2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don’t fret everyone, I am an M1 and I didn’t get my II until late January :)
I know it’s still early, but I needed this today. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
II at 11:40! Complete 7/20 LM -73. So pumped for this one!!! Just to ease any anxiety, I received the secondary on the 28th; don’t stress over taking a little longer than the “norm” to complete a better app.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
II at 11:40! Complete 7/20 LM -73. So pumped for this one!!! Just to ease any anxiety, I received the secondary on the 28th; don’t stress over taking a little longer than the “norm” to complete a better app.
Congratulations man, go get that A!

Members don't see this ad :)
URM?

• Dislike
  • Angry
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
Btw has anyone heard of NW's grading system being "Pass/Pass?" As in, if you fail a class, you simply retake the exam until you get a "Pass" grade? I saw this on one of CrackingMedSchoolAdmissions sites but have no idea how true it is.

Does anyone know if Feinberg's interviews are open or closed file this year? I saw one source that said last year one was open-file, while the other two were closed file or partially closed. I don't see any info about this on the interview portal or website for this year.

Reactions: 1 user
II received today! LM 67, OOS, Complete 8/4

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!
But as someone completed 7/12 and radio silence i cry a bit lol :cryi:
Thank you. Your time will come! From my understanding apps are usually stratified and not necessarily reviewed in order. It is still very early in the cycle. I can’t wait to see you report back with an II, so I can celebrate with you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Feinberg's interviews are open or closed file this year? I saw one source that said last year one was open-file, while the other two were closed file or partially closed. I don't see any info about this on the interview portal or website for this year.
The student interview is closed file and the two faculty interviews are open file.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like it’s been relatively quiet here pleaaaase feinberg show some love

Reactions: 2 users
II! Complete 7/9, URM. Most exciting thing to me about this is the fact I made a mistake in my application and they looked past it 🥺 Very grateful & excited to interview

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
just received an II! complete 7/13

• Love
Not sure but I submitted in July 2 and have had radio silence so maybe it's a soft R 🙃

Anyone have any idea when the Rs may start rolling in?
If it's comforting at all - I just received an II today even though I submitted July 3rd. Don't lose hope!

Congrats to everyone with IIs! Trying to remain patient, seems like they’re not necessarily going in order of complete date here 🙏🏼

• Care
"Do you or an immediate family member have an existing relationship with Feinberg School of Medicine?"

For this question, are they looking for the typical relationships that other schools ask about (parents are alumni/parents on faculty)?

Or because they also ask about "you", would a summer internship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital count?
For MSTP, would having a close collaborator at Northwestern also count?

OOS II received on 9/9 at 4pm CT!

Has anyone already interviewed with Feinberg this cycle that can comment on the stress level / how conversational their interview was?

OOS II received on 9/9 at 4pm CT!

Has anyone already interviewed with Feinberg this cycle that can comment on the stress level / how conversational their interview was?
Very relaxed/conversational (no stress!), and by far the nicest interviewers yet for me

I am debating on whether I should submit my secondary this late. My primary was verified on 07/22 and I have an LM score of 67.

Are there any pre-II rejections going out yet? I was complete on August 8th.

II today! complete 7/5, OOS, super nontrad. I'm really excited for this one.

Reactions: 5 users
II today! complete 7/5, OOS, super nontrad. I'm really excited for this one.
Congrats!!!!! Fellow nontrad OOS here. I caught the R from pritzker today so I hope northwestern will show me some Chicago luv

Congrats!!!!! Fellow nontrad OOS here. I caught the R from pritzker today so I hope northwestern will show me some Chicago luv
I got the big R from Pritzker too which made this all the more sweet. :') My fingers are crossed for you.
Congrats! What interview dates are they scheduling for now?
Thank you! I can't see the calendar anymore, but I think it was most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the rest of October. Didn't see any November dates yet.

Could anyone who has interviewed here speak to what the virtual interview is like? I've checked the website but just wanted to make sure - they're all 1:1 this year, right? Are they open/closed/partial file?

Could anyone who has interviewed here speak to what the virtual interview is like? I've checked the website but just wanted to make sure - they're all 1:1 this year, right? Are they open/closed/partial file?
it's 3 one-on-one interviews about 30 min each. I believe 2 faculty and 1 M4 student (at least mine was). the one with the student is closed-file but the faculty ones are open-file. mine were all pretty conversational - everyone I talked to on interview day (interviewers and admissions staff) were so so nice!!

it's 3 one-on-one interviews about 30 min each. I believe 2 faculty and 1 M4 student (at least mine was). the one with the student is closed-file but the faculty ones are open-file. mine were all pretty conversational - everyone I talked to on interview day (interviewers and admissions staff) were so so nice!!
awesome thank you! i am so excited for this one but also very nervous, so that's great to hear!