2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how to drop your acceptance here? I can't seem to find a button to withdraw/decline...
Hey, did you figure this out? I'm in a similar situation, and worried that confirming my acceptance was binding

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, did you figure this out? I'm in a similar situation, and worried that confirming my acceptance was binding
It’s definitely not binding until you hit the CTE button in AMCAS (which is not an option yet). If you can’t easily find a button to withdraw in the school’s portal, I would simply email the admissions coordinator that you wish to withdraw your acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s definitely not binding until you hit the CTE button in AMCAS (which is not an option yet). If you can’t easily find a button to withdraw in the school’s portal, I would simply email the admissions coordinator that you wish to withdraw your acceptance.
Wait so let’s say I’m waiting to hear back from UMN does AAMC require I choose I school and the CTE button on may 1st meaning I have to commit to that school and I can’t go anywhere else ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you both figure it out soon. A lot of us are dying to go here 😭

Reactions: 1 users
Wait so let’s say I’m waiting to hear back from UMN does AAMC require I choose I school and the CTE button on may 1st meaning I have to commit to that school and I can’t go anywhere else ?
By April 30, you should narrow your acceptances to one and selected Plan to Enroll in AMCAS. PTE is not binding, and you can stay on waitlists or continue waiting to hear back (if you haven't already). Commit to Enroll is binding, and you should not select CTE until you are ready to drop all other acceptances/waitlists. Each school has their own deadline for CTE, so you have to make sure to adhere to the specific policies for the acceptance that you are holding. UMN has previously been July 1, but I can't confirm with 100% certainty that it is the same this year.

I emailed them and never got a response but when I check AMCAS it says I withdrew, so I guess they processed it?

Just got an R and was on the waitlist...really heart broken, but I did get into 1 school. I just know I would have loved this program. Wishing the best to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got an R and was on the waitlist...really heart broken, but I did get into 1 school. I just know I would have loved this program. Wishing the best to everyone.
same, just got the R after being waitlisted a few weeks ago. Probably because I'm not a MN resident :(. I have an A at one of my top schools, so altogether this isn't the end of the world. But having gone to the U for undergrad and having lots family in the Twin Cities, this one does sting a bit more than other R's.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed in September, waitlisted in December, and just received the rejection email this evening… feels like it came out of nowhere.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
same, just got the R after being waitlisted a few weeks ago. Probably because I'm not a MN resident :(. I have an A at one of my top schools, so altogether this isn't the end of the world. But having gone to the U for undergrad and having lots family in the Twin Cities, this one does sting a bit more than other R's.

Sorry to hear that! Wishing you the best for the rest of the cycle.

Also, guess my R is on the way!

Wow, hearing all these rejections after being waitlisted makes me wonder if they’re consolidating their waitlist. Perhaps they are building a rank list to prepare for May 1?? I hope that those who haven’t heard anything at all after an interview hear back soon too. This process is so hard and unpredictable. I only hope they reevaluate their admissions process and timelines so they can be more fair to candidates in future app cycles.

Ngl, if their admissions is operating this chaotically, I wonder how well they support their med students.. I pray that their whole med ed department isn’t like this because I would truly love to attend the U of M. Their admissions process certainly doesn’t give me a good first impression. Would love to hear from current med students at this school on if they can vouch for or share their experience with the school administration.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, hearing all these rejections after being waitlisted makes me wonder if they’re consolidating their waitlist. Perhaps they are building a rank list to prepare for May 1?? I hope that those who haven’t heard anything at all after an interview hear back soon too. This process is so hard and unpredictable. I only hope they reevaluate their admissions process and timelines so they can be more fair to candidates in future app cycles.

Ngl, if their admissions is operating this chaotically, I wonder how well they support their med students.. I pray that their whole med ed department isn’t like this because I would truly love to attend the U of M. Their admissions process certainly doesn’t give me a good first impression. Would love to hear from current med students at this school on if they can vouch for or share their experience with the school administration.
Hello - soon to be MS3 here. I feel quite supported by the faculty and admin. I admittedly haven’t interfaced with them a ton, but all of my experiences have been positive (especially with the offices of medical education and learner development).

Admissions is a totally isolated team and their process has been a chaotic nightmare at least since I applied. Luckily it hasn’t impacted my experience here, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

Happy to discuss more specifics if you have additional questions.

Wishing all the best for yall! Im a bit surprised; I assumed anyone on the waitlist would not hear back until after May 1.

Sorry to hear that! and Interesting article. ngl atp I feel like there is always something with almost every school.
Absolutely! But sometimes selectively digging up dirt is therapeutic...

I've had an overall good experience with admin and I'd guess I interact with them more than most students. They truly see to care about helping students. They can get busy, which will delay things, but every interaction I've had with them has resulted in them trying to help me succeed.

I am wishing everybody the best outcome this cycle! ⭐️ I am waitlisted at Duluth and am feeling nervous about what the final decision will be and when it will come. Please please please, if you have been accepted or waitlisted at UMN and know you for sure want to go to a different medical school, please turn UMN down before May 1. It could make a big difference for people on the waitlist and could help them to hear back sooner. Thank you in advance for your kindness and consideration.🙏❤️

Are there some common apartment complexes close to campus where med students tend to live ? (preferably undergrad free if possible lol)

Last edited:
Are there some common apartment complexes close to campus where med students tend to live ? (preferably undergrad free if possible lol)
Max Apartments are very common and undergrad free. Can’t think of any others off the top of my head

Just declined my spot and the Dean’s Scholarship! Hope an acceptance and some $$ come y’all’s way :)

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew A. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
also withdrew A with scholarship - good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Didn't they say for people that interviewed in 2023 that decisions would be rendered on May 1st? I've been expecting an email all day and it's getting rather late now...

Didn't they say for people that interviewed in 2023 that decisions would be rendered on May 1st? I've been expecting an email all day and it's getting rather late now...
I think since April 30th fell on a weekend, applicants still have today to CTE. UMN might be waiting to get the final list before they release acceptances off the waitlist so hopefully we hear back in the next few days!

Withdrew my A, wishing y’all the best and off the waitlist!

As medschoolboi2023 said, they could be waiting until tomorrow to start accepting people off the waitlist. It's also possible that they had a higher-than-expected yield and won't be accepting many people off the waitlist this year, as has been the case in previous years, or that they have started accepting people and SDN is just a very small sample. I don't recall the waitlist email giving a specific date for decisions, so I wouldn't necessarily expect anything today. Fingers crossed for all my fellow waitlist peeps!!

Right, I'm getting nervous, especially hearing about people who were on the waitlist since December and getting rejected off the waitlist last week. I interviewed February 23 and haven't heard back at all...

has anyone received a rejection from the TC campus regarding rural/indigenous pathway? Or just Duluth?

Right, I'm getting nervous, especially hearing about people who were on the waitlist since December and getting rejected off the waitlist last week. I interviewed February 23 and haven't heard back at all...
Same boat as you - February 21st. Hoping for good news in the next couple of days!

has anyone received a rejection from the TC campus regarding rural/indigenous pathway? Or just Duluth?
hmm does TC send a separate rejection? I assumed if we heard from Duluth regarding rural/indigenous that we weren't getting into either campus

Not going to lie part of me is wondering if they're just going to ghost everyone who hasn't heard back yet

LMFAO. no tell my why i've picked up 3 scam calls today thinking it was UMN.. im soooo nervous
Those spam calls were TRIFLING with my emotions today! I got like THREE of them!

Is it generally frowned upon to email the admissions team?

I was told we would hear back April 30 or May 01, and my instincts from the industry world are to communicate and seek clarity, checking in about the missed deadline and determining what to expect.

Ha but I get the feeling that in the medical world, status matters, and the admissions team may not like this form of communication from a lowly applicant.

What do you guys think? I sure would like to put an end to the suspense and confusion.

Reactions: 3 users

I was told we would hear back April 30 or May 01, and my instincts from the industry world are to communicate and seek clarity, checking in about the missed deadline and determining what to expect.

Ha but I get the feeling that in the medical world, status matters, and the admissions team may not like this form of communication from a lowly applicant.

What do you guys think? I sure would like to put an end to the suspense and confusion.
I honestly don’t think it’s frowned upon. We are all curious and have heard crickets. I would love an update or be curious as to what they reply. It’s especially odd since last Year people heard back by now if they were waitlisted. Could it be that they gave enough acceptances already to have their class filled if a more than usual amount PTE?

I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as long as you’re polite, don’t email them every day, and don’t ask about your status specifically. In previous years, people have emailed admissions periodically and they have provided updates on where things stand. The worst they can say is that they won’t be providing any updates, and I highly doubt emailing them will affect your chances of admission. If you end up reaching out, please let us know what they say!