2020-2021 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the UWSOM E2021 Spokane have a facebook group?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Wondering if any OOR applicants have been accepted into the Seattle cohort???

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the Idaho cohort wanna share something they learned from the Dean's presentation/Student Panel? Couldn't make it because of work :( May you all get that "A" next week!!
One topic mentioned was that the deans/admission staff would be happy to show you around the WWAMI facilities if you would like to visit U of I; just give them a heads up (I definitely want to take them up on this offer).

Reactions: 1 user
One topic mentioned was that the deans/admission staff would be happy to show you around the WWAMI facilities if you would like to visit U of I; just give them a heads up (I definitely want to take them up on this offer).
Oh that's excellent, thank you!!

No. Interviewed 1/19 and haven't heard anything by phone or email.
I haven't heard anything at all either and I've been checking my email like crazy. I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully I still have a chance at an acceptance or waitlist 🤞

Did anyone from Spokane cohort receive a email notice of acceptance after the acceptance call?

Post interview rejection just now. Huge congrats to everyone who got in!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First SUC about 10 minutes ago. Interviewed (for the second time) 1/21 Seattle OOR.

Seattle cohort, OOR. SUC email just 5 mins ago. Interviewed 1/22, virtual experience 1/19

Wondering if any OOR applicants have been accepted into the Seattle cohort???
I feel like we will be the last people to know anything :(

I am still under SUC from November lol idk what to do anymore ahahah

• Care
Just got my post interview rejection email. Sad but not unexpected. I was shocked to have gotten an interview in the first place. Congrats to all of you who were accepted or got a SUC!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Just received my SUC email. IS; interviewed 1/21

Any OOR who interviewed in early December receive any correspondence since the first SUC?

Getting the SUC email is so disheartening mostly because I have no idea what to think. What are the chances of getting in from the SUC pool? How many others are in the SUC pool? When will we finally know UW's decision? Agghhhh I'm tired of the stress hahaha

Got the SUC today, interviewed 1/19 for Seattle cohort :/
Atleast it’s not an R yet

I think someone touched on this before, so feel free to rage at my current lack of motivation to search but..

Any current students want to elaborate on the summer between MS1 and MS2? What exactly did you do? How intensive was it?

Also, how do you rate the value of each thing you do throughout the year? Are there a myriad of things that you just sit there and think "Why are we doing this when we could have this time to do something more beneficial?"

IS Seattle cohort SUC received today as well -- interviewed 1/22!

Reactions: 3 users
Nice! Will this be a group tour of those who got the A, or will it be more one-on-one later on?

I feel like we will be the last people to know anything :(

I am still under SUC from November lol idk what to do anymore ahahah
Did you recently get another SUC email? I interviewed in December and didn't get a SUC email yesterday

Nice! Will this be a group tour of those who got the A, or will it be more one-on-one later on?
It sounded more like a relaxed one-on-one. Nothing formal, and anyone is welcome.

Last edited:
I'm sitting at the lodge on top of a ski slope, but I still have just enough service that I can't escape the dread. I'm just trying to ski the anxiety away rn. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Did any IS Seattle cohort applicants who have been getting all the SUC emails since oct/nov/dec get another SUC email yesterday? I’m not sure what it means that I haven’t heard anything.

Did any IS Seattle cohort applicants who have been getting all the SUC emails since oct/nov/dec get another SUC email yesterday? I’m not sure what it means that I haven’t heard anything.
On the same boat

Hi guys, if we are SUC does the admissions committee want *anything* sent to them? The email says they don't want letters of interest or updates, so I assume that letters of interest are also not welcome?

+1

I am currently an Oregon resident, but have recently moved to Washington. I am debating switching my residency in order to apply as a WA resident for the 2021-2022 cycle. I was wondering what others thought of this? Basically I am deciding whether or not to prioritize my application to OHSU or UW.

I am currently an Oregon resident, but have recently moved to Washington. I am debating switching my residency in order to apply as a WA resident for the 2021-2022 cycle. I was wondering what others thought of this? Basically I am deciding whether or not to prioritize my application to OHSU or UW.
If you graduated from an OR high school you could still be in consideration for OHSU couldn’t you?

I think someone touched on this before, so feel free to rage at my current lack of motivation to search but..

Any current students want to elaborate on the summer between MS1 and MS2? What exactly did you do? How intensive was it?

Also, how do you rate the value of each thing you do throughout the year? Are there a myriad of things that you just sit there and think "Why are we doing this when we could have this time to do something more beneficial?"
MS1 here, maybe I can shed a little light on this. It doesn't hurt to ask but tbh I'm not sure how much they can tell you unless you have a plan for the research you want to do. There's 4 tracks you can choose from: RUOP (basically you go to a rural area for 6-7 weeks and do a public health project), Scholarship of Integration (a literature review), Scholarship of Discovery (original research), and GHIP (the global health track).

If you do a RUOP, you'll be at your site for 6-7 weeks, while the remaining weeks are off. Lots of students take the remaining few weeks as vacation. Your RUOP can be set up so that you start at the beginning of the summer and have the last few weeks of summer off, or you have the first few weeks of summer off and then do your RUOP. I know for RUOP there's a survey you fill out by early January where you can state your preferences/anything UWSOM needs to know about beforehand to help in placing you.

If you're doing a lit review, you're probably gonna work on it remotely throughout the summer so that gives you some flexibility. If you're doing a global health experience, you'll be gone for almost the entire summer (not 100% sure since I don't know much about it and international travel's been suspended for E-20s). If you're doing original research, then you may either work remotely or have to work in person.

Basically, it really depends on what you want to do. Especially with COVID, things aren't 100% set in stone which makes it trickier.

Hope that helps!
Just copied and pasted my response about the summer between MS1 and MS2. The MS2s would be the best people to talk to about this, but they're in their dedicated period right now so I can only give you an MS1's perspective right now.

As with any med school, yes, those questions crop up. Generally, you can tell faculty about what's working and what's not and they'll try to adjust things if they're able to. Some blocks and faculty are better than others. The curriculum and calendar are pretty set in stone though so huge changes are probably not gonna happen. You also fill out end of block surveys where you can mention what worked/what didn't, etc. I'm not sure what happens to the surveys after they're received by UW though.

Idaho resident... I JUST GOT THE CALL!! What a whirlwind of emotions. Good luck, everyone!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Idaho resident who just got the call! I hope to see and meet all of you on the campus someday :) Best of luck, your call is coming!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I just got the call! ID applicant accepted 10 minutes ago.

I can't even describe how good this feels right now. Applying has been the most stressful experience of my life so far. I was at the point that I was almost regretting applying. I have a wife and two kids at home and here I am living at my parent's house, working slightly above minimum wage as a scribe, with a semi useless college degree. It was starting to really wear me down. But whatever, I got in! I hope I can meet some of you soon!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
I just got the call! ID applicant accepted 10 minutes ago.

I can't even describe how good this feels right now. Applying has been the most stressful experience of my life so far. I was at the point that I was almost regretting applying. I have a wife and two kids at home and here I am living at my parent's house, working slightly above minimum wage as a scribe, with a semi useless college degree. It was starting to really wear me down. But whatever, I got in! I hope I can meet some of you soon!
Ayyyyy, congrats!!! Was rooting for you throughout the cycle. Now you can change your signature ;)

Has anyone who interviewed for WA TRUST heard back?

Can I ask the LizzyM's of idaho people who got accepted? I am assuming calls are done so...bracing for the rejection tomorrow morning. This is a brutal process. Congrats to those accepted!