You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Quinnipiac
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1/21Mind sharing when you interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you sent them an update letter with the things you've been doing since finishing your application? I hadn't heard anything from them until about this time last year but was then extended an interview following an update letter I sent in mid/late February. This, of course, is only useful if you've been actively improving your resume, but can be a great way to express continued interest at this point in the application cycle.Haven’t heard a peep from this school since applying. 😞
Yeah I sent an update like two month ago. Don’t really have anything else to send. I’m taking a few classes rn but won’t have grades until May.Have you sent them an update letter with the things you've been doing since finishing your application? I hadn't heard anything from them until about this time last year but was then extended an interview following an update letter I sent in mid/late February. This, of course, is only useful if you've been actively improving your resume, but can be a great way to express continued interest at this point in the application cycle.
That’s fair - I just wanted to make sure you’d exhausted your options at least. It took me two cycles, I know how agonizing it can be. Hang in there.Yeah I sent an update like two month ago. Don’t really have anything else to send. I’m taking a few classes rn but won’t have grades until May.
No, I’m a current M1 but was a late interview and was waitlisted this time last year.We’re you waitlisted? And, if so, when did you get off the waitlist?
No, but they're not done yet. hang in there.Does anyone know when they’re done sending interview
A an hour ago, Alxamdulilah!!! Good luck to you all! Interviewed 1/28.Do you guys think some acceptance calls will be made today? Has anyone who interview 1/28 heard back yet?
Last edited:
D
deleted1126532
A an hour ago, Alxamdulilah!!! Good luck to you all!
Congratulations!!
A an hour ago, Alxamdulilah!!! Good luck to you all!
Thank you!!!!Congratulations!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1126532
idk if this has any meaningful value but it looks like on last year's thread IIs were being sent out end of March with the last II post on 4/1 [emoji2369]. Anyone brave enough to contact admissions? [emoji28]
When I emailed them, they said they would be sending out interviews through mid March
neuroticism101
Full Member
A this morning! Interviewed 2/25
A this morning
+1. Interview 2/21A this morning! Interviewed 2/25
Haven't heard anything from this school since applying. Was complete in July.
Same, but have they issued any Rs yet? They might R us all at the end?Haven't heard anything from this school since applying. Was complete in July.
+2!! II 2/7A this morning
+1. Interview 2/21
There is a facebook group, the link should be in the accepted student information that you received/will receive shortly after being accepted.Is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
Do you have to accept the acceptance first? I haven’t gotten an additional email, only my acceptance email.There is a facebook group, the link should be in the accepted student information that you received/will receive shortly after being accepted.
I’m not too sure about that, I’m an M2 and materials were mailed to me back when I was accepted so I’m not sure what the procedure/timeline is now. I’d recommend emailing admissions and asking for the link to the Facebook group if you haven’t received it yet.Do you have to accept the acceptance first? I haven’t gotten an additional email, only my acceptance email.
mid julyWhen were you complete?
nanibear011
New Member
Has anyone sent a letter of intent to this school post-interview? It's only been ~3 weeks since my interview, debating whether to send one or wait until I hear back (if waitlisted, it might have more impact?).
Congrats!! What days were available?just received an II, super unexpected! will most likely be turning it down tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
March 21st, 23rd, 25th & 28th!Congrats!! What days were available?
Premedgal1
Full Member
Does anyone know of any places/areas Netter students typically live in?
Anyone gotten any financial aid information yet or a second email with more information?
I’d say the majority of students live in either East Rock, Hamden, or North Haven. At least that’s my observation anyway. I lived in Hamden this year and am moving to North Haven for next year. Both of those two towns are pretty quiet suburbs, with North Haven being a little closer to campus. East Rock is a neighborhood of New Haven that is generally a little more bustling, so if you’re into the social scene of being close to the city that’s probably the best bet.Does anyone know of any places/areas Netter students typically live in?
Do they do pre-II Rs here? I got nothing yet and I don't know if I can be hopeful
That 12 days turn around. Congrats!Accepted just now! Interviewed 3/4
nanibear011
New Member
Accepted!!!!! 😊 Interviewed 2/18
D
deleted897683
What dates were available?Withdrawing from an interview here fingers crossed it goes to one of you lovely folks!
Can't remember exactly, few dates in the upcoming weeks. Next Tuesday is oneWhat dates were available?
nanibear011
New Member
Any current students who can speak to their MeSH and clerkship experience at Netter? Any information is much appreciated!
maddandadd
Full Member
Do they do pre-II Rs here? I got nothing yet and I don't know if I can be hopeful
This is a good question. Has anyone gotten a pre-II R yet?
Like I sent you $100 nearly 8 months ago. Just reject me you cowards so I can gray you out on my Excel sheet. You're one of only 3 schools that have been complete radio-silence for me and it's unprofessional stop wasting my time and very limited brain space omg I'm so over this process can you guys tell lol
premed_02114
New Member
Just an update on the II situation-- multiple days available in April as well. Got an II 3/17 a few days after emailing to see if my app was still on file (silence since July before this). ORM, 518, 3.7. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if Netter accepts LOIs post WL decision?
In your email, did you basically just ask if you're still being considered for an interview?Just an update on the II situation-- multiple days available in April as well. Got an II 3/17 a few days after emailing to see if my app was still on file (silence since July before this). ORM, 518, 3.7. Good luck everyone!
Can anyone give any feedback on the interview experience here?
Mine was a while back but this is what I remember: It was a group interview day. It started with a welcome from the dean, introduce yourself, student panel, school info, etc. Then, you had two faculty interviews. After your interviews, you go back and learn more about the school (e.g. financial aid, curriculum, etc.) and have a talk with Dr. Yeckel. The panel with Dr. Yeckel isn't an interview - it's just for everyone to get to know each other a little better.Can anyone give any feedback on the interview experience here?
The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. They definitely make you feel welcome. I feel like the interviews were more so you could learn about the school. They asked a few traditional interview questions (Tell me about yourself, why medicine, why us, etc.) but nothing even remotely close to difficult.
Edit: Everything except the faculty interviews was done as a group. Faculty interviews are one-on-one but your peers are present for everything else.
Last edited:
Thank you!! Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them after the interview?Mine was a while back but this is what I remember: It was an interview day. Started with a welcome from the dean, introduce yourself, student panel, school info, etc. Then, you had two faculty interviews. Then, you go back and learn more about the school (e.g. financial aid, curriculum, etc.) and have a talk with Dr. Yeckel.
The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. They definitely make you feel welcome. I feel like the interviews were more so you could learn about the school. They asked a few traditional interview questions (Tell me about yourself, why medicine, why us, etc.) but nothing even remotely close to difficult.