2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Takeaway from this thread for 2022 applicants: northwestern loves pre-II updates
I think they also like post-II updates & letters of interest…wrote them a lengthy love/beg letter after my interview and got that A lmao

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Damn maybe I should send an update but I don’t got any updates lmao

Reactions: 4 users
Sent a letter of continued interest and got an II in about 2-3 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I submitted my secondary in July and also submitted an update in September. However, when I uploaded the update, I did not upload it as a pre-interview interest bcz I didn't even see the option. Instead, I said it was a general application update. Would it be wise to submit another update? I still haven't heard from them.

Hey everyone, I submitted my secondary in July and also submitted an update in September. However, when I uploaded the update, I did not upload it as a pre-interview interest bcz I didn't even see the option. Instead, I said it was a general application update. Would it be wise to submit another update? I still haven't heard from them.
+1

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. Complete july 15th. Thought I was cooked, these things work in mysterious ways

• Love
Just wanted to say this was BY FAR the best interview experience I've had and it blew me away how amazing feinberg is!! Really hoping for an A next month 😭

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how Feinburg views letters of intent? Absolutely fell in LOVE with this school during my interview day and would attend over all my other interviews and acceptances if admitted but not sure when the best time to send one would be (if its even a good idea)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how Feinburg views letters of intent? Absolutely fell in LOVE with this school during my interview day and would attend over all my other interviews and acceptances if admitted but not sure when the best time to send one would be (if its even a good idea)
I sent a letter of continued interest/intent and was accepted…seems as though they really like them…

Members don't see this ad :)
The last (and only) monthly newsletter I have received was on 10/15, I assume they have sent more out since? Also, does this mean that I am out of contention/how badly does this bode for my app?

II just now. IS, LM 74.5, white boy. Sent an update letter 3 weeks ago.

• Okay...
Do we think decisions for the Nov/Dec interviews will come out on January 7th or January 14th? I can't take this wait, I'm so nervous you guys :cryi:

Do we think decisions for the Nov/Dec interviews will come out on January 7th or January 14th? I can't take this wait, I'm so nervous you guys :cryi:
I’m not sure when, but I’m with you on the wait. I still haven’t got an A yet, and all my friends and coworkers are telling me to just relax over break but it’s so hard not to think about it when it’s your future. Hang in there, sending you peaceful vibes cofactor!!

• Care
Do you guys think it'd be a good idea to send a letter of interest without any meaningful updates?

Do you guys think it'd be a good idea to send a letter of interest without any meaningful updates?
Pre-II, you'll probably want some sort of meaningful update. Post-II, maybe you can reiterate your interest in attending Feinberg!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, so far I’ve sent two updates and still haven’t heard anything. My first update was a “General Application Update” and the second was “Pre-II Update”. Is there still hope?

September interviewees who were deferred in November shouldn't expect any word until March, correct? Or do decisions come out in small batches?

Sent an update with some continued interest in it about a month ago but didn't get that II

This trend is failing me!

• Care
Does feinberg send out Rs at this point in the cycle or do they just ghost you?

Hey guys, quick question. I want to send an update letter, but on the document upload tab it says "Please DO NOT include any personal identification #'s in your update." For anyone that did send an update letter, did this include your AMCAS ID? I've been adding my AMCAS ID to all of my updates. Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question. I want to send an update letter, but on the document upload tab it says "Please DO NOT include any personal identification #'s in your update." For anyone that did send an update letter, did this include your AMCAS ID? I've been adding my AMCAS ID to all of my updates. Thanks!
I included my AMCAS ID on my update letter as well. I think they might mean SSN when they say that.

Did everyone who interviewed in nov/dec get the email about them releasing decisions by Jan 21? Do you think all decisions will be released on that day or will they release some on Jan 14 and some on Jan 21?

Did everyone who interviewed in nov/dec get the email about them releasing decisions by Jan 21? Do you think all decisions will be released on that day or will they release some on Jan 14 and some on Jan 21?
the wording said Before the 21st, so i assume some will be before

II today! sent pre-II update/interest 12/20!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you find out who your interviewers are in advance? I have an upcoming interview but have not received anything yet. Thanks!

Do you find out who your interviewers are in advance? I have an upcoming interview but have not received anything yet. Thanks!
You find out like 15 minutes before the start of the interview day

I am really hoping today is the day. For people who were given their decision in November, what time did they notify you?
last year they sent stuff on both 1/15 and 1/22 so I am hopeful also!!! I got my II pretty late (5:45 est) so im gonna stay hopeful until like 7!!

I think they sent stuff throughout the day in November. People heard as early as 12:00, some at like 3pm est.

I am HIGHLY anticipating this Friday. Will not be needing any coffee

Any chance we could hear back tomorrow? I know in the past they’ve sometimes released decisions on Tuesdays…