2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed in Feb for TC hear anything yet??

Members don't see this ad.

Did TC say they would be periodically sending out R's and WL's before May 1st?
I got an email on 2/22 from them saying:

“We will not issue any new acceptance offers until after May 1, 2023; waitlist and deny decisions will go out on a rolling basis starting next week.”

Im not sure what their process is for WL and Rs after May 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get this email? Are they trying to tell me something? 😅😅

Attachments

• 4352A847-BB10-45C6-B193-8EFE3EA38233.png
    4352A847-BB10-45C6-B193-8EFE3EA38233.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 200
I interviewed on 2/6 and still haven't heard anything since they said they'd let us know after 5/1. no WL or R, so hoping it's a good thing too.
Yeah I interviewed 2/16 and still have not heard anything so, hopefully we don't until May 1st.

Can anyone confirm if scholarships have gone out already? I’m OOS and will likely withdraw my A without scholarships/grants, but wanted to confirm if they’ve gone out first. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone confirm if scholarships have gone out already? I’m OOS and will likely withdraw my A without scholarships/grants, but wanted to confirm if they’ve gone out first. Thanks!
Not 100% sure if all scholarships have gone out but the recruitment scholarships I was told come out during your admission decision and need based scholarships came out like last week (I received one with my financial aid offer). But I don’t know if that’s it!

Mmhh I wonder if the students that get the A on May 1st and after will be able also have the chance for scholarships :(

Mmhh I wonder if the students that get the A on May 1st and after will be able also have the chance for scholarships :(
If people turn down recruitment scholarships to attend other schools, they will be redistributed on a rolling basis and may be available to people who hear back after May 1. Need-based scholarships are part of the financial aid package and those will still be available, as the deadline is waived for those who hear back later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For those of you waitlisted for UMNTC, do you see it in the "choose your medical school tool"? It's not showing up on mine.

For those who interviewed in the late winter/early spring for TC - Anyone else really anxious to hear back after May 1st? /: I wish they could tell us earlier. Kinda still salty we were misled during the interview and told we were not too late in their interview process. Got my hopes up when we really were just interviewing for waitlist positions. Have they already accepted more students than their class size?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed in the late winter/early spring for TC - Anyone else really anxious to hear back after May 1st? /: I wish they could tell us earlier. Kinda still salty we were misled during the interview and told we were not too late in their interview process. Got my hopes up when we really were just interviewing for waitlist positions. Have they already accepted more students than their class size?

I am really anxious! Because if I have to go out of state, I really want it to be Minnesota, and I am only waiting on them to make my final decision on where to go 😭

For those of you waitlisted for UMNTC, do you see it in the "choose your medical school tool"? It's not showing up on mine.
It took a while for it to show up on mine!

It took a while for it to show up on mine!
when did you interview? I interviewed in Feb, and while I know there generally seems to be the belief we were interviewing for waitlist positions, I haven't received any notice of any sort of being waitlisted, nor does Minnesota show up in my choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?

when did you interview? I interviewed in Feb, and while I know there generally seems to be the belief we were interviewing for waitlist positions, I haven't received any notice of any sort of being waitlisted, nor does Minnesota show up in my choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?
I interviewed in the fall this cycle, however I interviewed in February in a previous cycle for the MD program and didn't receive any communication about my status until May.

I interviewed in the fall this cycle, however I interviewed in February in a previous cycle for the MD program and didn't receive any communication about my status until May.
Sorry, I guess my question was after your fall interview, did you receive an official notice/email that you were placed on the waitlist at UMN-TC? If so, that's probably why you can see that reflected on the choose your medical school tool.

Sorry, I guess my question was after your fall interview, did you receive an official notice/email that you were placed on the waitlist at UMN-TC? If so, that's probably why you can see that reflected on the choose your medical school tool.
Yes, I did

I also got a notice of being waitlisted. I Interviewed late January and was waitlisted late March. So it has been two weeks and I still don't see it on "choose my medical school tool". I thought it would have showed up by now.

I also got a notice of being waitlisted. I Interviewed late January and was waitlisted late March. So it has been two weeks and I still don't see it on "choose my medical school tool". I thought it would have showed up by now.
Typically in the email a school while ask you to respond and accept the waitlist position. If you don’t respond in their timeline they don’t waitlist you. And it won’t show up on cyms

Has anyone else not recieved any financial aid offer yet? In regards to loans or scholarships.

Did they only send it to the UMN email, or to the personal email that we use for AMCAS as well, if you did receive it?

Has anyone else not recieved any financial aid offer yet? In regards to loans or scholarships.

Did they only send it to the UMN email, or to the personal email that we use for AMCAS as well, if you did receive it?
I never received a personal email, but once I checked my UMN email it had actually been in there for a few days so I’d check there!

Typically in the email a school while ask you to respond and accept the waitlist position. If you don’t respond in their timeline they don’t waitlist you. And it won’t show up on cyms
In my waitlist email I didn’t see anything about needing to respond or accept waitlist position - am I missing something?

Has anyone still not heard back yet? Or do they have more WL/R to hand out before May?

Placed on Duluth waitlist in December, rejected today. Hoping TC comes through🤞

• Care
I'm kind of in a confusing situation right now. I applied rural pathway but was interviewed by Duluth for a TC slot since I only selected TC as my campus preference. A few weeks ago, I emailed admissions and was told that I'm on the waitlist for a rural slot at the TC campus. However, today I got the rejection email from Duluth—I'm not sure if it means I'm rejected from both campuses or just Duluth?
I'm also confused because I selected either campus and received that email that said it's unlikely I'll get off the waitlist basically (probably the same email you got?).

Does anyone know how to drop your acceptance here? I can't seem to find a button to withdraw/decline...

For anyone who interviewed late in the spring... last year I had an interview in March and got accepted without being waitlisted (though I am pretty sure I was one of the last to be accepted lol). So there is still a chance! Sending good luck to everyone still awaiting admission decisions. :)
granted they operated differently last year, but just in case this helps give anyone hope while they're watching their emails.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I know UMN made some changes to admissions this year, but does anyone know what's going on with Duluth admissions specifically? Only two people on SDN have received A's out of a class that's normally ~65 people. And from what I've seen, 108 people are on the waitlist?

I know UMN made some changes to admissions this year, but does anyone know what's going on with Duluth admissions specifically? Only two people on SDN have received A's out of a class that's normally ~65 people. And from what I've seen, 108 people are on the waitlist?
Would guess roughly 50 at second look day

Anyone know if TC has in-house written exams or NBME-style exams?

Anyone know if TC has in-house written exams or NBME-style exams?
Historically everything has been in-house. With the new curriculum, I would guess that would be the same but I can’t say with 100% certainty.

I need this next week to fly by. Then again, it sounds like starting May 1 a lot of us are going to be picking up every scam likely/no name call we get😅

Reactions: 2 users
Just in case this helps anyone and because I've been a nervous wreck since then, I interviewed February 23 and still haven't heard anything. I've heard no news is good news, but as many have said on this thread, not sure what to think. 🤷‍♀️

I need this next week to fly by. Then again, it sounds like starting May 1 a lot of us are going to be picking up every scam likely/no name call we get😅
They call for As? I thought we'd just get an email.