2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The earliest date I could sign up for the Q&A was November 12th. All previous dates listed would give me an error message.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten information about what time/how long the Q&A will be? They said they would send more info a week before the event but I need to submit for time off at work

Members don't see this ad :)
placed on an Alternate List earlier today. group interview 9-3, no SJT, 505, 3.7.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone that completed on or near August 5 that has received an II or still waiting to hear back?

Anyone not hear yet from 8/26 or 8/27 group? I thought they said 2 weeks lol?

Anyone not hear yet from 8/26 or 8/27 group? I thought they said 2 weeks lol?
I was listed as "complete" by DMU on 8/26, verified by AACOMAS on 8/24. Haven't heard anything since as I'm guessing still under review. Are you asking about II's or about being listed as "complete" by DMU? The original email also said it could take 3 weeks to be listed as "complete" after they get your app from AACOMAS.

I was listed as "complete" by DMU on 8/26, verified by AACOMAS on 8/24. Haven't heard anything since as I'm guessing still under review. Are you asking about II's or about being listed as "complete" by DMU? The original email also said it could take 3 weeks to be listed as "complete" after they get your app from AACOMAS.
No, I'm talking about the groups that interviewed on these dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an "additional details" email regarding the group zoom session or should we just show up?

Did anyone receive an "additional details" email regarding the group zoom session or should we just show up?
I think applicants just show up? details you may find helpful: your role is to introduce yourself (name, where you're from, where you completed your undergrad at, fun fact about yourself) and ask questions (faculty member + current students). I don't know if not asking questions would hurt you.

Just finished SJT! Hopefully this will help🧘‍♀️

Attended the info session yesterday, and I wanted to say everyone was so eloquent and friendly. Hope to see you all as future peers at DMU! Good luck this application cycle :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Attended info session this week. Anxiously awaiting an admissions decision! What do you think the chances are that we hear next week instead of two weeks?

Attended the info session yesterday, and I wanted to say everyone was so eloquent and friendly. Hope to see you all as future peers at DMU! Good luck this application cycle :)
Attended info session this week. Anxiously awaiting an admissions decision! What do you think the chances are that we hear next week instead of two weeks?
Would you both recommend to have a set of questions prepared in advance?

I couldn't even figure out the raise hand function on zoom; didn't get to ask any questions and was accepted. Bring questions if you genuinely have questions. Good luck!

I certainly would, it shows not only demonstrated interest but really gives you the chance to get to know the current students and their insight without physically visiting the campus. You'll be great either way!

Hello, I am little late to the party on submitting, but I submitted 9/12. I got an email from DMU saying I have all my items in, but I wanted to ask how long did it take everyone to receive an interview? I wanted to call to check in on my application since spots are filling up, but I was not sure when the appropriate time would be. Thanks! :)

Hello, I am little late to the party on submitting, but I submitted 9/12. I got an email from DMU saying I have all my items in, but I wanted to ask how long did it take everyone to receive an interview? I wanted to call to check in on my application since spots are filling up, but I was not sure when the appropriate time would be. Thanks! :)
If you didn’t receive an interview within the 1st hour of secondary submission then you are rejected

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
For people that had the group interview on September 10th, are we expecting a decision today?

At least that's what I thought I understand by what was said

For people that had the group interview on September 10th, are we expecting a decision today?

I had my group interview on the 2nd and they told us to expect to hear on the 13th. That didn't happen so I reached out and they told me that I would hear this week because they are behind. Just thought id share

I had my group interview on the 2nd and they told us to expect to hear on the 13th. That didn't happen so I reached out and they told me that I would hear this week because they are behind. Just thought id share
Thank you! guess im not gonna hold my breath lol

I had mine on August 26th and still haven't heard back 🤷‍♂️

Accepted this morning! Group session 9/3

So it looks like we could hear either between 1.5 weeks after our interview to 3.5? This waiting is not fun!

Applied the past 2 years. IS applicant and received an interview both times but was left out. U of Iowa gave feedback on previous applications stating improve MCAT and primary care experience. Improved MCAT by 7 points and some valuable experience with a close family doctor. Wasn’t offered an interview this cycle. Understandable. Competitiveness changes every year. What I don’t understand is their unwillingness to give back personal feedback. Im about to send out more secondaries but if there is a glaring issue in my app, I just want to know so I don’t waste hundreds of dollars I don’t have. We spend over $100 on each school so they can adequately review the years of time and effort we have spent. A few extra minutes to jot down a couple bullet points on areas for improvement is all I ask.
Ranting. I know. Not to take away from all of you who did gain acceptance. You deserved it and I congratulate you. Just letting those know who didn’t get in, you aren’t alone. You’ll get it, don’t fret.
Just apply to more schools and you got it!

I was complete back at the end of July and still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming I've been passed up, but surprised I haven't received an R yet. Is it worth emailing admissions? 514, 3.6, OOS