You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
theravenkid
New Member
Already have an II here and haven’t taken SJT. If I can’t cancel my test but don’t want to take it anymore, is there any harm in no showing? Would they send geisinger anything or would it just be like I never signed up for it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably not, I highly doubt they send something that you canceled.Already have an II here and haven’t taken SJT. If I can’t cancel my test but don’t want to take it anymore, is there any harm in no showing? Would they send geisinger anything or would it just be like I never signed up for it?
Already have an II here and haven’t taken SJT. If I can’t cancel my test but don’t want to take it anymore, is there any harm in no showing? Would they send geisinger anything or would it just be like I never signed up for it?
I have no idea to what degree SJT may impact consideration post-interview or if it is considered at all. Honestly I'd probably do it anyways as it didn't take long and wasn't particularly stressful. I submitted my application prior to having the SJT score and didn't hear back about an interview until after it had been received.
Pre II R. OOS, ORM. Complete 9/6/21
II!!! So elated, literally one of my top choices!!! Complete Early August.
Countrychkn
Full Member
II! OOS no ties, 3.6 GPA, 515 MCAT, no SJT. Complete 08/21/2021. 🙂 Earliest interview I saw was January.
II 10 minutes ago! OOS with no ties, LM 70.3, 4th quartile CASPer and didn't take AAMC SJT. Complete pretty late too, end of August.
Earliest interview was mid-January for me.
Pretty excited for MMI, I interviewed here a couple years ago and it was just 2 traditional 1-on-1 interviews that I felt did not go well or feel like I could really represent myself as an applicant.
Earliest interview was mid-January for me.
Pretty excited for MMI, I interviewed here a couple years ago and it was just 2 traditional 1-on-1 interviews that I felt did not go well or feel like I could really represent myself as an applicant.
Last edited:
interview deferral? is this a soft R?
KooCie Doctor
Full Member
My SJT was finally submitted months after my exam. What a terrible service. Also, are they already sending invites for January? I couldn't find anything earlier.
Last edited:
Countrychkn
Full Member
Did you go onto the same application portal to set your interview date? Just realized the link they sent with their virtual tour day things asks you to register for a date in mid October. Good luck either way!II 10 minutes ago! OOS with no ties, LM 70.3, 4th quartile CASPer and didn't take AAMC SJT. Complete pretty late too, end of August.
Earliest interview was mid-October for me.
Pretty excited for MMI, I interviewed here a couple years ago and it was just 2 traditional 1-on-1 interviews that I felt did not go well or feel like I could really represent myself as an applicant.
Here with my 8/10 submission and no news whatsoever lol. I'm a lower stats candidate so I wonder if it just means they might revisit it if they haven't already rejected me?
Idk what to think I've just had silence from all my schools so just trying not to go crazy thinking about how my application just got lost in the cyber-abyss 🤣
Idk what to think I've just had silence from all my schools so just trying not to go crazy thinking about how my application just got lost in the cyber-abyss 🤣
i am on the same boatHere with my 8/10 submission and no news whatsoever lol. I'm a lower stats candidate so I wonder if it just means they might revisit it if they haven't already rejected me?
Idk what to think I've just had silence from all my schools so just trying not to go crazy thinking about how my application just got lost in the cyber-abyss 🤣
same. Silence since 7/20 for me.Here with my 8/10 submission and no news whatsoever lol. I'm a lower stats candidate so I wonder if it just means they might revisit it if they haven't already rejected me?
Idk what to think I've just had silence from all my schools so just trying not to go crazy thinking about how my application just got lost in the cyber-abyss 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was mistaken about the mid-October interview dates! That was the virtual tour day I registered for, and the earliest interview date (which I selected) was in the later half of January 2022. Good luck to you as well!!Did you go onto the same application portal to set your interview date? Just realized the link they sent with their virtual tour day things asks you to register for a date in mid October. Good luck either way!
Countrychkn
Full Member
OK I just wanted to make sure you saw the actual interview registration before the slots all filled up in January! We have to look out for each other 🙂I was mistaken about the mid-October interview dates! That was the virtual tour day I registered for, and the earliest interview date (which I selected) was in the later half of January 2022. Good luck to you as well!!
idkwhattocallmyself?
Full Member
II yesterday, earliest date was mid-January.
ORM, MCAT 502, 3.75 cGPA, IS, complete 8/10, took SJT last week.
ORM, MCAT 502, 3.75 cGPA, IS, complete 8/10, took SJT last week.
Thanks homie 🙂 good looking out!OK I just wanted to make sure you saw the actual interview registration before the slots all filled up in January! We have to look out for each other 🙂
Did anyone get the email about the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program this morning? Just curious because I got one and I haven’t submitted my secondary yet, but will be doing so this weekend
I got this email! I submitted my secondary over a month ago but I'm waiting for my MCAT retake score to come in on TuesdayDid anyone get the email about the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program this morning? Just curious because I got one and I haven’t submitted my secondary yet, but will be doing so this weekend
Thanks for your reply! Do you know how Geisinger determines who to send these emails to? Or do they send it to everyone?I got this email! I submitted my secondary over a month ago but I'm waiting for my MCAT retake score to come in on Tuesday
idkwhattocallmyself?
Full Member
I already applied to it on the secondary, so they probably send it to everyone who applies.Thanks for your reply! Do you know how Geisinger determines who to send these emails to? Or do they send it to everyone?
+1 ! Would especially like to know since they changed the format this year to MMI.Has anyone already interviewed here and have any advice? Its my first interview and I'm nervous and don't know how to prepare.
I got one too. But I did not send my secondary in at that point...I wonder who they sent it in too...not sure if it was an email blast through send net or something.I got this email! I submitted my secondary over a month ago but I'm waiting for my MCAT retake score to come in on Tuesday
From 10/14? I got an II like a month ago and could only schedule for 10/22.... weirdII this morning, OOS, no ties. Interview dates: available starting from 10/14, every Thursday.
All interviewee's sign a disclosure that they will not share their knowledge of the interview. Everyone is looking for an edge, but this would both violate the signed agreement and undermine the process. I think you will be reluctant to find anyone willing to take such a risk.+1 ! Would especially like to know since they changed the format this year to MMI.
wait really?? I got my II a month ago and had to schedule it out all the way to December because of a lack of slots. CrazyFrom 10/14? I got an II like a month ago and could only schedule for 10/22.... weird
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!wait really?? I got my II a month ago and had to schedule it out all the way to December because of a lack of slots. Crazy
siloaddict
Full Member
I got my II back in August and that was for the same week of 10/14... WTHwait really?? I got my II a month ago and had to schedule it out all the way to December because of a lack of slots. Crazy
Potentially other people have withdrawn/declined their interview slots, or moved them because of conflicts, and so the closer dates re-opened?I got my II back in August and that was for the same week of 10/14... WTH
Maybe... but it's not October 15 so it's not like people are sitting on As. Hmmm...Potentially other people have withdrawn/declined their interview slots, or moved them because of conflicts, and so the closer dates re-opened?
Some schools just assign you an interview date and don't let you pick, so I could see someone getting a conflicting assignment and having to move their Geisinger interview. Or they got a DO acceptance that they'd rather take. Or, you know, some really strong applicants might have 10+ IIs by now, so they've begun withdrawing/declining interviews.Maybe... but it's not October 15 so it's not like people are sitting on As. Hmmm...
II! OOS, no ties, complete 7/31. Earliest date available was mid-November
Did anyone happen to ask when we would be hearing back approximately? Had my II mid-September
I believe it's 6-8 weeks, if I remember correctly from the information session.Did anyone happen to ask when we would be hearing back approximately? Had my II mid-September
siloaddict
Full Member
For those who were already interviewed, how was the MMI in comparison to other schools?
It was my first MMI, and now that I’ve done a couple others, I really like Geisinger’s format. The platform they use allows you to see your time remaining as you speak, so I was able to wrap up my answers nicely. Other MMIs over zoom I couldn’t keep track as easily and so I would get cut off by the timer at the end of the question.For those who were already interviewed, how was the MMI in comparison to other schools?
How much time do they normally give per question ?It was my first MMI, and now that I’ve done a couple others, I really like Geisinger’s format. The platform they use allows you to see your time remaining as you speak, so I was able to wrap up my answers nicely. Other MMIs over zoom I couldn’t keep track as easily and so I would get cut off by the timer at the end of the question.
How much time do they normally give per question ?It was my first MMI, and now that I’ve done a couple others, I really like Geisinger’s format. The platform they use allows you to see your time remaining as you speak, so I was able to wrap up my answers nicely. Other MMIs over zoom I couldn’t keep track as easily and so I would get cut off by the timer at the end of the question.
R today OOS
Got a defer email, “The Admissions Committee has reviewed your materials and elected to defer an interview decision until a later date.” Does anyone know if it’s common to receive an II after this or is it basically a soft R
D
deleted1058345
Pre II hold. So a soft R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when were you complete?Pre II hold. So a soft R?
D
deleted1058345
7/20when were you complete?
I've never done an MMI so excuse my ignorance. So are the questions just pre-recorded and you are recorded answering them or is it a live individual asking you?It was my first MMI, and now that I’ve done a couple others, I really like Geisinger’s format. The platform they use allows you to see your time remaining as you speak, so I was able to wrap up my answers nicely. Other MMIs over zoom I couldn’t keep track as easily and so I would get cut off by the timer at the end of the question.
I would be happy about this —it means they see something in you that’s special but they still have a little doubt in their judgement so just keep praying if you trust in God —no rejection and a chance for another look is always a plus 💌💌Got a defer email, “The Admissions Committee has reviewed your materials and elected to defer an interview decision until a later date.” Does anyone know if it’s common to receive an II after this or is it basically a soft R
For anyone getting email responses (II, Rs, II deferral) - is your SJT in? It's been radio silence for me (from every school) but since Geisinger seems to be more communicating more with folks, I was wondering whether they're waiting for my SJT to come out in a couple weeks