2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some packages are already up on Academia. If you don't qualify for institutional aid, the package will consist of: $2k BoG Grant and $40,500 in Unsub Federal loan (~$2k of the amount posted is loan origination fees).
is this the only aid that we are capable of getting? For example, are we allowed to ask for more loans? The thought of private loans scares me. I am OOS so that 90,000$ cost of attendance is looking steep

Members don't see this ad :)
is this the only aid that we are capable of getting? For example, are we allowed to ask for more loans? The thought of private loans scares me. I am OOS so that 90,000$ cost of attendance is looking steep
I believe the next step is applying for a direct grad plus loan, which they say can cover total COA minus other aid. Applications don’t open until May though. They have some info on their financial aid page that kinda outlines what that application is like/qualifications etc.

please correct me if I’m wrong anyone

Reactions: 1 user
I believe the next step is applying for a direct grad plus loan, which they say can cover total COA minus other aid. Applications don’t open until May though. They have some info on their financial aid page that kinda outlines what that application is like/qualifications etc.

please correct me if I’m wrong anyone
Grad PLUS loans guarantee your COA difference if your credit isn't completely trashed.

Grad PLUS loans guarantee your COA difference if your credit isn't completely trashed.
I’m a bit worried about it bc of some missed loan payments (never received the notices). My credit isn’t bad but I do have that adverse credit history of a 90+ day missed payment ugh

So i just got off the phone with them, and they were saying its pretty typical for it to take a bit of time for the information to be sent out. I think this email was sent in mistake. We should probably be getting the correct info next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A here, I hope one of you patient waitlisters gets it:)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Nope. I sent in my transcripts, but it hasn’t updated on the portal thingy either
Did you send transcripts to Wayne State University or is there a specific address for the medical school we have to send it to?

Just withdrew my A here as well, good luck to you all! I was on the waitlist too so I hope one of you gets a happy email sometime soon :giggle:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Scholarship offer!!! Pretty generous one...

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Tomorrow is Wayne State Giving Day. Would be a great time to give me an acceptance, Wayne😌

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Are acceptances ever sent out on Friday or are they pretty much always on Monday?

Does Wayne state have a virtual second look day? I haven’t received any notifications about it.

Does Wayne state have a virtual second look day? I haven’t received any notifications about it.
Friday. There should have been sign up links coming to your AMCAS email.

Has Wayne removed the tracker? For some reason I can't find it ??

I still see it.
1617828791082.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Did those of you who were accepted receive financial aid info with your Academia log-in, or did you get a separate email notifying you that aid had been posted?

Did those of you who were accepted receive financial aid info with your Academia log-in, or did you get a separate email notifying you that aid had been posted?
When I first got my academica info, I logged in and saw there was no financial aid info. Just blank. A few months later, I checked academica again and saw that they had given me a board of governors scholarship. I still haven’t gotten any email saying aid had been posted or that I was awarded a scholarship. However, I did get an email last night talking about today’s virtual second look day. In the email, it says, “To date, all scholarships have been awarded and recipients are notified.” Lol like I said, I never got an email about mine. But it is possible that after April 30th some people will give up their scholarships to go elsewhere and we might have a chance at receiving those.

Reactions: 2 users
When I first got my academica info, I logged in and saw there was no financial aid info. Just blank. A few months later, I checked academica again and saw that they had given me a board of governors scholarship. I still haven’t gotten any email saying aid had been posted or that I was awarded a scholarship. However, I did get an email last night talking about today’s virtual second look day. In the email, it says, “To date, all scholarships have been awarded and recipients are notified.” Lol like I said, I never got an email about mine. But it is possible that after April 30th some people will give up their scholarships to go elsewhere and we might have a chance at receiving those.

Thanks!

So in my financial aid section, it states "not admitted to eligible program". does this change after my background check, transcript, etc are all received by wayne?? It does say they received my fafsa
I have the same status and I was accepted last week. My final transcript won't be in until late May/June because I'm a current senior so I hope I get financial aid information much sooner than that.

This is my third time reapplying and unfortunately was rejected back in November.

Can y'all give me some advice on what I can do to improve myself?
Like I feel like I did everything, improved MCAT for 499 to 507, did the post-bacc GPA replacement thing, have good essays, and a lot of experience.

Would love to hear some of y'all's profiles.
I took the MCAT in 2019 with a 515 and have a 3.95 cGPA and 3.92 sGPA. Majored in Physiology and Finance and minored in economics. I have over 2000 hours of service from starting undergrad onwards and a few minor abstracts published in conference journals. Got waitlisted immediately. I’m a reapplicant too, and it sucks man.

It seems like 507 isn’t cutting it for Wayne now unfortunately. The incoming class average is 510-14, even with a class size of 350 plus. I don’t know how many times you’ve taken the MCAT, but if you study/practice enough and have a 517 plus with a depth of clinical/volunteer hours, you might get another interview (if this was your first time for Wayne).

I have the same status and I was accepted last week. My final transcript won't be in until late May/June because I'm a current senior so I hope I get financial aid information much sooner than that.

I just attended the second look event and they said if this is the case to email the financial aid people directly (Adam Zangerle: [email protected]) to let them know and they will update it for you. They said it happens because they received your FAFSA before you were accepted. They also said you should receive the aid offer before April 30th (I don't think transcripts affect it).

Reactions: 1 users
I just attended the second look event and they said if this is the case to email the financial aid people directly (Adam Zangerle: [email protected]) to let them know and they will update it for you. They said it happens because they received your FAFSA before you were accepted. They also said you should receive the aid offer before April 30th (I don't think transcripts affect it).
This is kinda random but did they say anything about acceptances or WL movement during second look?

This is kinda random but did they say anything about acceptances or WL movement during second look?

Since (I believe) the event was all accepted applicants, they didn't mention anything about the waitlist. They didn't say they were done giving out acceptances or anything either, though. However we were put in breakout rooms at one point, so maybe someone in a different room heard something.