You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
0707070707kf
New Member
A +1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
deferred - interviewed 11/22/21. Do any of you know the post deferral acceptance rate?
Just got the A as well. The personalized letter was a nice touch. Will be deferring my acceptance, good luck to those waiting
orangeastronaut
New Member
A +1! Interviewed 11/22
I was deferred on October 15th and was just accepted this morning. It's definitely possible!Does anyone have a lovely story of a post deferral acceptance? I need something to keep my spirits up.
sadstudent
New Member
I was deferred in December and I was also just accepted!!! Stay hopeful!I was deferred on October 15th and was just accepted this morning. It's definitely possible!
October interview deferred in November and got the A today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sadstudent
New Member
Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted students?
For those who got deferred accepted, were you accepted after sending in updates or letters of intent/interest? or just accepted
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
About a month after an update/letter of interest for meFor those who got deferred accepted, were you accepted after sending in updates or letters of intent/interest? or just accepted
For anyone that's ever been on an adcom before, or may have some secondhand information, is a deferral like this indicative of simply running out of time during the meeting and not being able to give every applicant the same time? Or is this indicative of a deadlock when voting?
Do people get rejected post-II at Geisinger? Ive only seen deferred and acceptated so far.
ilovetacos21
Full Member
For those who interviewed for the Abigail Geisinger Program, do you have any idea when we are going to hear back?
medapp9897
Full Member
Anyone with pre II hold receive an interview invite or rejection yet? Was placed on hold back in October...
I would also like to know this. I've already sent my updates and now I'm waiting. I'm feeling this is going to be an R tbhAnyone with pre II hold receive an interview invite or rejection yet? Was placed on hold back in October...
I heard back about a week after my interviewFor those who interviewed for the Abigail Geisinger Program, do you have any idea when we are going to hear back?
I recall them saying 2-3 weeks at the latestFor those who interviewed for the Abigail Geisinger Program, do you have any idea when we are going to hear back?
ThePremedGuy
Full Member
Are there any current students in this thread that would be willing to answer a few questions?🤔🙂
I had my info session from 12-1pm and then my interview from 3-3:30pm. I don't remember much about that day tbh, but I think people probably had various time slots for the interview sessions and mine just happened to be 3pm.Anyone who attended one of the Abigail Geisinger Scholars interviews able to speak to what the schedule is like? Got invited for one and was hoping to clear schedule at work in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ditto! I would like to know if we have any hope at this point 😢I would also like to know this. I've already sent my updates and now I'm waiting. I'm feeling this is going to be an R tbh
I had my info session from 12-1pm and then my interview from 3-3:30pm. I don't remember much about that day tbh, but I think people probably had various time slots for the interview sessions and mine just happened to be 3pm.
Gotcha, appreciate it! Was told that would get more details but was wondering if it was a straight interview or that and an info session
Sure no problem. I'm not sure when your interview is, but I got the agenda about 2 weeks in advance. (Then received my result about a week after the interview). Best of luck!Gotcha, appreciate it! Was told that would get more details but was wondering if it was a straight interview or that and an info session
did they call or email?Sure no problem. I'm not sure when your interview is, but I got the agenda about 2 weeks in advance. (Then received my result about a week after the interview). Best of luck!
did they call or email?
+1. Pre-II hold on 01/03II today
neverhaveiever28
Full Member
Is Geisinger's learning style lecture-based or PBL?
siloaddict
Full Member
what dates?II today
It is more PBL. They just updated their curriculum and said that they will give lecture recordings for the week ahead of time, and give the Monday before the week off to listen to them, and then the "classes" during the week will be active learning activities to reinforce concepts. Personally, that is a far better use of "in-person" time. They did assure us they will make sure that the volume of lecture content is more than manageable so we aren't overloaded.Is Geisinger's learning style lecture-based or PBL?
II received after being on hold for awhile. Going to withdraw my app, hope the II goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!!!!!!
Chillestial
New Member
II today. OOS. Only saw a day in March available.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed that same day, got a decision email and portal change on 1/17Has anyone on 12/6 received a decision of any kind yet? I see nothing in my portal, but did anyone receive a letter in the mail?
Dang. Well I guess I'm late on this, but got an R through a letter in the mail. Nothing's changed in my portal thoughI interviewed that same day, got a decision email and portal change on 1/17
March 14thwhat dates?
ThePremedGuy
Full Member
Anyone know if there's an accepted students facebook page?
Does anyone know how the recruitment day works? Do they send a zoom link the day of ? Much thanks in advance!