-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed in feb I feel bad for those who interviewed in marchim confused how someone from jan 25 has heard back but others haven't.. tf they waiting for like ??????????
bananamacaroon
Full Member
has anyone spoken to admissions recently about what kind of waitlist movement they’re expecting? They haven’t gotten to so many people still idek how they will get to evaluating the waitlist soon but jw
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope someone does I am too scared to ask lol.has anyone spoken to admissions recently about what kind of waitlist movement they’re expecting? They haven’t gotten to so many people still idek how they will get to evaluating the waitlist soon but jw
bananamacaroon
Full Member
ME TOO 😅I hope someone does I am too scared to ask lol.
is there a hotline this year?? i remember reading on last years SDN that they had one
bananamacaroon
Full Member
I believe the hotline is available after the ranked AL comes out but I could be wrong!is there a hotline this year?? i remember reading on last years SDN that they had one
it's been 12 weeks what are they doing....
I wonder if ppl will hear things this week since april 30th has passed now
Please accept me off the waitlist UMN. I will accept and attend immediately.I wonder if ppl will hear things this week since april 30th has passed now
I think the deadline was moved to 5/2I wonder if ppl will hear things this week since april 30th has passed now
+1Please accept me off the waitlist UMN. I will accept and attend immediately.
wait so what exactly happens on 5/2 u have to say where ur going ? what if u get off a waitlist somewhereI think the deadline was moved to 5/2
bananamacaroon
Full Member
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Withdrew my acceptance two days ago - good luck to those waitlisted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
u can still hold waitlists I thinkwait so what exactly happens on 5/2 u have to say where ur going ? what if u get off a waitlist somewhere
3 months in and still no decision post-interview how are we doing?
So much for the waitlist movement. They still haven't given decisions for those who interviewed 3 months ago.
congrats but why are they taking ppl off the waitlist when they haven't even made a decision for some people yet?
when were you waitlisted? Congrats!JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! accepted off the waitlist
edit: IS or OOS?
level1dramacenter
New Member
lol I'm 4 months in with no decision, so I'm not doing great![]()
3 months in and still no decision post-interview how are we doing?
bananamacaroon
Full Member
CONGRATS!!!! do you mind telling what area code u got the call from? I have gotten 4 spam calls today alone and my heart races every time 😅JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! accepted off the waitlist
ah thank you!! it was a Chicago area code!CONGRATS!!!! do you mind telling what area code u got the call from? I have gotten 4 spam calls today alone and my heart races every time 😅
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS? I interviewed same day as you, 12/2, so it’s not looking too good for me 🙁Accepted off the waitlist today. Praying for all of you lovely ppl as well! Anyone know if UMN matches financial aid offers?
Bobo1234
Full Member
I asked Crystal Esparza, the Director of Admissions, about this, and she said UMN does not match financial aid offers.Accepted off the waitlist today. Praying for all of you lovely ppl as well! Anyone know if UMN matches financial aid offers?
I am in state. Praying for you!! Keep hope and keep praying.Congrats! Are you IS or OOS? I interviewed same day as you, 12/2, so it’s not looking too good for me 🙁
DamnI asked Crystal Esparza, the Director of Admissions, about this, and she said UMN does not match financial aid offers.
bananamacaroon
Full Member
🙏🙏🤞🤞💞💞I am in state. Praying for you!! Keep hope and keep praying.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, congrats did they send u an email yet? I didn’t get anything. Just a voicemail recording.JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! accepted off the waitlist
Do you all think waitlist movement is happening in chronological order? I hope not because then I’m pretty much out of it.
Someone told me they do a fresh review of all WL applicants and then decide but I have no idea. Perhaps send an email and let them know you want to come here and we’re wondering how the WL process works.Do you all think waitlist movement is happening in chronological order? I hope not because then I’m pretty much out of it.
what are they doing about people who haven't heard back yet????????????
What email would be best to send to?Someone told me they do a fresh review of all WL applicants and then decide but I have no idea. Perhaps send an email and let them know you want to come here and we’re wondering how the WL process works.
Finally got the post-interview R. Interviewed early Feb
I would say dimple Patel or crystalWhat email would be best to send to?
sorry to hear, were you IS or OSFinally got the post-interview R. Interviewed early Feb
OOS but had some family ties to the areasorry to hear, were you IS or OS
UMN MS3 here. Best of luck to you all as you are waiting to hear or as waitlist movement is happening. A good friend of mine and one of the most capable and intelligent medical students in my class was accepted off the waitlist only a few days before class started, so hold out hope! Many people in my class applied multiple cycles before getting in. Each and every one of you is capable of becoming a doctor, even if your path is not straight! Good luck!
P.S. When you get in, go live at the best med frat (HOME | Nu Sigma Nu, University of Minnesota)
P.S. When you get in, go live at the best med frat (HOME | Nu Sigma Nu, University of Minnesota)
I’m so sorry! I hope you get into another school this year and if not next year! Praying for you.Got the post-II R. Extremely disappointed.
Someone who knows about AMCAS traffic rules pls explain. I’m currently PTE at another school. What happens if I accept my UMN acceptance? Will I lose my spot at the other school? I’m still deciding between schools and only have 5 days to make a decision.Guys if I accept the acceptance am I letting go of my other schools? Or just keeping this an offer of acceptance?
so I can only hold both acceptances for those 5 days??? What if that’s not enough time to clarify financial aid? I thought after May 2nd if you get off of a waitlist you can old multiple acceptances until the CTE deadline which is like in June for UMN I think? This is so confusingI believe that you can accept the acceptance without losing your other spot if you do so within those five days. I think you can also PTE and hold your acceptance as well in that time. However, after the five days are up, you should withdraw from the school you don't choose.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when do we think the ranked alternate list comes out?
Not until at least June is what admissions saidwhen do we think the ranked alternate list comes out?