2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Their interview days are on Thursdays only I think

It's Thursday today my dude :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
no but i'm thinking some of us will hear back tomorrow since that seems like the trend! best of luck to everyone!!
Don’t get your hopes up! Interviewed 11/7 and I haven’t heard a peep yet

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, complete mid-Sep. Good luck to those still in the running! :)

• Care
Finally got that pre-II R! Complete 8/24

• Care
Post-II R! Interviewed 10/15, best of luck to y'all still in the pot!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Post II R as well, interviewed 12/10. Definitely did not feel great about the interview so not exactly a surprise. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Post II R, felt really bad about the interview so not shocked at all

Best of luck to y'all

• Care
Post II R as well, interviewed 12/10. Definitely did not feel great about the interview so not exactly a surprise. Good luck to everyone!
I’m so sorry! I hope you find success at other schools :) Can I ask why you felt bad about your interview?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you have multiple acceptances other places :)

When was your II?
I interviewed on the first day (9/10)

Luckily I have an A elsewhere so I'm gonna be a doc regardless, Geisel ain't gonna know what they're missing :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the first day (9/10)

Luckily I have an A elsewhere so I'm gonna be a doc regardless, Geisel ain't gonna know what they're missing :cool:
Thanks for the extra info, future doctor!! Thanks to siberianiris and Ilikethebeemovie as well. I know it’s tough to share post-II Rs and they get seriously underreported

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
pre-II R yesterday - had to mourn this one! 😥

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I’m so sorry! I hope you find success at other schools :) Can I ask why you felt bad about your interview?
Just didn't jive with the interviewer. There were no individual bad moments but I came out of it feeling like nothing I said clicked with what she was interested in talking about or hearing from me. I could tell she didn't think I was a good fit.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hey just curious for those who have interviewed before, is the Geisel Conversations/pre interview more casual/were people dressed up?

dartmouth MD/PhD R today... :/

Still vouched to be considered for the MD-only program though!

Just didn't jive with the interviewer. There were no individual bad moments but I came out of it feeling like nothing I said clicked with what she was interested in talking about or hearing from me. I could tell she didn't think I was a good fit.
Hey, I'm sorry you had this experience. I am still waiting to hear back from my interview here, but I had a very, very similar interview it sounds like. Wonder if we got the same person!

How are the my fellow 2020 interviewees who survived that post-II R wave feeling?
Anyone have insight on when we should get decisions? Do we think they’re done with post-II Rs for 2020 interviewees and the rest of us are getting As (!!!!!!!) or WLs?

• Haha
Anyone who interviewed around 1/28 hear back yet?

Anyone else complete in August and still haven’t heard anything?

Reactions: 3 users
For current students, is it hard to find housing around the area? What do the options look like?

Anyone know how much weight they put on the group exercise thing bc I felt rly bad about my performance there lol :(

Anyone know how much weight they put on the group exercise thing bc I felt rly bad about my performance there lol :(
I don't, but I can tell you my group ran out of time and I was admitted. My guess is the main objective was to show you can cooperate with others and work well within a team, as opposed to starting fights and shouting over other people.

• Care
I interviewed back in October and have heard nothing since. Idk what to make of this. Anyone else in the same boat?

edit: just checked and I interviewed back in SEPTEMBER. Haha omg been so long I forgot

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed back in October and have heard nothing since. Idk what to make of this. Anyone else in the same boat?

edit: just checked and I interviewed back in SEPTEMBER. Haha omg been so long I forgot
Same! It feels like so long ago

From previous Geisel threads it seems like people who hear in March are mostly waitlisted. Is this true?

From previous Geisel threads it seems like people who hear in March are mostly waitlisted. Is this true?
Yea, we were told during the interview that few people hear back 2-3 weeks after interview. The rest hear back in march with waitlist or rejection

Yea, we were told during the interview that few people hear back 2-3 weeks after interview. The rest hear back in march with waitlist or rejection
So no acceptances are sent out in March for those that interviewed earlier in the cycle? It’s just waitlist of rejection?

On my interview day, we were simply told that most people may not hear back until closer to March, and not to worry about it. There was no mention that decisions in March are all waitlists or rejections.

Reactions: 8 users
On my interview day, we were simply told that most people may not hear back until closer to March, and not to worry about it. There was no mention that decisions in March are all waitlists or rejections.
Damn kinda nervous because the FB group already has around 220 members and they usually accept 270, so i’m not sure how full their class is

According to last year's thread, a few people were accepted in late February who had interviewed that previous October or November (only 2-3 of these). All the acceptances from March onwards seemed to come from people who interviewed 2-3 weeks earlier. There was a big rush of waitlists for fall interviewees in early March. I didn't see any post-II Rs from March onwards last year unless I sped past them.

According to last year's thread, a few people were accepted in late February who had interviewed that previous October or November (only 2-3 of these). All the acceptances from March onwards seemed to come from people who interviewed 2-3 weeks earlier. There was a big rush of waitlists for fall interviewees in early March. I didn't see any post-II Rs from March onwards last year unless I sped past them.
Damn so I’m guessing if you’ve not heard back after 2-3 weeks after your interview yet, it’s probably going to be WL or R.

Damn so I’m guessing if you’ve not heard back after 2-3 weeks after your interview yet, it’s probably going to be WL or R.
Not sure - we haven't had a late February wave of acceptances yet and that's when the few fall interviewees from last year were accepted. I'd hang on and see what happens this week or even the first week of March

Not sure - we haven't had a late February wave of acceptances yet and that's when the few fall interviewees from last year were accepted. I'd hang on and see what happens this week or even the first week of March
Ok this is quite subjective, but I was accepted a week or two ago and spoke with a MS1 this week who commented that my acceptance was "on the early side" and made it sound like the class is not usually filled by this point in the cycle..... again, very subjective and n=1, so take it with a big grain of salt.... but since we spend a lot of time speculating on here anyways I figured I would throw that into the mix in case it might help anyone feel a bit better.

Reactions: 5 users
Damn kinda nervous because the FB group already has around 220 members and they usually accept 270, so i’m not sure how full their class is
I would caution against using FB group numbers to gauge class completeness. Most of these FB groups are full of MS2, MS3, and MS4 members who want to welcome and give advice to admitted students.

Reactions: 5 users
Ok this is quite subjective, but I was accepted a week or two ago and spoke with a MS1 this week who commented that my acceptance was "on the early side" and made it sound like the class is not usually filled by this point in the cycle..... again, very subjective and n=1, so take it with a big grain of salt.... but since we spend a lot of time speculating on here anyways I figured I would throw that into the mix in case it might help anyone feel a bit better.
Thank you haha that does make me feel a bit better :)