You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
In my interview they said near the end of November people would hear about A or WL. If you are WL then it’s not until like end of cycleDoes anyone know how long it takes to hear back after your interview? Seems like they're getting back very slow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone who interviewed and got the post-interview gift package tell me what is in it? Apparently my address was wrong on AMCAS so I haven't gotten it yet. Also side note: the admissions office just called me to tell me to update my address and I totally thought it was an A call 🙁
veganredpanda
Full Member
It's a physical packet with all of the information available in the applicant resources of the portal.Can someone who interviewed and got the post-interview gift package tell me what is in it? Apparently my address was wrong on AMCAS so I haven't gotten it yet. Also side note: the admissions office just called me to tell me to update my address and I totally thought it was an A call 🙁
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Hey now, they also gave us a pen and a little notebook. Don't sleep on that 😤It's a physical packet with all of the information available in the applicant resources of the portal.
The mask was the real gem 😤Hey now, they also gave us a pen and a little notebook. Don't sleep on that 😤
I didn't get a mask but got a webcam cover with the Northwestern logo on it in addition to the pen and notebook, thought it was nice 🙂The mask was the real gem 😤
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
I didn't get either of those. Guess we know who is gonna get that fat R now :/I didn't get a mask but got a webcam cover with the Northwestern logo on it in addition to the pen and notebook, thought it was nice 🙂
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
If similar to last year, it'll be the 29th or 30th!are we thinking next week for decisions or the week of the 30th?
toooblivious21
Full Member
Hi! Does anyone know if it's too late to submit a letter of continued interest before initial decisions at the end of November?
Does anyone know if this school is receptive to pre-II update letters or letters of interest? Their application complete email said "Please do not submit any additional materials (including additional Letters of Recommendation) until after your FSM interview, unless you receive a request from the Office of MD Admissions to do so". However, on the portal there is an option to specifically upload Pre-II updates/LOIs.
D
deleted1110208
Weird... My application complete email said "Although you are welcome to submit updates and other communications to FSM via the Applicant Portal through the "Document Upload" tab, please only send additional Letters of Recommendation after you have been invited to interview."Does anyone know if this school is receptive to pre-II update letters or letters of interest? Their application complete email said "Please do not submit any additional materials (including additional Letters of Recommendation) until after your FSM interview, unless you receive a request from the Office of MD Admissions to do so". However, on the portal there is an option to specifically upload Pre-II updates/LOIs.
I guess we got different complete emails then?
Ahh wait what, I wonder why. What day were you complete, if you don't mind me asking?Weird... My application complete email said "Although you are welcome to submit updates and other communications to FSM via the Applicant Portal through the "Document Upload" tab, please only send additional Letters of Recommendation after you have been invited to interview."
I guess we got different complete emails then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, for those who submitted pre-II letters, did you email admissions to let them know you uploaded to the portal? Sorry for any neuroticism lol
D
deleted1110208
I was complete 8/16Ahh wait what, I wonder why. What day were you complete, if you don't mind me asking?
D
deleted1110208
I submitted one, but did not email admissions. Ended up getting an II a few weeks later!Also, for those who submitted pre-II letters, did you email admissions to let them know you uploaded to the portal? Sorry for any neuroticism lol
Ok thank you! And congrats on your II 🙂I submitted one, but did not email admissions. Ended up getting an II a few weeks later!
I was wondering the same thing... I think I'm going to try to submit one tonight... it can't hurt!Hi! Does anyone know if it's too late to submit a letter of continued interest before initial decisions at the end of November?
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
Do we think decisions are coming out this week or next?
D
deleted1121671
They said last week that it would for sure be after Thanksgiving, and probably on the very last day of November. I think it’s safe to assume we’ll hear back next Tuesday.Do we think decisions are coming out this week or next?
When did you interview?They said last week that it would for sure be after Thanksgiving, and probably on the very last day of November. I think it’s safe to assume we’ll hear back next Tuesday.
D
deleted1121671
I interviewed in early October -- They gave an update about decision release at the town hall last week. Also, it sounded like the cutoff for November decisions is if you interviewed during the second to last week of October (10/18 - 10/22). I'm not sure, but they made it sound like if you interviewed in the last week of October your decision will be delayed by a week or so.When did you interview?
April-Cancer
Full Member
I interviewed at the end of October and they told us we were probably some of the last ones that would be a part of the end of November decisions so I think it's probably a start of November cutoffI interviewed in early October -- They gave an update about decision release at the town hall last week. Also, it sounded like the cutoff for November decisions is if you interviewed during the second to last week of October (10/18 - 10/22). I'm not sure, but they made it sound like if you interviewed in the last week of October your decision will be delayed by a week or so.
I really hope so!!! I interviewed end of October too and I interpreted Dean Kundu's words during the Town Hall as meaning we wouldn't hear back until March. Here's to hoping they stick with the November cutoff! At this rate I will spontaneously combust from stress before MarchI interviewed at the end of October and they told us we were probably some of the last ones that would be a part of the end of November decisions so I think it's probably a start of November cutoff
when you guys uploaded an update letter, do you see it in your portal? I thought I submitted one a while ago but I can't see it and now I'm not sure
D
deleted1110208
I can see mine under the Document Upload tabwhen you guys uploaded an update letter, do you see it in your portal? I thought I submitted one a while ago but I can't see it and now I'm not sure
KanekiS1E12
Full Member
II earlier today. LM 72, WARS 88, OOS. Complete ~Sept 20th
Wait so is everyone guaranteed to get their decision at the end of November? For some reason, I had it in my head that only a couple acceptances go out in November and the majority are March (maybe the couple of acceptances comprises all of the early interviews?).I interviewed in early October -- They gave an update about decision release at the town hall last week. Also, it sounded like the cutoff for November decisions is if you interviewed during the second to last week of October (10/18 - 10/22). I'm not sure, but they made it sound like if you interviewed in the last week of October your decision will be delayed by a week or so.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. LM 78, OOS no ties, complete 7/13II earlier today. LM 72, WARS 88, OOS. Complete ~Sept 20th
from what i remember, everyone hears back, but only few will get an early acceptance. most will be told that we have a delayed/deferred decision until March. i interviewed in October tho so maybe it's different for later interviews.Wait so is everyone guaranteed to get their decision at the end of November? For some reason, I had it in my head that only a couple acceptances go out in November and the majority are March (maybe the couple of acceptances comprises all of the early interviews?).
II LM 77.7, OOS, complete in July. Interview Dates for the start of December.
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
Did you receive it today (Sunday)?II LM 77.7, OOS, complete in July. Interview Dates for the start of December.
Weirdly enough, Yes. At 8 PM ET.Did you receive it today (Sunday)?
Anyone else hoping (in vain likely) that we hear back today instead of tomorrow haha?
II today, stats in signature, complete 6/29 (there is hope for us early submitters!). I submitted a letter of interest last week so I guess it helped!
dojacat2000
Full Member
Seems like tomorrow’s the big day!!!!Anyone else hoping (in vain likely) that we hear back today instead of tomorrow haha?
ChemistryisFON
Full Member
What are the odds that we get rug pulled on this
Hopefully about the same as the odds I get an AWhat are the odds that we get rug pulled on this
serotonin1
Full Member
As someone who knows they won’t be hearing back til January, good luck everyone! Manifesting for you all!
Til January? Which interview dates will hear back then?As someone who knows they won’t be hearing back til January, good luck everyone! Manifesting for you all!
serotonin1
Full Member
November and December interviewees! I was beginning of NovemberTil January? Which interview dates will hear back then?
Gotcha thanks for letting me know!November and December interviewees! I was beginning of November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
April-Cancer
Full Member
One of the easier ones for sure for me. Everyone was super friendly and I actually liked having 3 different traditional interviews instead of just the normal 1 or 2, I felt like I got to talk in depth about something different for each one. I know it's easier said than done but just relax, you don't have much to worry about.How were y'alls interviews? Have mine coming up soon and am kinda nervous since this is def one of my top choices 😩
One of my interviewers also let me know that relative to most other schools they don't have many II's compared to class size so you actually have a really good chance of an A just by being invited!
Yeah I felt this interview was pretty laid back and my interviewers were super kind.One of the easier ones for sure for me. Everyone was super friendly and I actually liked having 3 different traditional interviews instead of just the normal 1 or 2, I felt like I got to talk in depth about something different for each one. I know it's easier said than done but just relax, you don't have much to worry about.
One of my interviewers also let me know that relative to most other schools they don't have many II's compared to class size so you actually have a really good chance of an A just by being invited!
Got the A! Interviewed 8/25
Did they call you or was it an email?Got the A! Interviewed 8/25
Did they call you or was it an email?