2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it's 3 one-on-one interviews about 30 min each. I believe 2 faculty and 1 M4 student (at least mine was). the one with the student is closed-file but the faculty ones are open-file. mine were all pretty conversational - everyone I talked to on interview day (interviewers and admissions staff) were so so nice!!
I'll echo this! Overall, they have such a seamless interview day and everyone is genuinely happy to see you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw on their doc upload in the portal there's an option for Pre-II LOI. Anyone know how they view these//whether or not it's worth submitting one?

I saw on their doc upload in the portal there's an option for Pre-II LOI. Anyone know how they view these//whether or not it's worth submitting one?
n=1 but I got an II about 2 weeks after I sent in an update, and I sneaked in a little love note to Feinberg in it too lol. Of course no idea if the two are linked, but especially if you have an update to couple it with, it might not hurt

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning, OOS, complete 7/6 :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was complete 7/27 and have heard nothing yet. Are we thinking that's a silent R?

I was complete 7/27 and have heard nothing yet. Are we thinking that's a silent R?
Complete 7/13 and nothing either.... similarly concerned. My birthday is soon and all I want for it is an II here pls God :( this is my top choice.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Received an II! May or may not have shed some tears of joy. Complete 7/13, OOS ORM.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from feinberg and made my heart stop for a sec. Just a news letter for prospective students :(

• Angry
Reactions: 14 users
Subject “Feinberg School of Medicine” for a newsletter R U KIDDING lol I about had a heart attack I was so excited it was an II

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users
My heart is still racing from that email 🤬

Reactions: 6 users
Unsubscribing from those emails has me like:
1634330559050.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone who interviewed in September receive (or not receive?) a mail package with a bunch of materials about the school? I'm surprised no one has mentioned it on here, that one really gave me a heart attack lol.

Did anyone who interviewed in September receive (or not receive?) a mail package with a bunch of materials about the school? I'm surprised no one has mentioned it on here, that one really gave me a heart attack lol.
Yup! Got it a few weeks ago, came about a week after I interviewed.

Hey everyone, I was wondering if doing a pre II LOI update is different than a general application update in the portal. I submitted an update letter a month ago under the general update label without knowing about the pre II one. Should I send another update under the pre-II LOI label?

Has anybody who applied late august had any movement with their app?

II just received! Complete 6/30. Very excited for this one :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats! What dates were available / how far are they scheduling out?
Early November!

Also, I submitted an update two days ago so would recommend if you have anything meaningful to add! Who knows if it actually helped me or I was simply next in line.

Early November!

Also, I submitted an update two days ago so would recommend if you have anything meaningful to add! Who knows if it actually helped me or I was simply next in line.
what did you update them on, if you don't mind me asking? i sent in an update a couple weeks ago

Could somebody kindly link me to the application portal login page? I've lost it somewhere in the abyss...

II! Complete 7/22, LM 83, OOS, ORM, also submitted a letter of interest two days ago

• Love
Congrats! What did you include in your letter of interest since it was pre-II?
I just went on the website and talked about features of their curriculum that I was interested in and then related some of it to my current research, so it was also a partial update letter

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back post-interview yet?
Idk if it was different for earlier interviews but at mine last week they said the first decisions would come out at the end of this month, but most would hear a final decision some time in February

This school doesn't do pre-II Rs, does it? So no news means no news until there's news? Ugh.

Very unexpected II! OOS/no ties, Info in signature. Complete 8/27

• Care
HFDSLKAFJDLJ II JUST NOW OMG!!!! The universe really just listened to me complain earlier and said hold up!!! 😭 Complete 8/17, URM, OOS.

• Care