2020-2021 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to let y'all know Long offers scholarships to accepted students (and has scholarships you can apply for later on). Just received a notification. Check your emails :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to let y'all know Long offers scholarships to accepted students (and has scholarships you can apply for later on). Just received a notification. Check your emails :)
Just got the scholarship!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Man, you're a beast! Congrats again! 👍🏾Korra sums it up 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Would Long accept a pre-II letter of interest? If so, how would I go about doing this?

for those that have interviewed and sent thank you letters, did your interviewers respond?

Hmmmm neither of mine responded. Do you think I should follow up on that?
Mine didnt respond either, but I sent mine thru the admissions office, so maybe thats why. Most of my interviewers actually never replied to all my schools I interviewed at. For the interviewers at the schools I pre-matched to, I actually emailed them both directly and they didn't respond. It really doesnt mean anything if they dont email back! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hmmmm neither of mine responded. Do you think I should follow up on that?
I don't think y'all should follow up on thank you notes you have sent.

Look at it this way:
What if Grandma sent you a thank you note for her gift?
You send her back a thank you note for her thank you note, well, because her note was so sweet and she's Grandma.
Does she then send you a thank you note, thanking you for your thank you note for her thank you note?
Where does it all end? :wideyed:

I'm using a little bit of a silly example, but I think you get the message. The message is that one message is sufficient. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for those that have interviewed and sent thank you letters, did your interviewers respond?
Everywhere I interviewed I sent a thank you letter. I got some responses. Don't read too much into them ( I know ...easier said than done). But if you think about sometimes you also want to play hard to get. You did your part, now just wait and enjoy the holidays 😁

Reactions: 1 users
When was the last batch of II sent out? My app was received/complete mid-august and I haven't heard back :(( Starting to wonder if its too late to expect anything now

When was the last batch of II sent out? My app was received/complete mid-august and I haven't heard back :(( Starting to wonder if its too late to expect anything now
Idk about when last IIs were sent out, but I assume they’ll send more cause they interview literally till the last day of the season (February 19th). So don’t lose hope yet :)

Reactions: 6 users
Idk about when last IIs were sent out, but I assume they’ll send more cause they interview literally till the last day of the season (February 19th). So don’t lose hope yet :)
Thanks for this encouragement, but how do you know they interview that long? I want to have hope, but having a hard time having it, lol!

Thanks for this encouragement, but how do you know they interview that long? I want to have hope, but having a hard time having it, lol!
The Dean told us on interview day! :) plus I think it’s on their interview day details on their website!

II just now! Complete late august. Available dates were January 8, 15, and 22

Reactions: 5 users
II today!! Complete in August / IS / 75 LM

Reactions: 7 users
II today as well! Completed June/IS/LM 73. All three of those dates still available so y'all still have a chance at getting an II

Reactions: 4 users
I received an interview invite on new years as OOS... super excited to learn more about this school

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II just now! IS, complete in July, LizzyM 74, WARS 88. I had options of 3 dates in January. I didn't see any February dates despite reports they'd be doing February interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II just now! IS, complete in July, LizzyM 74, WARS 88. I had options of 3 dates in January. I didn't see any February dates despite reports they'd be doing February interviews.
Congrats! Dean Kellaway just had a Q&A for interviewed applicants (and upcoming ones) and mentioned the February dates for interviews again, so don’t sweat it y’all if you still haven’t got one! She also mentioned they continually review the 6,000+ applications they’ve received this year to determine interviews.

II today. LM 75 OOS complete in like October I think. Does anyone know what post-interview acceptance odds are, specifically if you're out of state?

II today. LM 75 OOS complete in like October I think. Does anyone know what post-interview acceptance odds are, specifically if you're out of state?
Under 40 percent I think.

Can someone who's already interviewed here provide info abt the interview? experience? stuff to prepare for?

Can someone who's already interviewed here provide info abt the interview? experience? stuff to prepare for?
It's pretty chill. Just have the answers to the normal questions prepared, and the rest will be on your feet. But my interviewed were really nice, so I don't think it's worth stressing about too much.

Have you interviewed anywhere yet? If so then that prepared you for these interviews.

Any idea what the timelines looks like after interview for OOS students?

Any idea what the timelines looks like after interview for OOS students?
Dr. K answered this a little bit in the Q&A session on Tuesday. She said that we will Most likely hear back on or right after Match Day (I believe March 1st?). And she said there’s a good amount of waitlist movement too.

Dr. K answered this a little bit in the Q&A session on Tuesday. She said that we will Most likely hear back on or right after Match Day (I believe March 1st?). And she said there’s a good amount of waitlist movement too.
Ooh ok. I asked an MS4 and she gave me the impression that it would be earlier than March day like a month or so. Guess I’ll stop being excited to find out

II just now as well! OOS and I assumed they had given up on me long ago (no pun intended lol). Super excited!!!

Does not doing the SOWVI negatively impact your application? I interview on Friday, but I recently got into a car accident and my injuries are making it difficult for me to do anything so I'd rather avoid it if it's not crucial.

Does not doing the SOWVI negatively impact your application? I interview on Friday, but I recently got into a car accident and my injuries are making it difficult for me to do anything so I'd rather avoid it if it's not crucial.
During my interview, Dr. Kellaway emphasized that it is 100% optional in the legit sense of the word. That is not the version of "optional" that means it's some secret test to differentiate between the people who are serious about the school from those who aren't. The SOWVI merely gives you an extra chance to showcase yourself to the ADCOMs.

I wish you a speedy recovery and good luck with your interview on Friday!

• Care
During my interview, Dr. Kellaway emphasized that it is 100% optional in the legit sense of the word. That is not the version of "optional" that means it's some secret test to differentiate between the people who are serious about the school from those who aren't. The SOWVI merely gives you an extra chance to showcase yourself to the ADCOMs.

I wish you a speedy recovery and good luck with your interview on Friday!
Thank you so much - I can breathe a bit easier now. Really appreciate it!

To those who interviewed here, did you send thank you notes to your interviewers? The school's website says to email them to one specific email or send them by mail to an address. Just curious how others have done it. Thanks in advance!