2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Btw has anyone heard of NW's grading system being "Pass/Pass?" As in, if you fail a class, you simply retake the exam until you get a "Pass" grade? I saw this on one of CrackingMedSchoolAdmissions sites but have no idea how true it is.
 
Does anyone know if Feinberg's interviews are open or closed file this year? I saw one source that said last year one was open-file, while the other two were closed file or partially closed. I don't see any info about this on the interview portal or website for this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Feinberg's interviews are open or closed file this year? I saw one source that said last year one was open-file, while the other two were closed file or partially closed. I don't see any info about this on the interview portal or website for this year.
The student interview is closed file and the two faculty interviews are open file.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Do you or an immediate family member have an existing relationship with Feinberg School of Medicine?"

For this question, are they looking for the typical relationships that other schools ask about (parents are alumni/parents on faculty)?

Or because they also ask about "you", would a summer internship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital count?
For MSTP, would having a close collaborator at Northwestern also count?
 
OOS II received on 9/9 at 4pm CT!

Has anyone already interviewed with Feinberg this cycle that can comment on the stress level / how conversational their interview was?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!!! Fellow nontrad OOS here. I caught the R from pritzker today so I hope northwestern will show me some Chicago luv
I got the big R from Pritzker too which made this all the more sweet. :') My fingers are crossed for you.
Congrats! What interview dates are they scheduling for now?
Thank you! I can't see the calendar anymore, but I think it was most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the rest of October. Didn't see any November dates yet.
 
Could anyone who has interviewed here speak to what the virtual interview is like? I've checked the website but just wanted to make sure - they're all 1:1 this year, right? Are they open/closed/partial file?
 
Could anyone who has interviewed here speak to what the virtual interview is like? I've checked the website but just wanted to make sure - they're all 1:1 this year, right? Are they open/closed/partial file?
it's 3 one-on-one interviews about 30 min each. I believe 2 faculty and 1 M4 student (at least mine was). the one with the student is closed-file but the faculty ones are open-file. mine were all pretty conversational - everyone I talked to on interview day (interviewers and admissions staff) were so so nice!!
 
it's 3 one-on-one interviews about 30 min each. I believe 2 faculty and 1 M4 student (at least mine was). the one with the student is closed-file but the faculty ones are open-file. mine were all pretty conversational - everyone I talked to on interview day (interviewers and admissions staff) were so so nice!!
awesome thank you! i am so excited for this one but also very nervous, so that's great to hear!