2021-2022 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I completed 7/15 and still haven't heard anything. I also received an II last year.

The process is frustrating but don't let the neuroticism get to y'all. Being on the school's end of the admissions process is quite difficult as well, and from what I've gathered, UMN-TC's admissions isn't as..."efficient" of an operation as some schools.

Hell, I was explicitly told by Duluth admissions staff in the spring that both campuses were going to send out II's at at the end of August. Not only did TC miss that deadline, but from what I can gather, Duluth hasn't even sent out any yet.

Everyone's just gotta be patient. Occupy yourself with a hobby or a job or something to pass the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II !!!!!!!! OOS but with strong ties. i am shaking

Reactions: 8 users
Got rejected about a week ago. OOS LM 73. Didn't really think I had a chance to begin with since I'm OOS but I figured it was worth a shot. Good luck to all of you guys and go Vikings 💪

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey All!

Current student putting in a plug for the U of M. I know it's early in the cycle but if you get a choice, this is the place to be! Want to wish you all luck with this journey. If you are looking for some inspiration, our dean of the med school recently appeared on a med school run podcast and has some wise words for future/aspiring docs:

Good luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hey All!

Current student putting in a plug for the U of M. I know it's early in the cycle but if you get a choice, this is the place to be! Want to wish you all luck with this journey. If you are looking for some inspiration, our dean of the med school recently appeared on a med school run podcast and has some wise words for future/aspiring docs:

Good luck to you all!

Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone have any ideas/tips on how to format the update letter?

Took the SJT today. That’s all I’ll say on the matter hahaha

My primary application was verified in late June, and I still have not received a secondary. My stats are well above their cutoffs. Should I be worried or send an email to someone? I don't want to be rude and email, but I am getting nervous since my primary app was verified and complete 3 months ago

My primary application was verified in late June, and I still have not received a secondary. My stats are well above their cutoffs. Should I be worried or send an email to someone? I don't want to be rude and email, but I am getting nervous since my primary app was verified and complete 3 months ago
Did you receive and complete the campus selection? If so, you should have received a secondary by now. I would reach out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the traditional interview section is open or closed file?

Does anyone know if the traditional interview section is open or closed file?
Have people already gotten interviews? I’m OOS applicant but I have received radio silence even though I applied in June and submitted secondaries throughout July

Have people already gotten interviews? I’m OOS applicant but I have received radio silence even though I applied in June and submitted secondaries throughout July
Yes, interviews have gone out already. The first interview date was on Thursday. No news is good news at this point, there are still many more interviews to go out.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if we're allowed to take any notes during the MMI stations?

OOS
Verified: 8/2, Secondary received, completed: 9/9, 9/13, II invite received 9/22.

• Love
OOS
Verified: 8/2, Secondary received, completed: 9/9, 9/13, II invite received 9/22.
Dang, thats crazy that they responded to you so quickly. Would you mind sharing stats? Congratulations! UMN twin cities or Duluth?

Dang, thats crazy that they responded to you so quickly. Would you mind sharing stats? Congratulations! UMN twin cities or Duluth?
Thank youuu (honestly wasn't expecting a response this soon)
3.8x GPA, 51x MCAT
Twin cities!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when Minnesota will release decisions this year? I saw on last year's thread that they did not release post-II decisions until late November. Is that still the case?

Does anyone know when Minnesota will release decisions this year? I saw on last year's thread that they did not release post-II decisions until late November. Is that still the case?
During my interview they simply said 6-8 weeks post-interview. No specific date was given

Has anyone who was complete on/around 7/27 heard anything back yet?

II just now.

Current available dates are Oct 12th, 13th, and 19th, from 9:00-12:30.

All interviews online, MMI format.

I completed around 7/14.

Also, the application portal says that decisions post-interview can take 10-12 weeks. I'm pretty sure that anywhere they write this out on their website they give themselves a huge buffer, so it most likely won't take that long, but everyone should just be aware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
II just now. LM 74.5, OOS, white guy, complete 7/24

• Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
II just now.

Current available dates are Oct 12th, 13th, and 19th, from 9:00-12:30.

All interviews online, MMI format.

I completed around 7/14.

Also, the application portal says that decisions post-interview can take 10-12 weeks. I'm pretty sure that anywhere they write this out on their website they give themselves a huge buffer, so it most likely won't take that long, but everyone should just be aware.
Congrats!! May I ask your stats & in state/oos?

Got the R today - OOS, no ties, complete late July. Knew it was a long shot, but had my fingers crossed anyways :(
Good luck to those still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the R today - OOS, no ties, complete late July. Knew it was a long shot, but had my fingers crossed anyways :(
Good luck to those still in the running!
I’m so sorry my dude. The Rs just keep coming in. May I ask what day you were complete?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OOS 3.75 51x mcat... went to high school and graduated from a school in the suburbs. Really hoping to hear something back from this school! Congrats to all who have received II!

II received today at 10:50AM PST!! 3.7* 51* MCAT; OOS URM w/ strong reason to go to MN! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
II today, 3.5x 51x, ORM IS and alumni

Hey everyone, I have a question and I would appreciate anyones input on what should be done.

So, I completed my primary application (not sure what date) and my secondary application on 7/23. I have not heard back from the U about an interview invite. Here is my problem: on the primary application, i selected "no" for the following question: Medical schools need to know if they should expect future MCAT scores in support of your application. Do you have an upcoming or recently taken MCAT exam date where official MCAT scores have yet to be released?

The issue is, I ended up taking the MCAT again and I just got my score back today. Do I need to go back into my application and change this to the "Yes" option, and then indicate that I took the test again? Or will the U be updated and know that I already took it again? Another question, if I do go back in and change this to the "Yes" option, will this push me further back in line?

Hey everyone, I have a question and I would appreciate anyones input on what should be done.

So, I completed my primary application (not sure what date) and my secondary application on 7/23. I have not heard back from the U about an interview invite. Here is my problem: on the primary application, i selected "no" for the following question: Medical schools need to know if they should expect future MCAT scores in support of your application. Do you have an upcoming or recently taken MCAT exam date where official MCAT scores have yet to be released?

The issue is, I ended up taking the MCAT again and I just got my score back today. Do I need to go back into my application and change this to the "Yes" option, and then indicate that I took the test again? Or will the U be updated and know that I already took it again? Another question, if I do go back in and change this to the "Yes" option, will this push me further back in line?
I’m almost certain that you cannot change any information once your primary application is complete, so I think going back to check yes is out. I’m not sure if your new MCAT will automatically be sent to schools though. I would send a brief email to admissions explaining your situation, and ask if any action needs to be taken.

This is not a situation I’ve heard of before though, so I’m just speculating. If others have a better idea, please chime in!

I might be wrong but I don’t think the U is requiring the MCAT this year. Either way, you can’t change your primary application but you could call the admissions office and ask what they recommend.
I was told by admissions folks back in the spring that both campuses will be requiring the MCAT this year.

Their website also says that it is required for both campuses.