You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1101558
Any current students here that wouldn't mind answering some questions I have about classes, curriculum, school culture, etc? DM me if so!
D
deleted1009115
DMed you 🙂Any current students here that wouldn't mind answering some questions I have about classes, curriculum, school culture, etc? DM me if so!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Per this thread, others have received pre-II Rs. At this point, no news is good news!I was complete on 7/27 and have heard nothing. From what I've seen, UMN-TC reviews mostly chronologically, so I would assume I would have received an II by now. Do they ghost you until the spring if they don't select you for an II?
No, they’ve sent RsI was complete on 7/27 and have heard nothing. From what I've seen, UMN-TC reviews mostly chronologically, so I would assume I would have received an II by now. Do they ghost you until the spring if they don't select you for an II?
bananamacaroon
Full Member
I am in the same boat! IS submitted 7/27 have not heard anything yet.I was complete on 7/27 and have heard nothing. From what I've seen, UMN-TC reviews mostly chronologically, so I would assume I would have received an II by now. Do they ghost you until the spring if they don't select you for an II?
I submitted July 21st, I suspect since we haven’t heard anything yet we may get something in mid/late November. I read past years threads and it seemed like that was the case. No news is good news hopefully.I am in the same boat! IS submitted 7/27 have not heard anything yet.
I'm IS and was complete 7/27 ... haven't heard anything eitherI was complete on 7/27 and have heard nothing. From what I've seen, UMN-TC reviews mostly chronologically, so I would assume I would have received an II by now. Do they ghost you until the spring if they don't select you for an II?
minnesotavikings84
New Member
So I also was complete in July (7/16) but just received an R email a few mins ago. Hope you guys hear back (with different results) soon!
Last edited:
II received today! This is my first II! So incredibly excited, grateful for the opportunity, and full of all sorts of big emotions right now. I found out while sitting in the parking lot after work... I'm sure all my coworkers leave were very confused by the happy dance occurring in my car. 

Congratulations future doc!! When was your interview?II received today! This is my first II! So incredibly excited, grateful for the opportunity, and full of all sorts of big emotions right now. I found out while sitting in the parking lot after work... I'm sure all my coworkers leave were very confused by the happy dance occurring in my car.![]()
Isn’t II I interview?Congratulations future doc!! When was your interview?
You are absolutely correct! My bad for reading too quickly. Thanks for pointing it out. 🤗Isn’t II I interview?
Yes.Isn’t II I interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interviewed 10/19. got the R email today 🙁
Best of luck to the rest of y'all!
Best of luck to the rest of y'all!
I’m sorry to hear that and wishing you best of luck.interviewed 10/19. got the R email today 🙁
Best of luck to the rest of y'all!
Do you have any idea why? (Did your interview go bad or just hard to get accepted OOS?).
Did you write a thank you note?
Last edited:
When did you complete your secondary?II received today! This is my first II! So incredibly excited, grateful for the opportunity, and full of all sorts of big emotions right now. I found out while sitting in the parking lot after work... I'm sure all my coworkers leave were very confused by the happy dance occurring in my car.![]()
thank you! I appreciate it. Idk tbh. My interview seemed to go well (at least imo). I am OOS but I don't think that factor weighed in too much in their decision making since I got an interview? I didn't write a thank you note..I’m sorry to hear that and wishing you best of luck.
Do you have any idea why? (Did your interview go bad or just hard to get accepted OOS?).
Did you write a thank you note?
Me either but I think it’s been too long to write one now..looks like I’ll be waiting for it.thank you! I appreciate it. Idk tbh. My interview seemed to go well (at least imo). I am OOS but I don't think that factor weighed in too much in their decision making since I got an interview? I didn't write a thank you note..
Did anybody not write one and get in by chance?
D
deleted1017120
Me either but I think it’s been too long to write one now..looks like I’ll be waiting for it.
Did anybody not write one and get in by chance?
A thank-you note isn't going to make the difference.
I'm 90% sure that the Twin Cities campus is the one that had an electronic forum/board for you to submit "thank you's", and I would be extremely skeptical if anyone made the claim that ADCOM's are looking at that board and factoring in your comments on it.
Scooter817
Full Member
Yeah I believe they said the thank yous were anonymous unless you specifically put your name on it. So I don't think they were planning on keeping track or taking it into consideration for decisions!A thank-you note isn't going to make the difference.
I'm 90% sure that the Twin Cities campus is the one that had an electronic forum/board for you to submit "thank you's", and I would be extremely skeptical if anyone made the claim that ADCOM's are looking at that board and factoring in your comments on it.
D
deleted1009115
Seconding @StraTos_SpeAr 's thoughts. There also really isn't anyone to send a personalized thank you to? I did not write a thank you last year and I was accepted.
Ultimately, if the interview went well, I would be willing to simply chalk up the R to being OOS and not having good luck. Being OOS is a huge mark against you at UMN in any part of the process. For example, they interview approximately the same number of IS and OOS folks, but 80% of the class is IS.
Ultimately, if the interview went well, I would be willing to simply chalk up the R to being OOS and not having good luck. Being OOS is a huge mark against you at UMN in any part of the process. For example, they interview approximately the same number of IS and OOS folks, but 80% of the class is IS.
Yes this is what I noticed. As an OOS who would love to go here, I’m trying to not have very high expectations since it seems like OOS students have a pretty low OOS acceptance rate.Seconding @StraTos_SpeAr 's thoughts. There also really isn't anyone to send a personalized thank you to? I did not write a thank you last year and I was accepted.
Ultimately, if the interview went well, I would be willing to simply chalk up the R to being OOS and not having good luck. Being OOS is a huge mark against you at UMN in any part of the process. For example, they interview approximately the same number of IS and OOS folks, but 80% of the class is IS.
Scooter817
Full Member
Do we think there will be more decisions sent out today?
I just received an II! My 2nd of the cycle. I am OOS with some ties and was complete 8/10. I also did not complete the SJT exam.
Edit: Man, that post-II OOS acceptance rate is intimidating...
Edit: Man, that post-II OOS acceptance rate is intimidating...
Last edited:
Pre-II R just now. OOS and submitted 8/09/21.
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
II today!! OOS, 510, 3.7, complete 7/15/21
Pretty shocked to be honest, but I'm not questioning it! So stoked!
Pretty shocked to be honest, but I'm not questioning it! So stoked!
frogdogdizzly
Full Member
What's the rate...?I just received an II! My 2nd of the cycle. I am OOS with some ties and was complete 8/10. I also did not complete the SJT exam.
Edit: Man, that post-II OOS acceptance rate is intimidating...
You sure you want to know? The excel sheet for 2021 said 27%. It was even worse the year before.What's the rate...?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete 8/4.When did you complete your secondary?
Has anyone heard back from the 09/23 interview day?
9/23 gang! I have not heard back yet either...Has anyone heard back from the 09/23 interview day?
ii just now!!! IS LM ~64, submitted 07/21!
Last edited:
II just now, submitted a MIIIIINUTE ago. Went to high school in MN but now OOS
Scooter817
Full Member
I haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed we'll hear some good news this week 😁Have the interviewees from 9/21 heard back yet?
D
deleted1101558
I interviewed 9/21 and heard back on 10/29Have the interviewees from 9/21 heard back yet?
Anemic_Vampire
Full Member
Interviewed 9/21, still waiting!
Has anybody been WLed yet?
This might be a dumb question, but do schools have NDAs because they don't change their interview questions throughout the cycle? I'm just wondering why certain schools have this...! I interviewed at Vermont and they had one too
D
deleted1009115
It could be a combo of reusing questions and wanting to keep the interview process fair for those who interview earlier vs later in the cycle.This might be a dumb question, but do schools have NDAs because they don't change their interview questions throughout the cycle? I'm just wondering why certain schools have this...! I interviewed at Vermont and they had one too
But yeah, for Minnesota specially I have heard that many questions are recycled from year to year.
premed2121
New Member
Waitlisted, interviewed on one of the first interview days. Really sad, loved this school and might've been my best chance at admission. OOS, LM 74. Does anyone know how much waitlist movement there is at UMN?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1009115
Historically there has been a good amount of movement, but I hesitate to venture a specific estimate because last year saw very little movement. (Not sure if anyone followed last year's thread but it was a wild ride.) Hopefully they've made adjustments to review everyone's application in a timely manner and return back to regular WL movement.Waitlisted, interviewed on one of the first interview days. Really sad, loved this school and might've been my best chance at admission. OOS, LM 74. Does anyone know how much waitlist movement there is at UMN?
joclarke
New Member
Are there any sort of historical trends with respect to the waitlist? Like are those who are waitlisted earlier more likely to get accepted than those waitlisted later in the cycle or vice versa?Historically there has been a good amount of movement, but I hesitate to venture a specific estimate because last year saw very little movement. (Not sure if anyone followed last year's thread but it was a wild ride.) Hopefully they've made adjustments to review everyone's application in a timely manner and return back to regular WL movement.
Obviously there is no hard data on this but what is the sort of belief?
If you don’t mind sharing - when did you interview?Waitlisted, interviewed on one of the first interview days. Really sad, loved this school and might've been my best chance at admission. OOS, LM 74. Does anyone know how much waitlist movement there is at UMN?
D
deleted1009115
This is just my speculation so take with a grain of salt - Last year, people who were waitlisted early had the best chance of being accepted, simply because the adcom had not fully finished reviewing applicants from the last few months of interviews when they started pulling people off of the WL. In general, I think their system theoretically would give everyone an equal chance of acceptance from the WL, regardless of when they interviewed.Are there any sort of historical trends with respect to the waitlist? Like are those who are waitlisted earlier more likely to get accepted than those waitlisted later in the cycle or vice versa?
Obviously there is no hard data on this but what is the sort of belief?
Last edited by a moderator:
premed2121
New Member
9/16If you don’t mind sharing - when did you interview?