2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are you all preparing for the MMI interview? Mine is in two weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received, subbed, and confirmed complete on 8/2, but nothing yet, should I be worried? Still early but I can't help but wonder :/

Secondary received, subbed, and confirmed complete on 8/2, but nothing yet, should I be worried? Still early but I can't help but wonder :/
Still very early. I'd say a very small percentage of total II's got sent out. Hang tight, the cycle is long!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email that they are cancelling all on-campus recruitment events due to the recent COVID surge.

Reactions: 1 users
Is october 18th the first interview day everyone is seeing now?

Reactions: 1 user
II. OOS but northeast (not sure if it matters lol). LM 66. Complete 07/21. SJT 7

II received just now! complete 8/4, took sjt, the earliest interview was 11/15

*edit: OOS

Last edited:
+1 but I opted not to take the SJT, we'll see how that goes lol
I did not take it either and I hope it is really not a big deal. But II received 30 minutes ago!

Seems like they are sending a LOT of II... Sucks none of the previous post-II acceptance trackers have Geisinger data.

Do you guys know if getting an interview without taking the SJT means it is not really required or if no taking it will impact your admission even after receiving an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
My first II! Nontrad 3.81/511, took CASPER but no score yet, no SJT either. My interview date isn't until December 6. I'm a little worried I'll be interviewing so late.

ps - I didn't even know SJT was a thing until I saw this thread. I tried to register for a test and there are apparently no available testing dates for the rest of the year.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got II, also had to take Dec 6 as first available date

Seems like they are sending a LOT of II... Sucks none of the previous post-II acceptance trackers have Geisinger data.
Ehh I don't think so. Poster above said Dec 6th is first available date, so I think they are just starting this process early. I know my other schools sends II about 2-3 weeks before interview dates

II this morning! IS, LM 67, did not take SJT. Only available interview date was Dec 6th

Reactions: 3 users
Ehh I don't think so. Poster above said Dec 6th is first available date, so I think they are just starting this process early. I know my other schools sends II about 2-3 weeks before interview dates
I was more commenting on the sheer number of interviews in the interview tracker.

Sorry. Colorblind. The hyperlink is the same color for me.

ll this morning but I do not see any available dates on the calendar. Anyone who received ll today was able to schedule?

ll this morning but I do not see any available dates on the calendar. Anyone who received ll today was able to schedule?
Yes, I was able to schedule for Dec 6th. I didn't see any other times on the calendar.

Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all! Congrats to all those who have received II this far, it’s a huge achievement. I’m currently an M1 student at Geisinger and know that last cycle they interviewed approximately 900 applicants and granted around 270 acceptances. Hope this helps 😁
Were these the total offers, or is this the size of the accepted class?

Do you know if there was any favorable sway towards instate versus OOS for post-II acceptances (like Pitt)?

Received info about my interview, got a Zoom link but then there is an mention of AMP? What’s that?

Received info about my interview, got a Zoom link but then there is an mention of AMP? What’s that?
Software platform that many admissions departments used. You probably filled out several secondaries on an AMP platform. Also a low-energy nucleotide.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone able to speak to Geisinger's online coursework policy? They're pretty explicit on their website that no online courses are acceptable, save those taken due to COVID-19. I took online coursework before COVID and am holding out hope they've amended their bias by now.

"Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)"

Is anyone able to speak to Geisinger's online coursework policy? They're pretty explicit on their website that no online courses are acceptable, save those taken due to COVID-19. I took online coursework before COVID and am holding out hope they've amended their bias by now.

"Online coursework will not be accepted. (Courses taken online due to COVID-19 may be considered.)"
I believe that is such for their prerequisites unless they were impacted due to COVID-19. A few other schools I know of have a similar sentiment. Granted all courses count towards your GPA when it comes to the AMCAS application, and I'm pretty certain most institutions do not remove online courses you took from your application just for the sake of recalculating your GPA or to say "hey, your degree doesn't count." That's absurd if you ask me, but has anyone heard of any medical schools doing that?

What were the earliest available dates when you scheduled if you don’t mind me asking.
Earliest for me at the time was 9/15. But my friend received her invite much later and they were interviewing into November I think?

FWIW, I did receive an II to Geisinger and I have online coursework that is pre-COVID. I'm not sure how applicable that is as i'm a non-trad student and was working full-time. Hopefully it isn't just a pleasant oversight on their part.

FWIW, I did receive an II to Geisinger and I have online coursework that is pre-COVID. I'm not sure how applicable that is as i'm a non-trad student and was working full-time. Hopefully it isn't just a pleasant oversight on their part.
Exact same situation for me. Mine were fully proctored, regionally accredited courses. So many people were rubber-stamped online with no proctored exams during the COVID months. It seems ridiculous those classes would count but mine would not.

Has anyone had an interview with Geisinger yet? I have mine in a few weeks.

At the time it was the end of August. I want to say 30/31
What was the earliest interview date they offered you if you don’t mind me asking?
when I got an II last week, they only had January dates open so I think they have a system where they interview those they really want before October and then filter the availability of dates by an applicant's state status/scores/ etc.

Pre-II R, complete end of July but my SJT scores weren’t delivered until the middle of august. 76th % SJT, OOS ORM.

• Care