You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UT Houston ( McGovern)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi all, current MS2 here. Congrats to all who have pre-matched. To those of you who are anxiously waiting until match day - take a deep breath and best of luck!
Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about McGovern/student orgs/research/living in Houston/etc.
Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about McGovern/student orgs/research/living in Houston/etc.
D
deleted1092786
Does Mcgovern have MCAT sub section screen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So ready to match here on March 5th!! Does McGovern send out a lot of pre-matches? Like UTMB sent a bunch? would you say McGovern sends around the same or less?
So ready to match here on March 5th!! Does McGovern send out a lot of pre-matches? Like UTMB sent a bunch? would you say McGovern sends around the same or less?
They didn’t send out a lot compared to utmb
The match results are revealed at 8:00am CST. To my understanding, an acceptance email from your matched school follows later that same day.Hey guys! On match day, will our TMDSAS portal be up-to-date with match offers early that morning, despite whatever time McGovern sends the actual emails out? (As in, can we just check the portal in the morning instead of anxiously refreshing emails all day?)
You will see your result at 8am, either “you have matched to xx school” or “no match”.Hey guys! On match day, will our TMDSAS portal be up-to-date with match offers early that morning, despite whatever time McGovern sends the actual emails out? (As in, can we just check the portal in the morning instead of anxiously refreshing emails all day?)
There will be only 1 school.
if you don’t match, wait a bit to see if you are offered a place on a WL.
D
deleted872555
ranked mcgovern as #1! prayingggg i match here 🙂
baselineconfusion
Full Member
Hey Guys,
So would you say that the majority of the acceptances are handed out on Match Day?
So would you say that the majority of the acceptances are handed out on Match Day?
For McGovern it should be 50/50 pre-match vs. match acceptancesHey Guys,
So would you say that the majority of the acceptances are handed out on Match Day?
whiteraspberry
Full Member
if any OOS hear from McGovern today, please say something!! 😅
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
If you dont match when do you hear about if you were put on the waitlist or not?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MATCHED!!!!
yellowmellow147
New Member
Did not match and super bummed. Congrats to all that did though! Does anyone know the likelihood of getting in from the waitlist?
Didn't match, supper bummed. Hopefully I will get off wait list. Working on my letter of intent. Congrats to everyone who got in.
prestigeworldwide77
Full Member
MATCHED! CAN'T BELIEVE IT
Congrats on all the matches! I didn't match, but I had a few questions about the waitlist that I hope someone could answer.
1. Does McGovern rank students in the waitlist?
2. How many students does McGovern usually accept off the waitlist?
3. When does the most movement usually happen on the waitlist?
4. If I already sent a letter of intent with updates before matchday, is it okay to send another letter without any new updates now?
Thanks in advance for any answers. Again, congrats to all of y'all that matched.
1. Does McGovern rank students in the waitlist?
2. How many students does McGovern usually accept off the waitlist?
3. When does the most movement usually happen on the waitlist?
4. If I already sent a letter of intent with updates before matchday, is it okay to send another letter without any new updates now?
Thanks in advance for any answers. Again, congrats to all of y'all that matched.
Last edited:
Matched this morning :')
I'm so sorry - I was in your shoes 2 years ago when I was WL'ed here, so I can answer question #1 based on information I received back then. McGovern does rank WL'ed students, but they do not inform students where they are ranked. They also explicitly stated that Letters of Interest do not change a student's rank. I also asked if I could sent post-WL updates, and they said I could, but my rank on the WL would remain unchanged.
Hope this helps a bit!
Congrats on all the matches! I didn't match, but I had a few questions about the waitlist that I hope someone could answer.
1. Does McGovern rank students in the waitlist?
2. How many students does McGovern usually take of the waitlist?
3. When does the most movement usually happen on the waitlist?
4. If I already sent a letter of intent with updates before matchday, is it okay to send another letter without any new updates now?
Thanks in advance for any answers. Again, congrats to all of y'all that matched.
I'm so sorry - I was in your shoes 2 years ago when I was WL'ed here, so I can answer question #1 based on information I received back then. McGovern does rank WL'ed students, but they do not inform students where they are ranked. They also explicitly stated that Letters of Interest do not change a student's rank. I also asked if I could sent post-WL updates, and they said I could, but my rank on the WL would remain unchanged.
Hope this helps a bit!
OOS, just got the waitlist email... did any other OOS get it?
futuredoclsom
Full Member
Just got the WL email, IS
+1OOS, just got the waitlist email... did any other OOS get it?
whiteraspberry
Full Member
waitlist OOS.
they specifically said letters of intent or interest won’t increase your waitlist rank. i wonder if it’s worth sending one anyway?
they specifically said letters of intent or interest won’t increase your waitlist rank. i wonder if it’s worth sending one anyway?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whiteraspberry
Full Member
has there been any OOS rejection or acceptance?
Someone on admissions accidentally clicked the wrong button and all OOS got waitlist /s
believeit7
New Member
Hi all - congrats to those who matched!!
I'm very thankful to have matched at a different school, but McGovern is my top choice and I got put on the waiting list. Do i have by April 30th then to commit to the school I matched to or do I not have to contact that school at all, and only need to let them know if I somehow get off the waitlist. Thanks!
I'm very thankful to have matched at a different school, but McGovern is my top choice and I got put on the waiting list. Do i have by April 30th then to commit to the school I matched to or do I not have to contact that school at all, and only need to let them know if I somehow get off the waitlist. Thanks!
D
deleted1079462
Waitlisted
I did! Are all OOS waitlisted and not rejected?OOS, just got the waitlist email... did any other OOS get it?
Is accepting the offer of admission considered binding at this point?
Somebody messed up, lol! Congrats getting into a top choice!I’ve been waitlisted even though I ranked it lower than the school I matched to. Why is that?
Out of curosity is this only OOS and have they sent the whoops email already? Tryna see if I should be expecting another body shot lolSomeone on admissions accidentally clicked the wrong button and all OOS got waitlist /s
For now, your match school IS your school.Hi all - congrats to those who matched!!
I'm very thankful to have matched at a different school, but McGovern is my top choice and I got put on the waiting list. Do i have by April 30th then to commit to the school I matched to or do I not have to contact that school at all, and only need to let them know if I somehow get off the waitlist. Thanks!
If you get an offer from McGovern's WL, you need to
1. Accept the offer
2. Contact the other school promptly with your regrets and notification that you are withdrawing to accept another offer.
3. Applicants holding another TX acceptance can only get offers from a TX WL until May 15th.
believeit7
New Member
Thank you! The email I received from my match school stated that they want a commitment if holding another offer by April 30th - I should go by this deadline instead of the May 15th deadline, right?For now, your match school IS your school.
If you get an offer from McGovern's WL, you need to
1. Accept the offer
2. Contact the other school promptly with your regrets and notification that you are withdrawing to accept another offer.
3. Applicants holding another TX acceptance can only get offers from a TX WL until May 15th.
Yes you must commit to your Match school by April 30.Thank you! The email I received from my match school stated that they want a commitment if holding another offer by April 30th - I should go by this deadline instead of the May 15th deadline, right?
So I matched at another Tx school, given your third point, I can only potentially move off of the waitlist at McGovern before May 15th? I thought that waitlist movement could happen all the way until orientation?For now, your match school IS your school.
If you get an offer from McGovern's WL, you need to
1. Accept the offer
2. Contact the other school promptly with your regrets and notification that you are withdrawing to accept another offer.
3. Applicants holding another TX acceptance can only get offers from a TX WL until May 15th.
Correct. I'm going to post a longer post later today on the official TMDSAS questions thread to explain all the what's and why's.So I matched at another Tx school, given your third point, I can only potentially move off of the waitlist at McGovern before May 15th? I thought that waitlist movement could happen all the way until orientation?
Briefly, after May 15th, offers of admission from a WL can only be made to people with holding no other TX acceptances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
throwaway76
New Member
I prematched and matched today and haven't received an email, was wondering the same thingFor those who have prematched and matched today, did you receive an email today to confirm the acceptance from Mcgovern? If not, should we be expecting an email soon?
I haven’t received anything either.For those who have prematched and matched today, did you receive an email today to confirm the acceptance from Mcgovern? If not, should we be expecting an email soon?
_Ongo-Gablogian
New Member
I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know?Are all applicants who didn't match here automatically added to the WL at McGovern? Or do they limit their waitlist?
+ like 5 or 6 or whatever it is at this point. Haven’t heard of a single OOS person that got in yetOOS, just got the waitlist email... did any other OOS get it?
whiteraspberry
Full Member
that’s super comforting. they’ll probably drop the spots right before april 30th!+ like 5 or 6 or whatever it is at this point. Haven’t heard of a single OOS person that got in yet