2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im confused how someone from jan 25 has heard back but others from jan 25th haven't.. tf r they waiting for like ??????????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
has anyone spoken to admissions recently about what kind of waitlist movement they’re expecting? They haven’t gotten to so many people still idek how they will get to evaluating the waitlist soon but jw

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone spoken to admissions recently about what kind of waitlist movement they’re expecting? They haven’t gotten to so many people still idek how they will get to evaluating the waitlist soon but jw
I hope someone does I am too scared to ask lol.

Reactions: 1 user
is there a hotline this year?? i remember reading on last years SDN that they had one

I wonder if ppl will hear things this week since april 30th has passed now

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance two days ago - good luck to those waitlisted!

• Care
Tired Cat GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

3 months in and still no decision post-interview how are we doing?

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
So much for the waitlist movement. They still haven't given decisions for those who interviewed 3 months ago.

JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! accepted off the waitlist

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
congrats but why are they taking ppl off the waitlist when they haven't even made a decision for some people yet?

JUST GOT THE CALL!!!! accepted off the waitlist
CONGRATS!!!! do you mind telling what area code u got the call from? I have gotten 4 spam calls today alone and my heart races every time 😅

CONGRATS!!!! do you mind telling what area code u got the call from? I have gotten 4 spam calls today alone and my heart races every time 😅
ah thank you!! it was a Chicago area code!

• Love
Accepted off the waitlist today. Praying for all of you lovely ppl as well! Anyone know if UMN matches financial aid offers?

Accepted off the waitlist today. Praying for all of you lovely ppl as well! Anyone know if UMN matches financial aid offers?
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS? I interviewed same day as you, 12/2, so it’s not looking too good for me :(

I asked Crystal Esparza, the Director of Admissions, about this, and she said UMN does not match financial aid offers.

Congrats! Are you IS or OOS? I interviewed same day as you, 12/2, so it’s not looking too good for me :(
I am in state. Praying for you!! Keep hope and keep praying.

• Care
Do you all think waitlist movement is happening in chronological order? I hope not because then I’m pretty much out of it.

Do you all think waitlist movement is happening in chronological order? I hope not because then I’m pretty much out of it.
Someone told me they do a fresh review of all WL applicants and then decide but I have no idea. Perhaps send an email and let them know you want to come here and we’re wondering how the WL process works.

what are they doing about people who haven't heard back yet????????????

Someone told me they do a fresh review of all WL applicants and then decide but I have no idea. Perhaps send an email and let them know you want to come here and we’re wondering how the WL process works.
What email would be best to send to?

Finally got the post-interview R. Interviewed early Feb

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Also R

Late Jan interview

• Care
Guys if I accept the acceptance am I letting go of my other schools? Or just keeping this an offer of acceptance?

UMN MS3 here. Best of luck to you all as you are waiting to hear or as waitlist movement is happening. A good friend of mine and one of the most capable and intelligent medical students in my class was accepted off the waitlist only a few days before class started, so hold out hope! Many people in my class applied multiple cycles before getting in. Each and every one of you is capable of becoming a doctor, even if your path is not straight! Good luck!

P.S. When you get in, go live at the best med frat (HOME | Nu Sigma Nu, University of Minnesota)

Guys if I accept the acceptance am I letting go of my other schools? Or just keeping this an offer of acceptance?
Someone who knows about AMCAS traffic rules pls explain. I’m currently PTE at another school. What happens if I accept my UMN acceptance? Will I lose my spot at the other school? I’m still deciding between schools and only have 5 days to make a decision.

I believe that you can accept the acceptance without losing your other spot if you do so within those five days. I think you can also PTE and hold your acceptance as well in that time. However, after the five days are up, you should withdraw from the school you don't choose.
so I can only hold both acceptances for those 5 days??? What if that’s not enough time to clarify financial aid? I thought after May 2nd if you get off of a waitlist you can old multiple acceptances until the CTE deadline which is like in June for UMN I think? This is so confusing

Congratulations to those who received a call for that acceptance! I'm manifesting my acceptance off the waitlist for UMN this week. 😤

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know the CTE date here?
It's technically July 1st according to this. But those who were admitted before April 15th were strongly encouraged to CTE by May 2nd. I had to reach out to admissions to see if they allow me to CTE late June instead of May 2nd.