2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how much waitlist movement there will be this year. Going to tell all my mentees that UMN is super rolling admissions. It’s crazy that this school was my first interview and it resulted in a WL. Meanwhile some schools are still accepting feb interviewees

Members don't see this ad.

They said the same thing to me, and that I should hear back about W/R by the end of next week
But I thought they already started rejecting students off of the WL. So they’re not actually waiting until May?

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully there is more WL movement this year compared to the last cycle…

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how much waitlist movement there will be this year. Going to tell all my mentees that UMN is super rolling admissions. It’s crazy that this school was my first interview and it resulted in a WL. Meanwhile some schools are still accepting feb interviewees
Yeah if I have to reapply I'm making sure my application here is completed ASAP...

Hopefully there is more WL movement this year compared to the last cycle…
I pray so too!!! This is my number 1 pick 🥲 anyone holding multiple acceptances where UMN is not priority for let us know 🤣💀

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Bad news everyone :( All acceptance spots have been filled, and we are now all waiting to hear back only for either waitlist or rejection. I emailed the admissions staff and this is the response I got:

At this time we have granted all of our accept spots for the moment. The only decisions you will hear about are waitlist or reject. If you are placed on the waitlist you will hear more from us in May as candidates withdraw and accept spots at other schools.

Really feeling bummed. This sucks :(
Wow, it makes it worse they made us wait 12 weeks to hear anything. Of course spots are filled when the turnaround time is that long. Also, people who were waitlisted are getting rejections which goes against what they said.

Yeah if I have to reapply I'm making sure my application here is completed ASAP...
same I turned in my secondary within a couple of days and i thought that would be enough time considering that they recommend doing it within 2 weeks. Next time I'm doing day-of

Last edited:
Y’all did UMN appear on your CYMS ?? It didn’t on mine and I was waitlisted a week ago

Y’all did UMN appear on your CYMS ?? It didn’t on mine and I was waitlisted a week ago

Don’t you have to be accepted for it to appear on your CYMS? Or am I mistaken?

wow- I am very disappointed with their admissions team....They have no business interviewing until/ into march when they only have acceptance to offer for their first 2/2.5 months of interviewees?! They brag about being holistic and having a multi-step review process when the reality is if you're not picked QUICK by one of the few people who first review your application, it doesn't matter. 🍵

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wow- I am very disappointed with their admissions team....They have no business interviewing until/ into march when they only have acceptance to offer for their first 2/2.5 months of interviewees?! They brag about being holistic and having a multi-step review process when the reality is if you're not picked QUICK by one of the few people who first review your application, it doesn't matter. 🍵
Agreed 100%. It is ridiculous that those in December were considered late too.

Hey everyone. I missed a hell of a day on this thread!

I feel obligated to offer an apology since I go to this school. If acceptances have really all gone out, I am livid on your behalf. It’s incredibly f*cked that they would interview 800 applicants for not even half of those people to have a fair chance at being accepted. I’m not sure what I can do in my position, but something really needs to change.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
do they email or call for waitlist/reject?

you'd think communication would be a standard at this point :cautious:

Has any one had success contacting the admissions office/committee to receive notes about their specific application and why they were rejected?

Has any one had success contacting the admissions office/committee to receive notes about their specific application and why they were rejected?
Last year they offered feedback that was really helpful. No clue about this year. I do remember they had a waiting list of sorts so it took a while however.

Students that have been waitlisted for at least the past month. Have you heard back from U yet?

From what I have been hearing, they are knocking off a bunch of current students off the waitlist due to the them being so back up again

Any confirmation on whether or not they are keeping or getting rid of AOA? I've heard different things from different students. Kinda assuming they're keeping it due to everything else being P/F but idk. Any insight?

So does anyone know why the Minnesota waitlist doesn't show up on the AMCAS CYMS?

Any confirmation on whether or not they are keeping or getting rid of AOA? I've heard different things from different students. Kinda assuming they're keeping it due to everything else being P/F but idk. Any insight?
I’ve heard ~rumors~ that they are moving to get rid of it by the time my class gets there, but it’s not confirmed either way.

Yeah, I had a 12/2 interview, and was also told when I emailed them last week that I would receive either a response of waitlist, or rejection, but that I likely wouldn't hear back until next week some time at the earliest. Also, for anyone in a similar position that may have missed this, they DO NOT accept letters of continued interest, or anything of the sort (I asked just to be sure). Good luck to everyone still playing the waiting game.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I had a 12/2 interview, and was also told when I emailed them last week that I would receive either a response of waitlist, or rejection, but that I likely wouldn't hear back until next week some time at the earliest. Also, for anyone in a similar position that may have missed this, they DO NOT accept letters of continued interest, or anything of the sort (I asked just to be sure). Good luck to everyone still playing the waiting game.
I also interviewed 12/2 and got a waitlist last Monday. Absolutely insane that end of November-through rest of the dates only get a waitlist and rejection.

• Care
Most likely. I was told by someone who interviewed in February that admissions informed them prior to the interview that it was for a waitlist spot only.
Interesting, I interviewed in early March and we were not told we were interviewing for a waitlist spot

Yes does anyone know why????
My guess is that the school simply hasn't communicated the decisions to AMCAS yet. With everything in flux right now, they may be waiting until they form the actual alternate list to do so??

The AMCAS guidelines suggest contacting the school if a communicated decision is not visible in the tool.

Waitlisted today…got the email (interview early dec).l

Waitlisted today…got the email (interview early dec).l
Same here on both. I just got the email as well, so I gather it's another wave of decisions. Good luck to you, and everyone still in contention.

Last edited:
Everyone from here on out will be waitlisted due to their incompetence.

Got the post-II R. Extremely disappointed.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Can any current students speak to the support that the U provides for students who hope to match out of state for residency?

Anyone have insight on how formal to dress for the virtual admitted students days?

Anyone have insight on how formal to dress for the virtual admitted students days?
Doesn’t have to be formal at all! You can wear anything you’d be comfortable going to school in—sweatshirts are ok :)

• Love
I really hope there is waitlist movement this year! Are Minnesota clinical years also P/F?

has anyone from early january heard back yet? I am a late january interviewer and Im wondering if they will actually get back to us in our 10-12 week timeframe.

has anyone from early january heard back yet? I am a late january interviewer and Im wondering if they will actually get back to us in our 10-12 week timeframe.
I wouldn’t hold your breath
-a ghosted December interviewee

Ya im wondering how behind they are becuz its almost 12 weeks for end of January peeps, and it seems many December people still haven't heard back still