2021-2022 Morehouse

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who interviewed earlier on- have you sent update letters? I know we won't hear back until late fall, so I'm wondering if there's anything I should be doing in the interim. Thanks!
Interviewed back in August which feels like forever ago. I have not sent any update letters & I have no immediate plans to. My activities are pretty much the same so it wouldn’t have much substance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anxiously waiting for Nov. 1, MSAR states it is the earliest decision date 👀
I wonder if it'll end up being closer to Thanksgiving. That's what it seems like for the past two years unless they're moving through applications faster this year. Either way I'm nervous lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone on the alternate list, I checked MSAR. They have approximately 200 people on the alternate list and 100 get accepted (based on last year).

Also keep in mind that people can get accepted from alternate and turned down the acceptance since they seem to pull applicants later in the cycle off of the alternate list when most interviewed applicants likely have acceptances else where.
 
For everyone on the alternate list, I checked MSAR. They have approximately 200 people on the alternate list and 100 get accepted (based on last year).

Also keep in mind that people can get accepted from alternate and turned down the acceptance since they seem to pull applicants later in the cycle off of the alternate list when most interviewed applicants likely have acceptances else where.
so with a class size of 110, the vast majority of the class comes off the alternate list?
 
so with a class size of 110, the vast majority of the class comes off the alternate list?
I’m not honestly sure about the percentage of their class comes from the alternate list because that 100 that was accepted off of the alternate list doesn’t necessarily mean that all 100 of them matriculated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone on the alternate list, I checked MSAR. They have approximately 200 people on the alternate list and 100 get accepted (based on last year).

Also keep in mind that people can get accepted from alternate and turned down the acceptance since they seem to pull applicants later in the cycle off of the alternate list when most interviewed applicants likely have acceptances else where.
My coworker knows someone who got off the alternate list a few weeks before classes started. So there is hope!