2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on the first day (9/10)

Luckily I have an A elsewhere so I'm gonna be a doc regardless, Geisel ain't gonna know what they're missing 😎
Thanks for the extra info, future doctor!! Thanks to siberianiris and Ilikethebeemovie as well. I know it’s tough to share post-II Rs and they get seriously underreported
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m so sorry! I hope you find success at other schools 🙂 Can I ask why you felt bad about your interview?
Just didn't jive with the interviewer. There were no individual bad moments but I came out of it feeling like nothing I said clicked with what she was interested in talking about or hearing from me. I could tell she didn't think I was a good fit.
 
Just didn't jive with the interviewer. There were no individual bad moments but I came out of it feeling like nothing I said clicked with what she was interested in talking about or hearing from me. I could tell she didn't think I was a good fit.
Hey, I'm sorry you had this experience. I am still waiting to hear back from my interview here, but I had a very, very similar interview it sounds like. Wonder if we got the same person!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea, we were told during the interview that few people hear back 2-3 weeks after interview. The rest hear back in march with waitlist or rejection
So no acceptances are sent out in March for those that interviewed earlier in the cycle? It’s just waitlist of rejection?
 
On my interview day, we were simply told that most people may not hear back until closer to March, and not to worry about it. There was no mention that decisions in March are all waitlists or rejections.
Damn kinda nervous because the FB group already has around 220 members and they usually accept 270, so i’m not sure how full their class is
 
On my interview day, we were simply told that most people may not hear back until closer to March, and not to worry about it. There was no mention that decisions in March are all waitlists or rejections.
According to last year's thread, a few people were accepted in late February who had interviewed that previous October or November (only 2-3 of these). All the acceptances from March onwards seemed to come from people who interviewed 2-3 weeks earlier. There was a big rush of waitlists for fall interviewees in early March. I didn't see any post-II Rs from March onwards last year unless I sped past them.
 
According to last year's thread, a few people were accepted in late February who had interviewed that previous October or November (only 2-3 of these). All the acceptances from March onwards seemed to come from people who interviewed 2-3 weeks earlier. There was a big rush of waitlists for fall interviewees in early March. I didn't see any post-II Rs from March onwards last year unless I sped past them.
Damn so I’m guessing if you’ve not heard back after 2-3 weeks after your interview yet, it’s probably going to be WL or R.
 
Damn so I’m guessing if you’ve not heard back after 2-3 weeks after your interview yet, it’s probably going to be WL or R.
Not sure - we haven't had a late February wave of acceptances yet and that's when the few fall interviewees from last year were accepted. I'd hang on and see what happens this week or even the first week of March
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure - we haven't had a late February wave of acceptances yet and that's when the few fall interviewees from last year were accepted. I'd hang on and see what happens this week or even the first week of March
Ok this is quite subjective, but I was accepted a week or two ago and spoke with a MS1 this week who commented that my acceptance was "on the early side" and made it sound like the class is not usually filled by this point in the cycle..... again, very subjective and n=1, so take it with a big grain of salt.... but since we spend a lot of time speculating on here anyways I figured I would throw that into the mix in case it might help anyone feel a bit better.
 
Ok this is quite subjective, but I was accepted a week or two ago and spoke with a MS1 this week who commented that my acceptance was "on the early side" and made it sound like the class is not usually filled by this point in the cycle..... again, very subjective and n=1, so take it with a big grain of salt.... but since we spend a lot of time speculating on here anyways I figured I would throw that into the mix in case it might help anyone feel a bit better.
Thank you haha that does make me feel a bit better 🙂