You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Two 30 min faculty interviews, or 1 faculty and 1 student interview! Relatively chill but make sure to know your app well.Does anyone who's already interviewed her have any information on what the interview was like?
Anybody complete 7/17 or earlier not hear back? Does anybody know if Stony reviews apps in chronological order?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does interview day include info sessions? Or is it only the two 30min interviews? If someone could share when the interview day starts and ends, that would be great!
Just two interviews with the opportunity to attend info sessions in the subsequent days (they run on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Since there is no interview "day," the start and end will be variable and different for each applicantDoes interview day include info sessions? Or is it only the two 30min interviews? If someone could share when the interview day starts and ends, that would be great!
Thank you for letting me know!Just two interviews with the opportunity to attend info sessions in the subsequent days (they run on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Since there is no interview "day," the start and end will be variable and different for each applicant
i finally got the stony brook II BUT THE EARLIEST OPTION IS IN DECEMBER AHHHYo im shookkkkk. im legit at work right now just in complete SHOCKKKK
thank you!!!! :') you next !
are December interviews considered late?
YOOOO LET'S GOOO!!!!! I think you're right on time homie!! I know a student who goes there currently that didn't interview until January. Go kill that interview you'll do great 🙂))i finally got the stony brook II BUT THE EARLIEST OPTION IS IN DECEMBER AHHH
are December interviews considered late?
My friend is confused. He has 1 faculty and 1 student interviewer.Two 30 min faculty interviews, or 1 faculty and 1 student interview! Relatively chill but make sure to know your app well.
So 1 30 min. with the faculty + 1 30 min. with the student?
Wdym by relatively chill? this is his only II so far so TIA!!!
Hey! Yeah so I personally had two faculty interviews but ik others (your friend included!) who have had 1 faculty and 1 student interview! So in this case yes, unless they changed anything in the past month, your friend will have a 30 min interview w the faculty and 30 min with the student.My friend is confused. He has 1 faculty and 1 student interviewer.
So 1 30 min. with the faculty + 1 30 min. with the student?
Wdym by relatively chill? this is his only II so far so TIA!!!
It was chill in that I didn't feel like I was being grilled, but it was also less conversational because you have only 30 min for the interviewer to get to know you, your motivations for attending stony, and motivations for becoming a doc. I personally reviewed my primary/secondary, then used the stony brook sdn interview page for practice and I felt like that did the job (IDK RESULTS YET BUT I HOPE THIS IS THE CASE LOL)
keeppushing99
Full Member
IS II about a minute ago!! Complete 8/14
gogomed0000
Full Member
Does anyone know if we hear decisions on the 15th if we've already interviewed? Or if it's a 6-8 weeks sort of thing?
PreMed1786682
Full Member
II this morning! Earliest interview date Mid-December. Does anyone know if that's too late or know of anyone who interviewed that late in the past and got in? Sorry this is my top choice MD school but I don't want to get too excited if there's no hope.
Would you mind saying when you were complete?II this morning! Earliest interview date Mid-December. Does anyone know if that's too late or know of anyone who interviewed that late in the past and got in? Sorry this is my top choice MD school but I don't want to get too excited if there's no hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PreMed1786682
Full Member
IS complete 7/22Would you mind saying when you were complete?
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Great, thank you. Super excited. Good luck to you🙂im also scheduled for mid december, and I'm sure people have gotten in from our time. december isn't early by any means but it isn't late @PreMed1786682
noodlechicken1
Full Member
I get mixed responses but I don't know if early interviews influence the decision (if I am wrong please let me know lol). December still seems pretty early to me, not gonna lie. I am interviewing a week from today but I think you are alright. Can't change the placement of your interview, be thankful you got one and knock it out of the park.II this morning! Earliest interview date Mid-December. Does anyone know if that's too late or know of anyone who interviewed that late in the past and got in? Sorry this is my top choice MD school but I don't want to get too excited if there's no hope.
artificial_direction
New Member
II this morning (submitted 8/24 with confirmed complete on 9/5)! Only interview dates available were in the first week of January...
how many weeks to hear back is standard?
Current M1, I interviewed in late January. You will be fine! I have many friends here who interviewed in January/February.I get mixed responses but I don't know if early interviews influence the decision (if I am wrong please let me know lol). December still seems pretty early to me, not gonna lie. I am interviewing a week from today but I think you are alright. Can't change the placement of your interview, be thankful you got one and knock it out of the park.
Last edited:
Niceee I still have a chance then lololIS complete 7/22
D
deleted1111654
Does anyone know when we are to start hearing back?
noodlechicken1
Full Member
In the info session, the dean said she would be sending out acceptances tomorrow....Does anyone know when we are to start hearing back?
gogomed0000
Full Member
ahhh do you think this still applies if we didn't interview 'til last week hahaha?In the info session, the dean said she would be sending out acceptances tomorrow....
D
deleted1111654
When did you interview?In the info session, the dean said she would be sending out acceptances tomorrow....
noodlechicken1
Full Member
I am interviewing tomorrow (10/15). I went to the information session today and she said to expect a reply 6 weeks from your interview and they are starting to send them out tomorrowWhen did you interview?
D
deleted1092328
II
MSTP
complete late sept
MSTP
complete late sept
Withdrew from consideration today. Best of luck to y'all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!! my absolute top choice, i never even thought i would get an interview i cannot believe it!!!
Email, interviewed 9/16Congrats!! When was your interview and was it in email or portal?
mm_premedstudent
Full Member
Alright fellow accepted fam - first of all: congrats! second of all: what is this email of intention to enroll supposed to look like exactly?
I just replied to the same email thanking them and stating I intended to enroll.Alright fellow accepted fam - first of all: congrats! second of all: what is this email of intention to enroll supposed to look like exactly?
Are interviews basically over here?
noodlechicken1
Full Member
I interviewed today and can confirm I did not get accepted yet 😱Has anyone who interviewed after 9/20 been accepted?
D
deleted1111654
😫😫I interviewed today and can confirm I did not get accepted yet 😱
9/10!When did you intervwi
mm_premedstudent
Full Member
Awesome, thanks! This is non-binding I assume?I just replied to the same email thanking them and stating I intended to enroll.
Yeah, from my understanding this is just you saying you are interested in enrolling and accept their offer, you dont commit until may i believe, so you can still accept other places if you so choose.Awesome, thanks! This is non-binding I assume?
i dont think anyone who interviewed after the 20th has gotten As yetanybody waiting for news after interviewing in late September ~~~~ pls
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there. I was just curious. I completed my secondary on 08/24 and I'm OOS. I haven't heard anything yet. Should I assume that this is a silent rejection?
D
deleted1092328
noHey there. I was just curious. I completed my secondary on 08/24 and I'm OOS. I haven't heard anything yet. Should I assume that this is a silent rejection?
messypremed
Full Member
Got the acceptance email! Interviewed 9/27 literally shaking
D
deleted1119327
A! Have 0 connection and OOS.