-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1076108
Can someone forward me the acceptance email so I can feel something?
11/15, PM session.when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
11/15 interview, just got the A! Excited!! OOS
Anyone who interviewed AFTER 11/15 hear back?
VJNewtownB35777
Full Member
interviewed 11/15, just got the acceptance!!!!!
(In state, ORM)
(In state, ORM)
sadstudent
New Member
Deffered. Currently in a master's program where my first term transcript includes an A- in histology and a B+ in anatomy. I would send it in an update letter. Do you think this would hurt or help my application? 507 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, in-state
Any advice is greatly appreaciated!
Any advice is greatly appreaciated!
VJNewtownB35777
Full Member
imho, I don't think it will hurt much at all, because with the A- and B+ it might bring your overall gpa down by like .0X which is not really a significant change. have you considered retaking the mcat tho? that (at first glance) seems like that could be a potential limiting factorDeffered. Currently in a master's program where my first term transcript includes an A- in histology and a B+ in anatomy. Do you think this would hurt or help my application? 507 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, in-state
Any advice is greatly appreaciated!
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
I hope this post provides hope to people who are deferred: I interviewed back in September, and was placed for deferral about a month later. I was pretty crushed by this, so I sent a detailed update letter to the school detailing my experiences and fit, and today I just received the email for acceptance! I honestly thought I was done for until the spring, but I guess this signals that the deferral pool will start moving forward!
brainperson1
Full Member
Just got the A - interviewed on Nov 1st, AM.
smilespeace1234
New Member
Did decisions go out today for their Dec committee meeting?
Interviewed in November, OOS and just got the A! So excited, love their curriculum!
Shiv_0125
New Member
Interviewed in November, OOS and just got the A! So excited, love their c
What date in November?Interviewed in November, OOS and just got the A! So excited, love their curriculum!
Hi Guys, I withdrew my OOS II. hopefully of you will get it soon. best of luck
hopeful_for_As
New Member
Did anyone else catch the typos in Geisinger's acceptances? They say "see you in August 2021" instead of 2022. Also reflected in some parts of the portal. Not sure if this is just a me issue. Kind of making me think they accepted me by accident. LOL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainperson1
Full Member
Is there an accepted students’ chat?
II today. OOS. complete 10/6.
I believe that was a pretty firm deadline from what I remember from our information session.Did not fill out the FAFSA on Dec 12 due date for the geisinger scholars program. Should this be an issue?
I didn't even get the email until after December 12...I believe that was a pretty firm deadline from what I remember from our information session.
Interview slots (especially this late) being 2-2.5 months out is far from out of the normOnly available interview is March 7th? Is this normal or should I email admission?
Just got hit with the big fat R.
OOS, complete 8/9.
OOS, complete 8/9.
+1R just now. OOS, I forget what the lowest score on SJT was, but whatever it was, I got it. Complete 7/7.
+1 any hope?Deferred pre-interview? Any hope lol
+1 - definitely need to hear some good news right now lol+1 any hope?
+2+1 any hope?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R today LM 69 OOS complete late july
Hello everyone! I hope you all had an amazing new year. Do any of you think people who interviewed mid- to late- November will hear back soon? Like next week?
How is the MMI like? How much time are we allowed for each response? Any ethics scenarios? I am a little nervous because this will be my first MMI.
CircleOfWillis39
Full Member
+1 on this. It's my first MMI as well, and I'm googling a bunch of different guides. Do they use acting/role-playing questions or just ask you to explain in a hypothetical scenario?How is the MMI like? How much time are we allowed for each response? Any ethics scenarios? I am a little nervous because this will be my first MMI.
Would anyone who is a current student here or has interviewed be willing to do a mock interview with me?
Hey, when’s your interview?Would anyone who is a current student here or has interviewed be willing to do a mock interview with me?
It's in MarchHey, when’s your interview?
I can help you practice! Message me sometime in February!It's in March
I'm hoping so too! Got "Deferred" in November and interviewed October. Sent in a Letter of Intent with Updates so I am hoping they take me!Do we think people who interviewed in late November will hear back on the 14th or 17th? 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Countrychkn
Full Member
Withdrawing my application today and freeing up my late January interview spot. Hope one of you guys get it!!! Good luck!
do you know what time decisions usually come out?Fingers crossed that late Nov/early Dec interview decisions happen today. The waiting is killing me!
I think they tend to come out on Tuesdays rather than Fridays, so I was assuming we might hear on the 18thFingers crossed that late Nov/early Dec interview decisions happen today. The waiting is killing me!
it might even come out on the week of the 24th. AHHHHHHI think they tend to come out on Tuesdays rather than Fridays, so I was assuming we might hear on the 18th