2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there is an accepted students group?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
UPDATE: I was ACCEPTED 😭 omg I can’t believe it!!!
When did you interview? I was told during my interview that I would be notified today but I didn't hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
A last night, interviewed 12/2 😭 first A ever and my second cycle, had to immediately go pop some champagne

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Hi everyone I was curious about whether or not there is a way to submit another update/letter of interest if I already clicked "I'm Done Uploading Activities" on the portal? I didn't realize that was going to completely lock me out at the time. I thought it would only submit my first update :/

Reactions: 1 user
Does signing the docusign document confirming acceptance commit us to attending Boonshoft?

Does signing the docusign document confirming acceptance commit us to attending Boonshoft?
No. I thought the same thing when I was accepted. The email is deceptively worded. But no it saves your seat but doesn't bind you yet.

Interview is coming up and slightly freaking out! any advice/tips?
I would just look over your application. You could also look over the sdn interview feedback page for Wright State to get an idea of what types of questions have been asked before. My interview was basically questions about my experiences and typical interview questions. It was really low stress and very conversational!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if adcoms will look at your update letter even if you haven't hit "complete" on the competency activity? I just think I may want to update more later.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if adcoms will look at your update letter even if you haven't hit "complete" on the competency activity? I just think I may want to update more later.
The competency activity is required to be complete pal... I don't think adcoms are going to review your application until you finish it?! That is PART of the secondary

Reactions: 4 users
Oof..... yeah the competencies were part of the secondary...

The competency activity is required to be complete pal... I don't think adcoms are going to review your application until you finish it?! That is PART of the secondary
LOL my bad. I meant the "Submit Additional Documentation" activity. thank GOD i did do the competencies before.

Like when we upload a letter but have not hit "finish" on the activity yet bc we may have another update letter in the coming weeks/months can Adcoms see our first update letter?
I hope this makes sense.

• Haha
LOL my bad. I meant the "Submit Additional Documentation" activity. thank GOD i did do the competencies before.

Like when we upload a letter but have not hit "finish" on the activity yet bc we may have another update letter in the coming weeks/months can Adcoms see our first update letter?
I hope this makes sense.
I believe so, because otherwise the activity would 'lock out.'

I believe so, because otherwise the activity would 'lock out.'
I don’t understand. I assume if we upload it but don’t click submit then they can’t see it. I do think we have to hit finish after uploading for the admission committee to receive the letter. my analogy is like an assignment we uploaded but haven’t clicked submit on.

I don’t understand. I assume if we upload it but don’t click submit then they can’t see it. I do think we have to hit finish after uploading for the admission committee to receive the letter. my analogy is like an assignment we uploaded but haven’t clicked submit on.
Yeah I think i am gonna email admissions about it to be certain that mine is visible even though I didn't hit complete on the activity. Will report back if they get back to me!

Reactions: 3 users
Attention everyone
Yeah I think i am gonna email admissions about it to be certain that mine is visible even though I didn't hit complete on the activity. Will report back if they get back to me!
Admissions reply AFTER I uploaded but DID NOT hit "complete" on the "Submit Additional Documentation" activity:

"I do not show any documents in your application. Once you have completed the activity, the documents will be included in your official application. You may use the feature until March. "

So @Nikhitgadde was right!

Attention everyone

Admissions reply AFTER I uploaded but DID NOT hit "complete" on the "Submit Additional Documentation" activity:

"I do not show any documents in your application. Once you have completed the activity, the documents will be included in your official application. You may use the feature until March. "

So @Nikhitgadde was right!

Wow, that sounds so dumb. Essentially you can't update AND have a LOI later, everything is done at once.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if there is something from the rejection email saying they've completed all their interview invites?
They don't complete sending IIs till mid-February.

Has anyone been accepted recently or know when the next round of decisions should be coming out? Interviewed 12/15.

Also interviewed 12/15; I believe Lakia said they meet every other Wed and our interview date would hear back either the third week of January or the first week of Feb. Hopefully we’ll hear back Thursday!

Last edited:
Are there any accepted or current md-phd students reading this thread that can pm me? I have some questions that the website can’t answer

Once we sign the docusign agreement, there are no other action items to hold our seats right? all of the language in the emails makes it seem like signing the docusign document, setting up email, etc. commits you to attending but considering how that the cycle is not over yet I'm not sure that that's the case lol

Accepted! Interviewed 12/15. Keep the faith, friends :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
For anybody wondering if they're still sending out interview invites, I just received one yesterday. In state, complete in July I think

Reactions: 7 users
For anybody wondering if they're still sending out interview invites, I just received one yesterday. In state, complete in July I think
+1 but will probably withdraw my II

I was complete 8/3 and really just want them to end my misery or extend the invite before I implode :cryi:

Just got an II. Instate, complete in July. I will almost certainly be withdrawing, I hope someone else gets it!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got an II. Instate, complete in July. I will almost certainly be withdrawing, I hope someone else gets it
Thank you for some relief! Been complete since July too and would really like to hear back

Has anyone that interviewed on 12/16 heard anything back yet? This is the 6 week mark and I’m getting anxious lol.

Has anyone that interviewed on 12/16 heard anything back yet? This is the 6 week mark and I’m getting anxious lol.
I interviewed the same day and never heard back

I interviewed the same day, and haven’t heard anything either. Someone earlier in the thread got accepted last Thursday, interviewed the day before us (12/15) and said they were told that admissions meets every other Wednesday. So I’m anticipating we’ll hear back next Thursday hopefully!

I interviewed the same day, and haven’t heard anything either. Someone earlier in the thread got accepted last Thursday, interviewed the day before us (12/15) and said they were told that admissions meets every other Wednesday. So I’m anticipating we’ll hear back next Thursday hopefully!
So my interview was just this Wednesday and they told us they were still meeting about applicants who interviewed early Dec. So it literally could be because they have yet to get to your app/interviewer notes .

I just received an II yesterday for 2/9 (instate). I know its a little late but better then never. Secondary submitted 11/29.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Would any current student be able to give insight on how to get involved in research (specifically clinical) at WSU, especially if you wish to publish?