2021-2022 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has EVMS started sending out II yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think so. And they haven’t seemed to send out a lot of Rs either

Reactions: 1 user
I'm IS was complete on 8/11 and just received an R. I'm literally so confused I don't understand how they could have possibly reviewed my application in that time despite saying they did.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IS was complete on 8/11 and just received an R. I'm literally so confused I don't understand how they could have possibly reviewed my application in that time despite saying they did.
Did you receive the R post secondary?

same thing happened to me as well. only 5 day span between submission and rejection. keep your head up! everyone receives rejections.

So is it a good sign if we have been complete for a while and no R? Or do they go through IS first?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a Pre II R. I completed the secondary on Tuesday and got denied on Friday. It seems pretty fast?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if it’s an algo?

I can’t seem to check my status so I don’t know if I’ve been rejected

I wonder if it’s an algo?

I can’t seem to check my status so I don’t know if I’ve been rejected
If you haven't received an email, you haven't been rejected. EVMS has been handing out R's without reservation so until IIs start, no news is good news as far as EVMS is concerned.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got a Pre II R. I completed the secondary on Tuesday and got denied on Friday. It seems pretty fast?
I wonder if its due to CASPER scores? I received 1st quartile and they did not have those scores before sending me the secondary

I wonder if its due to CASPER scores? I received 1st quartile and they did not have those scores before sending me the secondary
? EVMS doesn’t take or ask for Casper scores. I think you’re mixing up schools.

The silence from this school is next level 😆

Reactions: 6 users
Is this the hardest part, just waiting, waiting waiting? I'm obsessively checking several times a day and it's only August, Long way to go, huh

Reactions: 1 users
Is this the hardest part, just waiting, waiting waiting? I'm obsessively checking several times a day and it's only August, Long way to go, huh
Yes-
Check emails & spam daily and portals weekly.
Go about your life.
Live long and prosper.

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? Would like to know if I got the R or not lol

Got verified end of July

II received just now! IS! 52X MCAT, 3.9X sGPA and cGPA. URM. Ecstatic!

Reactions: 4 users
Also of note:

1) Interviews are virtual and only held on Wednesdays and Fridays.

2) You have to call to schedule your interview and are given on first come first serve basis.

3) They do not reschedule interviews so choose your date wisely and really have nothing else going on.

Just got OOS II !! Ties to the state, URM

Last edited:
The weirdest thing just happened. I got a rejection email from EVMS just to get a II today! I don’t know what happened but I will take it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
This cycle is causing me to slowly lose my mind lol. The waiting is killing me. I'm not one to get anxious but, my anxiety is at an all time high right now. I just want to hear back from one school at this point.

Anyone else complete in early July and not get a II? Pretty bummed :cryi:

Reactions: 5 users
got II today. Secondary complete 8/3. I am OOS, URM, GPA 3.61, MCAT 512
really excited about this school

• Love
Is no II definitely a rejection? Just want to know if I should hold out hope

+1 to whoever said this cycle is causing them to lose their mind. Constantly checking my email and school portals, and not hearing anything, is negatively affecting my mental health. Especially as I see other people get II’s at every school I applied to.

I just want to be a doctor, man.

No updates, complete 7/18.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
+1 to whoever said this cycle is causing them to lose their mind. Constantly checking my email and school portals, and not hearing anything, is negatively affecting my mental health. Especially as I see other people get II’s at every school I applied to.

I just want to be a doctor, man.

No updates, complete 7/18.
Feels bad bruh. Similar stats, complete early. I need to GTFO SDN.

Also of note:

1) Interviews are virtual and only held on Wednesdays and Fridays.

2) You have to call to schedule your interview and are given on first come first serve basis.

3) They do not reschedule interviews so choose your date wisely and really have nothing else going on.
also of note: Interviews are done by 2 faculty and an EVMS student