2021-2022 Ohio State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping for good news today or tomorrow from OSU but all of Ohio is in a bad winter storm right now. They cancelled all in person classes today and I assume that also means the adcom won't be in the rest of the week either lol
 
Any OOS accepted applicants here want to discuss how to qualify for IS tuition?
I haven’t even been interviewed yet but I’ve looked into a bit. It’s my understanding that they do everything they can to get you to qualify as an MS1, but as long as you have established residence by the time you’re an MS2 you’ll get IS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does OSU send the tour invite email to everyone who interviewed? Confused that I got one, since I was deferred
 
Does anyone know if they like LOI? This is my alma mater and I would really love to come back but no II yet 🙁 I sent an update at the end of November but am considering a more specific LOI now.
 
Hey for anyone that has already been interviewed, how long were the actual interviews with the faculty and student/resident? Thanks in advance!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey for anyone that has already been interviewed, how long were the actual interviews with the faculty and student/resident? Thanks in advance!!
My OSU interviews were also the most relaxed I’ve ever been. The doctor/student interviewers were so nice and so conversational. Just an overall amazing experience that I’m sure you will enjoy too!!
 
My OSU interviews were also the most relaxed I’ve ever been. The doctor/student interviewers were so nice and so conversational. Just an overall amazing experience that I’m sure you will enjoy too!!
That's awesome!! I have been SO nervous for all my other interviews but feel so good about this one and all the reassurance. Good luck to you with this application cycle! 🙂
 
Did we have to do anything for our LORs besides designating them to OSU on AMCAS? I’m playing around on the OSU self service site rn and there’s an option to add references which is kinda confusing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred. Anyone know what the timeline for decisions on deferred applications is like?
Committee meets every two weeks to decide, then deferred list becomes a waitlist in April. Just judging from your username you’ve probably got ties to Columbus so you could probably write a pretty strong LOI.
 
What are the chances of getting in off the deferred/wait list? Do most people make it? Do some end up rejected?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad