You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still very early. I'd say a very small percentage of total II's got sent out. Hang tight, the cycle is long!Secondary received, subbed, and confirmed complete on 8/2, but nothing yet, should I be worried? Still early but I can't help but wonder :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email that they are cancelling all on-campus recruitment events due to the recent COVID surge.
Badges_043
New Member
+1Just got an email that they are cancelling all on-campus recruitment events due to the recent COVID surge.
siloaddict
Full Member
+2 🙁
violingirl2
Full Member
Is october 18th the first interview day everyone is seeing now?
D
deleted993132
II. OOS but northeast (not sure if it matters lol). LM 66. Complete 07/21. SJT 7
keeppushing99
Full Member
II received just now! complete 8/4, took sjt, the earliest interview was 11/15
*edit: OOS
*edit: OOS
Last edited:
+1 but I opted not to take the SJT, we'll see how that goes lolII. OOS but northeast (not sure if it matters lol). LM 66. Complete 07/21. SJT 7
I did not take it either and I hope it is really not a big deal. But II received 30 minutes ago!+1 but I opted not to take the SJT, we'll see how that goes lol
Seems like they are sending a LOT of II... Sucks none of the previous post-II acceptance trackers have Geisinger data.
My first II! Nontrad 3.81/511, took CASPER but no score yet, no SJT either. My interview date isn't until December 6. I'm a little worried I'll be interviewing so late.
ps - I didn't even know SJT was a thing until I saw this thread. I tried to register for a test and there are apparently no available testing dates for the rest of the year.
ps - I didn't even know SJT was a thing until I saw this thread. I tried to register for a test and there are apparently no available testing dates for the rest of the year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
siloaddict
Full Member
Ehh I don't think so. Poster above said Dec 6th is first available date, so I think they are just starting this process early. I know my other schools sends II about 2-3 weeks before interview datesSeems like they are sending a LOT of II... Sucks none of the previous post-II acceptance trackers have Geisinger data.
I was more commenting on the sheer number of interviews in the interview tracker.Ehh I don't think so. Poster above said Dec 6th is first available date, so I think they are just starting this process early. I know my other schools sends II about 2-3 weeks before interview dates
Where is the interview tracker?I was more commenting on the sheer number of interviews in the interview tracker.
Did the hyperlinked word "tracker" not work in my last comment? It's also in my signature.Where is the interview tracker?
Oh, no worries! Here is the link that's better to see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmu0CcN7M9Nuqxtb6w7EUiJVX0SX-uj1Ad3uvWQ5VNE/editSorry. Colorblind. The hyperlink is the same color for me.
Oh, no worries! Here is the link that's better to see:
Thank you!
ll this morning but I do not see any available dates on the calendar. Anyone who received ll today was able to schedule?
Yes, I was able to schedule for Dec 6th. I didn't see any other times on the calendar.ll this morning but I do not see any available dates on the calendar. Anyone who received ll today was able to schedule?
I hope this doesn't mean they are out of interview spots. 🙁Yes, I was able to schedule for Dec 6th. I didn't see any other times on the calendar.
I don't think so. I'd just send an email to admissions and explain.I hope this doesn't mean they are out of interview spots. 🙁
Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁
Were these the total offers, or is this the size of the accepted class?Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁
Do you know if there was any favorable sway towards instate versus OOS for post-II acceptances (like Pitt)?Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Class size is 115Were these the total offers, or is this the size of the accepted class?
Received info about my interview, got a Zoom link but then there is an mention of AMP? What’s that?
Software platform that many admissions departments used. You probably filled out several secondaries on an AMP platform. Also a low-energy nucleotide.Received info about my interview, got a Zoom link but then there is an mention of AMP? What’s that?
Graduate and Health Professions Admissions Software
Manage applications, enrollment, documents, and communication in one platform. Built for higher education admissions teams.
www.paperlessadmissions.com
Is anyone able to speak to Geisinger's online coursework policy? They're pretty explicit on their website that no online courses are acceptable, save those taken due to COVID-19. I took online coursework before COVID and am holding out hope they've amended their bias by now.
www.geisinger.edu
"Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)"
Admissions Requirements
View admission requirements for Geisinger Commonwealth’s MD program. Apply today.
I believe that is such for their prerequisites unless they were impacted due to COVID-19. A few other schools I know of have a similar sentiment. Granted all courses count towards your GPA when it comes to the AMCAS application, and I'm pretty certain most institutions do not remove online courses you took from your application just for the sake of recalculating your GPA or to say "hey, your degree doesn't count." That's absurd if you ask me, but has anyone heard of any medical schools doing that?Is anyone able to speak to Geisinger's online coursework policy? They're pretty explicit on their website that no online courses are acceptable, save those taken due to COVID-19. I took online coursework before COVID and am holding out hope they've amended their bias by now.
"Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)"![]()
Admissions Requirements
View admission requirements for Geisinger Commonwealth’s MD program. Apply today.www.geisinger.edu
supbroskiii
Full Member
What were the earliest available dates when you scheduled if you don’t mind me asking.II Received 8/5, Complete 7/28 IS
supbroskiii
Full Member
What was the earliest interview date they offered you if you don’t mind me asking?II received today 8/4!!!
Complete 7/13!!
supbroskiii
Full Member
What was the earliest date available for you?Just received an II: I was complete on 7/6! I also haven't even taken my SJT yet, so I was surprised. OOS.
What were the earliest available dates when you scheduled if you don’t mind me asking.
What was the earliest interview date they offered you if you don’t mind me asking?
You know you can reply to more than one person at once lolWhat was the earliest date available for you?
supbroskiii
Full Member
Wow. Welp I’ll see myself outYou know you can reply to more than one person at once lol
Earliest for me at the time was 9/15. But my friend received her invite much later and they were interviewing into November I think?What were the earliest available dates when you scheduled if you don’t mind me asking.
At the time it was the end of August. I want to say 30/31What was the earliest interview date they offered you if you don’t mind me asking?
Is anyone able to speak to Geisinger's online coursework policy? They're pretty explicit on their website that no online courses are acceptable, save those taken due to COVID-19. I took online coursework before COVID and am holding out hope they've amended their bias by now.
"Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)"![]()
Admissions Requirements
View admission requirements for Geisinger Commonwealth’s MD program. Apply today.www.geisinger.edu
FWIW, I did receive an II to Geisinger and I have online coursework that is pre-COVID. I'm not sure how applicable that is as i'm a non-trad student and was working full-time. Hopefully it isn't just a pleasant oversight on their part.
Exact same situation for me. Mine were fully proctored, regionally accredited courses. So many people were rubber-stamped online with no proctored exams during the COVID months. It seems ridiculous those classes would count but mine would not.FWIW, I did receive an II to Geisinger and I have online coursework that is pre-COVID. I'm not sure how applicable that is as i'm a non-trad student and was working full-time. Hopefully it isn't just a pleasant oversight on their part.
hannmarden
Full Member
Has anyone had an interview with Geisinger yet? I have mine in a few weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the time it was the end of August. I want to say 30/31
when I got an II last week, they only had January dates open so I think they have a system where they interview those they really want before October and then filter the availability of dates by an applicant's state status/scores/ etc.What was the earliest interview date they offered you if you don’t mind me asking?
Pre II R. Good luck to the rest
Sorry to hear that 🙁 when were you complete?Pre II R. Good luck to the rest
beginning of augustSorry to hear that 🙁 when were you complete?