2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Browsing last year's thread and it looks RFU used VITA - this year they are sticking with virtual MMIs (thank goodness). Anyone know how many stations and whether it is the traditional 2 min prep, 8 min answer format? I have not found/received any details beyond my interview time.
I am waiting on this information as well, their website says their interviews are held asynchronously, I am not sure what that looks like.
 
I am waiting on this information as well, their website says their interviews are held asynchronously, I am not sure what that looks like.
I have an interview on 9/14 and haven't received this info so don't worry. Honestly, I just want to know how long it is going to be so I know which classes I have to miss. If I don't hear anything by Monday I will reach out to admissions and follow up here.
 
I have an interview on 9/14 and haven't received this info so don't worry. Honestly, I just want to know how long it is going to be so I know which classes I have to miss. If I don't hear anything by Monday I will reach out to admissions and follow up here.
I just received information via email this morning. All day schedule from 9:15am --> 3pm. Interviews only in the morning half of the session
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or if you look at MSAR there is a list of how many instate, out of state, and international applicants that applied, were interviewed, were accepted for each school on their profile.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or if you look at MSAR there is a list of how many instate, out of state, and international applicants that applied, were interviewed, were accepted for each school on their profile.
Msar has how many are usually put on WL and how many are pulled off from it too but some schools do not provide that information (including RFU). And I think the number on accepted is matriculated ones (ones who eventually decided to attend there)
 
If you don't mind me asking, when is your interview? Just trying to figure out whether I should be worried about not receiving the info yet.
Someone else may have responded to this, but I just got the schedule/information today for the 9/14 interview
 
Someone else may have responded to this, but I just got the schedule/information today for the 9/14 interview
Do we know what the format for the MMI portion is? I have received all my info as well but nothing says whether they are sticking to normal MMI timing or not.
 
Anybody who has interviewed get that email today about the symposium on Sept. 23rd? Any idea whether attendance is going to have any effect on admissions? I have a flight during it and can rebook but would rather not spend that money if I don’t have to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an interview here this week and just want to say:
DO NOT STRESS OUT. This is absolutely the nicest place I have ever been to and could not be more impressed with the school and their community! I only wish I could have gone in person.
Good luck everyone!
 
The superhero prompt is such BS that they're putting us through. I'm not trying to be a comic book writer, I'm trying to be a damn doctor.
It is a soft ball question "the racist reformer" will fight injustice wherever it may exist thus saving all of humanity or "climate change chameleon" will change back the adverse impacts of pollution through tireless mentoring of youth across the globe, they are looking for something trendy and woke
 
It is a soft ball question "the racist reformer" will fight injustice wherever it may exist thus saving all of humanity or "climate change chameleon" will change back the adverse impacts of pollution through tireless mentoring of youth across the globe, they are looking for something trendy and woke
I disagree. I didn’t do anything “trendy” or “woke” and I interviewed here a few weeks ago. “Trendy” is almost never the answer when trying to differentiate yourself from 10000 other applicants. Obviously YMMV but those are my two cents.
 
It is a soft ball question "the racist reformer" will fight injustice wherever it may exist thus saving all of humanity or "climate change chameleon" will change back the adverse impacts of pollution through tireless mentoring of youth across the globe, they are looking for something trendy and woke
I don't think this is true. It's a fun question so they want a fun response. I wrote a funny one and I got an interview here
 
Do y'all think it's too late to submit the secondary? I added this school to my list last minute and received a secondary late. After reading some previous posts about being rejected without a review, I'm a little hesitant to drop $125.
 
Do y'all think it's too late to submit the secondary? I added this school to my list last minute and received a secondary late. After reading some previous posts about being rejected without a review, I'm a little hesitant to drop $125.
If you applied to many schools and have decent stats then no. If not and don't want to live with regrets then you should apply
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what time the interview will conclude if it starts at 9:15?
It’s a whole day event and will end at 3:00pm.
You’ll get the interview day agenda a few days prior.

Edit: I would recommend having good breakfast and some snacks nearby for a quick bite because my interview day didn’t have long breaks. Good luck!