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted into the Alaskan cohort... lost for words
Thank you to everyone in the forum for the friendly guidance this year!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted into the Alaskan cohort... lost for words
Thank you to everyone in the forum for the friendly guidance this year!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You earned it :) Did they email or call you?

Looks like hope is lost for those of us who didn’t get called. RIP

• Care
Congratulations to the UW E-2021 class!

For the Alaska WWAMI cohort, there is a Facebook group available we can use to communicate and get to know each other! The page is "Alaska WWAMI E-2021." See you there!

Are all the Seattle Interviews over, or are they still going?

I think next week is the last week for Seattle interview. Anyone hear yesterday or today about another round of SUC?

Has anyone on here had a particularly bad interview and still been accepted?
I definitely signed off my interview thinking I had bombed, but I still got the call a few days later. I think it can just be so hard to self-assess. At WSU, for example, I thought I had done really well and got rejected!

Any Idaho people planning on going to the open house tour on April 2nd?

Does anyone know when confirmation of the Seattle / Spokane placement comes out? I only selected Seattle on the secondary preference page so I am hopeful that I will be placed there, but am a bit anxious to get confirmation.

Does anyone know when confirmation of the Seattle / Spokane placement comes out? I only selected Seattle on the secondary preference page so I am hopeful that I will be placed there, but am a bit anxious to get confirmation.
I'm curious about this too, I'm pretty rooted in Seattle so I'm a little nervous about the possibility of everything being upended 😅 My partner has a job here so I hope that helps

Does anyone know if we will hear back tomorrow if we were placed on the Seattle SUC list? Or you think it will be another week before they reach out?

Does anyone know if we will hear back tomorrow if we were placed on the Seattle SUC list? Or you think it will be another week before they reach out?
Judging from last year's thread, next week is when it'll probably be. Don't quote me on this though!

Reactions: 2 users
The wait is getting intense huh? No A gang rise up? Am I interneting correctly?

But yea, I do believe next week is the last week of Seattle interviews, unless they extended again. I think they said everyone should know if it's an A, R, or actual WL (not SUC) by mid-March. *gnaws fingernails*

Good luck everyone, I just want us all to make it. 💚

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just got blessed with an A!

Edit: Seattle cohort (interviewed 12/16)

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got a call from my excom member about 30 minutes ago! Seattle cohort, interviewed 12/17, got SUC'd in December and again in Jan. Still in shock!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted! Got the call around 6 pm today!! Seattle cohort, interviewed 12/10.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
JUST RECEIVED THE CALL!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS CALL FOR OVER 10 YEARS!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Anyone know if the Seattle cohort or the full class have facebook pages? I've seen posts for Idaho, Spokane, and Alaska, but don't see one for Seattle.

I'm a CA applicant and I got 2 missed calls from Seattle, WA around 6 pm today. They didn't leave a message though. I called the number back but it went to voicemail lol Idk if I'm being overly hopeful about a possible spam call or what o_O

[edit] Has anyone from 1/20 interview date heard back?

Last edited:
I'm a CA applicant and I got 2 missed calls from Seattle, WA around 6 pm today. They didn't leave a message though. I called the number back but it went to voicemail lol Idk if I'm being overly hopeful about a possible spam call or what o_O

[edit] Has anyone from 1/20 interview date heard back?
Buddy that looks like an acceptance to me. I’m a CA applicant as well but I interviewed in the first week of January

OMG!!! My ex-com member called me back. I got in!!!!!! I cannot believe this is real! OOR, interviewed 1/20.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Were all of the acceptances OOS? Any Seattle instate? Congrats guys!
I'm in state for Seattle.

When I talked to my excom member he said something about how they had needed to add lots more interview dates but that they had just finished meeting for two days. So I'm guessing this is it for interviews and that these are the final rounds of decisions. That's how he made it sound. Mentioned the creation of the main acceptance list and the alternate list, so I would expect all Seattle folks to hear back soon since it sounds like they're done.

Edit: someone later commented that their excom member mentioned there are still meetings happening, so there are probably decisions still being made and more phone calls to come!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those with an A! I wonder how many OOR interviews they extended this cycle?