2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just created SDN account and wanted to input my data for the collective:

Received II on Jan 2nd and interviewed the 26th. 511, 3.5, URM, and complete mid-November.

At interview was told to not expect decision until March as they were still reviewing applicants from late Dec/early Jan; said that will likely occupy them through their Feb 4th & 18th admission committee meetings.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So, do accepted students do the scholarship application? I thought I read someone said that first years don't have to? Deadline is tonight so want to be sure

OOS and still radio silent over here lol

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if it helps anyone still waiting to hear but according to their portal, they have accepted at least 149 people to date

Some people should be hearing back today if the committee met yesterday, right? I think Boonshoft only sends an email about your decision instead of calling. Can anyone tell me around what time they received their decision email?

They said either by today or tomorrow during the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed 1/6, complete 9/10
Edited to add that I am IS

Last edited:
  • Love
Just got put in the alternate list :(
It sounds like there may be a lot of movement this year, what with so many people interviewing virtually in places they wouldn't have bothered flying to, and so I think you (and others on the alternate list) still have high chances for an A by the end. Keep the faith!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got slapped to the face with that post-II R. Hurts bad, man.

3.3 GPA/sGPA, 516 MCAT, IS

Best of luck to everyone else, and congrats to those who got accepted!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
It sounds like there may be a lot of movement this year, what with so many people interviewing virtually in places they wouldn't have bothered flying to, and so I think you (and others on the alternate list) still have high chances for an A by the end. Keep the faith!

Thank you, I needed to hear that. :)

For those that have been accepted, how long did it take for them to email you the contract to sign?

I am concerned they would admit someone who likes such a sociopathic character

I'm disappointed that they admited someone with your username, since House is known for his lack of compassion towards patients. Also, I don't like that show.
Dude....wtf

• Haha
Does anyone know how to withdraw apps here? Do I need to send an email?

Just interviewed this morning. Was told that my and any remaining interviews are 99% likely to go to waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you, I needed to hear that. :)
I have heard this same thing from some individuals in the program. Supposedly admissions is seeing a whole different group because *everyone* interviews who is offered and *everyone* signs the contract if accepted because there is no deposit.

really? why?
They said we were one of the last groups, with only two weeks remaining of interviews. They have already offered a large amount of seats apparently. And also said that many of us were qualified to have been accepted if we interviewed sooner 'but it's a numbers game' and they had a lot of apps. And even though we will be waiting a while for our final review, we should basically already expect to be waitlisted. (Also, I was complete in July)

Reactions: 1 user
If I still haven’t heard anything from them should I just assume that it’s a silent rejection?

Pre-II R just now. Complete in Sept. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Pre II R just now. Complete 8/6. Good luck everyone!

• Care
I'm just sitting here anxiously waiting for mine to come LOL