You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dreaming_doctor
Full Member
I'm with ya 🙁Looks like I missed the first few waves of II's ):
same:/I'm with ya 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
siloaddict
Full Member
Hi all! For those who were interviewed, what was the first date? 10/11 seems to be the first day and none left in September.
Also, first interview! 🙂 (Also no SJT results)
Also, first interview! 🙂 (Also no SJT results)
I believe 9/10 was the first offered, I got 9/15.Hi all! For those who were interviewed, what was the first date? 10/11 seems to be the first day and none left in September.
Also, first interview! 🙂 (Also no SJT results)
Greentreesblackdog
New Member
For those with an II, did you check "yes" for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program?
P.S. Congrats on your IIs, what an accomplishment 😀
P.S. Congrats on your IIs, what an accomplishment 😀
I did not, I did however in my essays express my interest in primary care medicine. I just didn't like the idea of being locked into a place after residency.For those with an II, did you check "yes" for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program?
P.S. Congrats on your IIs, what an accomplishment 😀
did they email you or was it on your portal?Pre-II R this morning. 💔
siloaddict
Full Member
How many interviews per week do you remember?I believe 9/10 was the first offered, I got 9/15.
siloaddict
Full Member
Thank you so much! This is my first II and I'm in utter shock. And yes, I did check ABSP. It was a last minute decision too.For those with an II, did you check "yes" for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program?
P.S. Congrats on your IIs, what an accomplishment 😀
D
deleted1076108
II earlier, IS, LM 69, Complete 7/15, ORM, AGSP applicant, earliest date was October 11th (AM and PM sessions).
I interviewed here last year and really grew to love the program and faculty. I think the MMI format this year might be a response to some of the difficulties they faced last year, but that shows how receptive they are to feedback. Good luck, everyone.
I interviewed here last year and really grew to love the program and faculty. I think the MMI format this year might be a response to some of the difficulties they faced last year, but that shows how receptive they are to feedback. Good luck, everyone.
Last edited by a moderator:
II this morning! IS applicant, no Interview date until October 11th :/ but still super happy! Maybe I'll see some of you guys around on Zoom that day! Cheers.
Edit: ASGP applicant, no SJT at all. Is it even worth taking SJT if you got an II?
Edit: ASGP applicant, no SJT at all. Is it even worth taking SJT if you got an II?
Last edited:
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
No II for me from any MD schools yet. I have one II for a DO school. Trying to stay positive. Congrats to all those who received a II!
You're good bro! It's only August, schools are only now starting to and they will keep sending them until the spring so don't sweat it. Especially don't compare yourself to othersNo II for me from any MD schools yet. I have one II for a DO school. Trying to stay positive. Congrats to all those who received a II!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
Thank you, I appreciate your response.You're good bro! It's only August, schools are only now starting to and they will keep sending them until the spring so don't sweat it. Especially don't compare yourself to others
Stemsisters
Full Member
How do you know you were rejected?Pre-II R this morning. 💔
Stemsisters
Full Member
Has anyone received a rejection?
D
deleted1091661
II received via email! Stats in signature, applied for Geisinger scholars program, complete 7/13!
edit: Also, I did not take the SJT!
edit: Also, I did not take the SJT!
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1091661
I took that interview too! Want to make a GC for people interviewing at geisinger on that date maybe?II this morning! IS applicant, no Interview date until October 11th :/ but still super happy! Maybe I'll see some of you guys around on Zoom that day! Cheers.
Edit: ASGP applicant, no SJT at all. Is it even worth taking SJT if you got an II?
sundaycoffee
New Member
Is anyone planning on going to one of the in-person recruitment days?
D
deleted1091661
Nope, but I may attend the virtual oneIs anyone planning on going to one of the in-person recruitment days?
II this morning!! IS, Lizzy M 69, ORM, complete 07/29! Interview date on 10/11!
I really want to! I cant make the September date, so the only available one is the one after my interview (10/17)Is anyone planning on going to one of the in-person recruitment days?
siloaddict
Full Member
This might be pretty cool. What would be the purpose of the group chat?I took that interview too! Want to make a GC for people interviewing at geisinger on that date maybe?
D
deleted1091661
Good question. Maybe we can do some practice or smth? Do you have discord?This might be pretty cool. What would be the purpose of the group chat?
II received 8/2! Secondary submitted 7/12. SJT score not yet received. (Sorry, just getting around to this now)!
just received an R from here. IS 509/3.5 complete 7/29. This one stung.
I just submitted my primary here on Friday, so to now say I am not hopeful is an understatementjust received an R from here. IS 509/3.5 complete 7/29. This one stung.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. ISjust received an R from here. IS 509/3.5 complete 7/29. This one stung.
II !! IS LM score 65
Last edited:
Submitted and a week~ later II! Congratulations 🙂Just got the II 😱 was not expecting to hear anything this early. Complete 8/7
Just received my first R for the cycle - OOS; Complete 7/8
congrats! mind sharing stats?Just got the II 😱 was not expecting to hear anything this early. Complete 8/7
Sure! 3.6/515 IS, taking SJT in Septembercongrats! mind sharing stats?
I just received my SJT results (11%) but Geisinger had already offered me an interview (in the first batch) and I think they had seen my score when they offered me the interview. Will this negatively affect my chances, and will I get rejected because of my SJT?
GPA: 3.91, MCAT: 517, CASPER: 3rd Quartile, Great ECs, Good PS
_________________________
1: 42 2: 41 II: 2
R: ? WL: ? A: ?
GPA: 3.91, MCAT: 517, CASPER: 3rd Quartile, Great ECs, Good PS
_________________________
1: 42 2: 41 II: 2
R: ? WL: ? A: ?
Last edited:
Got a 1 on the SJT and I'm not sure if my chances at Geisinger have just been murdered. Wonderful way to start the day.
On their website it says it will be used as part of the admissions process but taking it also isn't mandatory so it probably isn't a giant part of their admissions decision as long as your app shows you have met the pre-professional competencies in other facets.Got a 1 on the SJT and I'm not sure if my chances at Geisinger have just been murdered. Wonderful way to start the day.
II just now! November 1st was the first available date. IS applicant
Congrats!II just now! November 1st was the first available date. IS applicant
....Stats doe??
You got a literal R?Pre-II R this morning. 💔
II, 3.8/507 First II date in early november.
Also, I sent my 20th percentile SJT in like 3-4 days ago and got this II, so I don't think they give a **** about SJT considering I wouldn't rate myself as the strongest applicant. Funny though that my ca$par is 4th percentile
Also, I sent my 20th percentile SJT in like 3-4 days ago and got this II, so I don't think they give a **** about SJT considering I wouldn't rate myself as the strongest applicant. Funny though that my ca$par is 4th percentile
Last edited:
Mind sharing when you were complete?II, 3.8/507 First II date in early november.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8/13Mind sharing when you were complete?
Is the MMI interview format new for this cycle?
D
deleted1113018
How do you see what percentile your SJT is?II, 3.8/507 First II date in early november.
Also, I sent my 20th percentile SJT in like 3-4 days ago and got this II, so I don't think they give a **** about SJT considering I wouldn't rate myself as the strongest applicant. Funny though that my ca$par is 4th percentile
It is!Is the MMI interview format new for this cycle?
Ah okay. Do you guys think they will still have their standard "why us" questions or will it all be strictly MMI? Don't know how I feel about MMI just yet!It is!