2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete back at the end of July and still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming I've been passed up, but surprised I haven't received an R yet. Is it worth emailing admissions? 514, 3.6, OOS
I wouldn’t. have patience :)

Members don't see this ad.

What does the group interview entail? Do I only need to come prepared with questions to ask?

Group session 9/9, acceptance 9/21. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! Took SJT, LM: 67

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What does the group interview entail? Do I only need to come prepared with questions to ask?
Some people earlier said you don't have to ask questions, so I wouldn't force it. If you have something you really want to ask, then come prepared with that!

Got the email for a hold. Happy it's not a flat out R but was really hoping for an II as DMU is my top choice. Could anyone give an insight on the chances of someone with a hold still getting an II (and even an A)? Not ready to be out just yet!!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the email for a hold. Happy it's not a flat out R but was really hoping for an II as DMU is my top choice. Could anyone give an insight on the chances of someone with a hold still getting an II (and even an A)? Not ready to be out just yet!!

At least you’re not out of the running, still a chance! Can I ask how long ago you got that email? When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?

At least you’re not out of the running, still a chance! Can I ask how long ago you got that email? When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?
I got the email yesterday. Can't remember when I was complete but it was fairly early in the cycle. Had been silent for awhile.

Some people earlier said you don't have to ask questions, so I wouldn't force it. If you have something you really want to ask, then come prepared with that!
This. General consensus is the app process is subtractive. the schools are looking for a reason to reject you not to accept you. So don't force questions please.

asking for my friend: When are accepted students supposed to pay the fee to reserve the seat? She said it's not in the admission portal thingy

asking for my friend: When are accepted students supposed to pay the fee to reserve the seat? She said it's not in the admission portal thingy
It is in the portal. Click "view" under the "application account". Then choose the "Supplemental Items & Documents" tab. Scroll to the bottom and it shows the requirements checklist including a $750 deposit due by 12/13 and another $750 due by 4/30.

Anyone know if, historically, there's movement off of the pre-II hold list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all. I recently submitted my AACOMAS to DMU.

I received a 5 on the SJT, or 55th percentile. Should I submit this score to DMU? Admissions says they are considering the scores if they receive them, but I don't want to send in a score that will ultimately hurt me.

Hello all. I recently submitted my AACOMAS to DMU.

I received a 5 on the SJT, or 55th percentile. Should I submit this score to DMU? Admissions says they are considering the scores if they receive them, but I don't want to send in a score that will ultimately hurt me.
I got a 1 and got accepted. YMMV

What is the earliest group interview y'all got? I completed my Kira 09/25 and today the earliest group invite date I can select is Dec. 16th.

Congrats people!! When we’re y’all complete?

Just got accepted!!

edit: group session 8/27

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also accepted today!! Was in the 9/16-9/17 group. Good luck to everyone at every stage 🙂

Also accepted today!! Was in the 9/16-9/17 group. Good luck to everyone at every stage 🙂
Wow, congrats! I was also in that cohort and anxiously waiting to hear back! However, if they are going alphabetically, it may take a hot moment before I hear back. Anyways, congrats!! You got into medical school!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also accepted yesterday from the 9/17 group session. First acceptance so far and could not be more excited!

• Love
IS. MCAT 512, cGPA 3.85, sGPA 3.68. File placed on hold (no interview) 😭 Honestly heartbroken because this was my first choice DO school. The only thing I can think of that punted my application is my SJT score was 4 (35th percentile).

Anyone completed on or near August 5 that has gotten an II, Pre-II Rejection, or still waiting?

Hello everyone! Does this school require the sjt? Thank you!

Accepted!!!!! IS, 510 MCAT!!!! 9/24 group interview!!! ECSTATIC!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! received the text at 11:30 AM CST. Group interview 9/16. OOS. 505 MCAT. 3.9 GPA

Reactions: 2 users