2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, why R tomorrow? Do you think they just phased out the R’s in two days. Or might be another week till we officially near the Pre interview R
Just a hunch it probably could also be we get our Rs a week later

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any of these Rs from IS residents? Especially those outside from SW OH residents?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from SW OH and haven't heard anything since July but my friend who is from NW OH just got an R
Hmm...I'm not from SW OH and have not heard anything from September. But I did all of my shadowing with a Wright State SOM (pre-BSOM) physician alumnus, so I don't know if that's barely keeping me in the running.

Pre-II R Complete August

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Politely rejected yesterday, but I'm okay with it. :)

Primary submitted 9/24
Secondary submitted 10/2
Politely rejected 2/9

OOS (MI)

Good luck, y'all!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Politely rejected yesterday, but I'm okay with it. :)

Primary submitted 9/24
Secondary submitted 10/2
Politely rejected 2/9

OOS (MI)

Good luck, y'all!!
Yeah, I haven’t heard anything yet but this morning it’s not letting me access the gateway. Saying URL not found? Maybe Silent rejection as well or anyone else having this issue,

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I haven’t heard anything yet but this morning it’s not letting me access the gateway. Saying URL not found? Maybe Silent rejection as well or anyone else having this issue,
I’m having the same issue

It's a AAMC gateway wide issue.

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or unranked ? Is your position on the waitlist based on when you interviewed or your score ?

Not sure if this was mentioned but did any OOS applicants get accepted? I submitted my secondary on 10/8, received an II on 1/1, and interviewed 1/27. I know there is a small chance of being accepted, since they already extended 160 As and me being OOS, but I am holding out on hope here yall :)

Not sure if this was mentioned but did any OOS applicants get accepted? I submitted my secondary on 10/8, received an II on 1/1, and interviewed 1/27. I know there is a small chance of being accepted, since they already extended 160 As and me being OOS, but I am holding out on hope here yall :)
I get that someone on here has decided that because there are 160 people accepted already that most of the other people will be waitlisted. But I think that is incorrect. When you look at the numbers of people who get multiple acceptances and also those who withdraw their applications, obviously Boonshoft accepts way more than 160 applicants to fill 120 places! Also, someone from admissions saying that people interviewing the second week of February are likely to go to waitlist does not mean that people who interview in early or mid January are likely to have the same unfortunate result. Just my $.02.

I get that someone on here has decided that because there are 160 people accepted already that most of the other people will be waitlisted. But I think that is incorrect. When you look at the numbers of people who get multiple acceptances and also those who withdraw their applications, obviously Boonshoft accepts way more than 160 applicants to fill 120 places! Also, someone from admissions saying that people interviewing the second week of February are likely to go to waitlist does not mean that people who interview in early or mid January are likely to have the same unfortunate result. Just my $.02.
Agreed, based on their reported acceptance rate and number of applications, they accept 240ish. And even though I was told my interview would likely result in waitlist, doesn't mean the same for those who interviewed before me in Dec/Jan. They are still working on those decisions

I am OOS! I was complete 8/11, interviewed 10/13, and accepted 10/22!

pre-interview R the other day. MCAT and GPA above their stats and an IS re-applicant. I really dont know what this school is looking for IS kids / if they bias kids who are from SW Ohio? I have another acceptance but this school just makes me salty lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
pre-interview R the other day. MCAT and GPA above their stats and an IS re-applicant. I really dont know what this school is looking for IS kids / if they bias kids who are from SW Ohio? I have another acceptance but this school just makes me salty lol
Lol this was so me at NEOMED and Toledo. I think there’s just so many qualified applicants that they logistically have to turn down a certain number of applicants even with great numbers.

Last cycle my stats were above NEO’s 90th%ile, the interviewers literally told me I “crushed it”, and then I was ranked 400+ on their WL 😂 it doesn’t always make sense so I have so I have stopped trying to decipher the madness

Lol this was so me at NEOMED and Toledo. I think there’s just so many qualified applicants that they logistically have to turn down a certain number of applicants even with great numbers.

Last cycle my stats were above NEO’s 90th%ile, the interviewers literally told me I “crushed it”, and then I was ranked 400+ on their WL 😂 it doesn’t always make sense so I have so I have stopped trying to decipher the madness
i will not ever understand the logic of neomed/wright/toledo. them schools make me mad as a ohio resident lol.

Reactions: 2 users
i will not ever understand the logic of neomed/wright/toledo. them schools make me mad as a ohio resident lol.
i wish I knew this inconsistency before. I applied only in state thinking I would have the best chance and not write that many essays. I was definitely wrong, but I can’t do anything now. Also, i genuinely didn’t want to leave the state, but still should not have applied only in state.

I feel there's an underestimation for an in-state in-quadrant region bias when it comes to those 3 schools is my working theory. I'll add OU-HCOM to the list so that SE OH has their representation.

I feel there's an underestimation for an in-state in-quadrant region bias when it comes to those 3 schools is my working theory. I'll add OU-HCOM to the list so that SE OH has their representation.
*cries in Central Ohio*

For anyone that has heard back post-interview, did you hear back from a phone call or from the portal/email first? Also do they only call if its an A?

For anyone that has heard back post-interview, did you hear back from a phone call or from the portal/email first? Also do they only call if its an A?
I was accepted via email, no phone call

Agreed, based on their reported acceptance rate and number of applications, they accept 240ish. And even though I was told my interview would likely result in waitlist, doesn't mean the same for those who interviewed before me in Dec/Jan. They are still working on those decisions
im thinking that the waitlist is really going to move this year too with so many applicants interviewing who normally wouldn't have paid to travel, plus BSOM has no deposit, so if offered acceptance why wouldn't they take it - if for no other reason than to hold their seat while they decide on other schools... I think its a bubble and its going to pop

Just wanted to add to the conversation about potential regional bias. I’m URM and my stats are in their 25th and 50th percentiles. I’m in state (SW ish Ohio) with ties to Dayton. I thought I had a chance at an II here but was straight rejected and given II’s at MD schools I never thought would consider my app. It just goes to show that no one can predict their chances and everyone’s app is unique in their own way. Every school is looking for something different (even if I don’t understand it at all lol)

pre-II R just now. Complete late july, in state

• Care
Pre-interview R just now, OOS, LM~66 complete in July. Bye everyone :)

• Care
Pre-II R. Complete 9/14. A little bit surprised since I shadowed a BSOM alumnus doctor.

• Care
  • Hmm
pre-II rejection, IS, LM 75

• Care
Pre II R just now OOS no ties. Good luck guys!

• Care
+1 Pre II R just now.

• Care