You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
I got an email on 2/22 from them saying:Did TC say they would be periodically sending out R's and WL's before May 1st?
“We will not issue any new acceptance offers until after May 1, 2023; waitlist and deny decisions will go out on a rolling basis starting next week.”
Im not sure what their process is for WL and Rs after May 1.
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
No, i haven't. Consider that a good thingHas anyone who interviewed in Feb for TC hear anything yet??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cricutdoc
Full Member
I interviewed on 2/6 and still haven't heard anything since they said they'd let us know after 5/1. no WL or R, so hoping it's a good thing too.No, i haven't. Consider that a good thing
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Yeah I interviewed 2/16 and still have not heard anything so, hopefully we don't until May 1st.I interviewed on 2/6 and still haven't heard anything since they said they'd let us know after 5/1. no WL or R, so hoping it's a good thing too.
cilantrosoap
Full Member
Can anyone confirm if scholarships have gone out already? I’m OOS and will likely withdraw my A without scholarships/grants, but wanted to confirm if they’ve gone out first. Thanks!
Not 100% sure if all scholarships have gone out but the recruitment scholarships I was told come out during your admission decision and need based scholarships came out like last week (I received one with my financial aid offer). But I don’t know if that’s it!Can anyone confirm if scholarships have gone out already? I’m OOS and will likely withdraw my A without scholarships/grants, but wanted to confirm if they’ve gone out first. Thanks!
flirtybluebirdie
New Member
Interviewed 1/26 and was waitlisted 3/30! I’m IS.
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Mmhh I wonder if the students that get the A on May 1st and after will be able also have the chance for scholarships 🙁
If people turn down recruitment scholarships to attend other schools, they will be redistributed on a rolling basis and may be available to people who hear back after May 1. Need-based scholarships are part of the financial aid package and those will still be available, as the deadline is waived for those who hear back later.Mmhh I wonder if the students that get the A on May 1st and after will be able also have the chance for scholarships 🙁
Last edited:
cricutdoc
Full Member
For those who interviewed in the late winter/early spring for TC - Anyone else really anxious to hear back after May 1st? /: I wish they could tell us earlier. Kinda still salty we were misled during the interview and told we were not too late in their interview process. Got my hopes up when we really were just interviewing for waitlist positions. Have they already accepted more students than their class size?
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
For those who interviewed in the late winter/early spring for TC - Anyone else really anxious to hear back after May 1st? /: I wish they could tell us earlier. Kinda still salty we were misled during the interview and told we were not too late in their interview process. Got my hopes up when we really were just interviewing for waitlist positions. Have they already accepted more students than their class size?
I am really anxious! Because if I have to go out of state, I really want it to be Minnesota, and I am only waiting on them to make my final decision on where to go 😭
It took a while for it to show up on mine!For those of you waitlisted for UMNTC, do you see it in the "choose your medical school tool"? It's not showing up on mine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dartosfascia10
Full Member
when did you interview? I interviewed in Feb, and while I know there generally seems to be the belief we were interviewing for waitlist positions, I haven't received any notice of any sort of being waitlisted, nor does Minnesota show up in my choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?It took a while for it to show up on mine!
I interviewed in the fall this cycle, however I interviewed in February in a previous cycle for the MD program and didn't receive any communication about my status until May.when did you interview? I interviewed in Feb, and while I know there generally seems to be the belief we were interviewing for waitlist positions, I haven't received any notice of any sort of being waitlisted, nor does Minnesota show up in my choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?
dartosfascia10
Full Member
Sorry, I guess my question was after your fall interview, did you receive an official notice/email that you were placed on the waitlist at UMN-TC? If so, that's probably why you can see that reflected on the choose your medical school tool.I interviewed in the fall this cycle, however I interviewed in February in a previous cycle for the MD program and didn't receive any communication about my status until May.
Yes, I didSorry, I guess my question was after your fall interview, did you receive an official notice/email that you were placed on the waitlist at UMN-TC? If so, that's probably why you can see that reflected on the choose your medical school tool.
I also got a notice of being waitlisted. I Interviewed late January and was waitlisted late March. So it has been two weeks and I still don't see it on "choose my medical school tool". I thought it would have showed up by now.Sorry, I guess my question was after your fall interview, did you receive an official notice/email that you were placed on the waitlist at UMN-TC? If so, that's probably why you can see that reflected on the choose your medical school tool.
Got it. Thank you!It took a while for it to show up on mine!
Typically in the email a school while ask you to respond and accept the waitlist position. If you don’t respond in their timeline they don’t waitlist you. And it won’t show up on cymsI also got a notice of being waitlisted. I Interviewed late January and was waitlisted late March. So it has been two weeks and I still don't see it on "choose my medical school tool". I thought it would have showed up by now.
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
We didnt have to do this for U of M TC right?Typically in the email a school while ask you to respond and accept the waitlist position. If you don’t respond in their timeline they don’t waitlist you. And it won’t show up on cyms
We didnt have to do this for U of M TC right?
No, this is only for specific schools
cilantrosoap
Full Member
I never received a personal email, but once I checked my UMN email it had actually been in there for a few days so I’d check there!Has anyone else not recieved any financial aid offer yet? In regards to loans or scholarships.
Did they only send it to the UMN email, or to the personal email that we use for AMCAS as well, if you did receive it?
flirtybluebirdie
New Member
In my waitlist email I didn’t see anything about needing to respond or accept waitlist position - am I missing something?Typically in the email a school while ask you to respond and accept the waitlist position. If you don’t respond in their timeline they don’t waitlist you. And it won’t show up on cyms
+1In my waitlist email I didn’t see anything about needing to respond or accept waitlist position - am I missing something?
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Got the R just now, so bummed :/ good luck everyone
dartosfascia10
Full Member
WL just a few minutes ago, interviewed 2/14. OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my waitlist email I didn’t see anything about needing to respond or accept waitlist position - am I missing something?
You’re not.
I’m sorry. I’m hoping the best for you. When did you interview?Got the R just now, so bummed :/ good luck everyone’s
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Aww thank you, and 2/16 for TC.I’m sorry. I’m hoping the best for you. When did you interview?
hopefulpremed05
Full Member
Has anyone still not heard back yet? Or do they have more WL/R to hand out before May?
nevermissbreakfast
New Member
Has anyone still not heard back yet? Or do they have more WL/R to hand out before May?
I haven’t yet. I interviewed 2/28.
yourstruelypremed
Full Member
Placed on Duluth waitlist in December, rejected today. Hoping TC comes through🤞
notinterested
New Member
Hey! I am waiting to hear back from Duluth, do you plan to accept? Congrats!Duluth!
random_username
Full Member
I'm also confused because I selected either campus and received that email that said it's unlikely I'll get off the waitlist basically (probably the same email you got?).I'm kind of in a confusing situation right now. I applied rural pathway but was interviewed by Duluth for a TC slot since I only selected TC as my campus preference. A few weeks ago, I emailed admissions and was told that I'm on the waitlist for a rural slot at the TC campus. However, today I got the rejection email from Duluth—I'm not sure if it means I'm rejected from both campuses or just Duluth?
Yup! Is my top choiceHey! I am waiting to hear back from Duluth, do you plan to accept? Congrats!
For anyone who interviewed late in the spring... last year I had an interview in March and got accepted without being waitlisted (though I am pretty sure I was one of the last to be accepted lol). So there is still a chance! Sending good luck to everyone still awaiting admission decisions. 🙂For those who interviewed in the late winter/early spring for TC - Anyone else really anxious to hear back after May 1st? /: I wish they could tell us earlier. Kinda still salty we were misled during the interview and told we were not too late in their interview process. Got my hopes up when we really were just interviewing for waitlist positions. Have they already accepted more students than their class size?
granted they operated differently last year, but just in case this helps give anyone hope while they're watching their emails.
Last edited:
notinterested
New Member
I know UMN made some changes to admissions this year, but does anyone know what's going on with Duluth admissions specifically? Only two people on SDN have received A's out of a class that's normally ~65 people. And from what I've seen, 108 people are on the waitlist?
talltrees123
New Member
Would guess roughly 50 at second look dayI know UMN made some changes to admissions this year, but does anyone know what's going on with Duluth admissions specifically? Only two people on SDN have received A's out of a class that's normally ~65 people. And from what I've seen, 108 people are on the waitlist?
Yup I’d say the same.Would guess roughly 50 at second look day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Historically everything has been in-house. With the new curriculum, I would guess that would be the same but I can’t say with 100% certainty.Anyone know if TC has in-house written exams or NBME-style exams?
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
I need this next week to fly by. Then again, it sounds like starting May 1 a lot of us are going to be picking up every scam likely/no name call we get😅
They call for As? I thought we'd just get an email.I need this next week to fly by. Then again, it sounds like starting May 1 a lot of us are going to be picking up every scam likely/no name call we get😅