2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II still being sent out for this school? / Did anyone receive a pre II R yet? I'm still waiting to see if they will do an interview... :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A received yesterday from a 21 October interview! OOS with no ties!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A yesterday as well! Interviewed 10/21, 3.81 518 IS

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, can people who have interviewed here pls tell me the EXACT length of their two interviews? Would love multiple responses to get a better idea. Thanks!
1 hour each with physician and M2

Have an interview here this week. Can anyone mention the types of questions asked? Is it standard questions or high stress? Also from the email I received, it is just 2 mandatory interviews and optional info sessions that we can attend right?

Have an interview here this week. Can anyone mention the types of questions asked? Is it standard questions or high stress? Also from the email I received, it is just 2 mandatory interviews and optional info sessions that we can attend right?
My interview with a faculty was low-stress and was more like a conversation than an interview. The med student however kept firing questions at me and I felt pretty stressed about that one. Based on how my interview went, be prepared to get asked about literally anything on your app! They asked me specific questions about my activities and personal statement.

And yes that's correct only two required interviews and the info sessions are optional.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!

The faculty interviewer was super sweet and conversational. She knew my app really well, and asked thoughtful questions that actually made the conversation easy.

The student interview was chill for me. He had a couple questions prepared but it was not a drill. He spoke highly of clubs/his excitement for research he was entering and the support he was getting for it. Answered a lot of questions.

Overall it was enjoyable :)

Reactions: 1 users
My interview with a faculty was low-stress and was more like a conversation than an interview. The med student however kept firing questions at me and I felt pretty stressed about that one. Based on how my interview went, be prepared to get asked about literally anything on your app! They asked me specific questions about my activities and personal statement.

And yes that's correct only two required interviews and the info sessions are optional.
Congratulations!

The faculty interviewer was super sweet and conversational. She knew my app really well, and asked thoughtful questions that actually made the conversation easy.

The student interview was chill for me. He had a couple questions prepared but it was not a drill. He spoke highly of clubs/his excitement for research he was entering and the support he was getting for it. Answered a lot of questions.

Overall it was enjoyable :)
Is it weird that I have two faculty interviews? Both of the names in my email are clearly professors/doctors working in the departments.

When do you get information regarding information sessions? I received an invitation for an interview (which is all the way in March) and they briefly mentioned that there are info sessions on Tues/Thurs but don't say much else. Will that come up in future emails from them?

Maybe a silly question: In the acceptance packet they emailed, it says to secure a place in the class they need an email stating your intention to enroll. This "intent to enroll" email is just an acknowledgement of acceptance and nothing to do with the actual plan to enroll/commit to enroll process, right?

Maybe a silly question: In the acceptance packet they emailed, it says to secure a place in the class they need an email stating your intention to enroll. This "intent to enroll" email is just an acknowledgement of acceptance and nothing to do with the actual plan to enroll/commit to enroll process, right?
Yep! The acknowledgement email I received said to let them know if your plans to attend RSOM changes. So, it's just to hold a seat for you in the class.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
i see that the tuition deposit is available to pay now...does anyone know the deadline to this?

Anyone know when we’ll receive further communication about next steps after acceptance?

Just got WL right now. Does anyone know if they do HPWL and WL or is it just one list?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 11/12. WL. Really sucks because I was put on their HPWL last year and I thought if I sent in my app earlier I would have had a better chance..

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the WL email. Interviewed 11-12. Really demoralized but we role with it. It’ll work out y’all, it always does 🙂

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just got WL right now. Does anyone know if they do HPWL and WL or is it just one list?
I think based on other people's comments so far, there's just one list. Nobody to my knowledge has listed being placed on an HPWL so far.

WL today II 11/11

Thought interviews went really good so a little dissapointing.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! Got the A email earlier today!! Does anyone know if the application portal updates or if they send any other materials aside from the acceptance letter?

• Love
Hi everyone! Got the A email earlier today!! Does anyone know if the application portal updates or if they send any other materials aside from the acceptance letter?
Congrats! When did you interview?

I received the letter of acceptance and another pdf with a document to sign. I sent the email of intent and the signed document, the next day they emailed me saying my spot was saved. Portal doesn't show anything though.

Do you upload updates/letter of interest to the portal or send to the admissions email? I saw in previous threads that they don’t look at the portal after secondary submission.

Do you upload updates/letter of interest to the portal or send to the admissions email? I saw in previous threads that they don’t look at the portal after secondary submission.
At my interview day they said your application portal is complete after you interview. It is best to email and upload to portal.

I received an email from admissions confirming that I’m on the waitlist, however they stated movement doesn’t take place until May. Does this sound right? It seemed like people were yoinked off the wait list earlier than that in prior years.

Does anyone know what residency programs are included in the 3YMD program?

Does this school accept pre-II updates?

Does anyone know how we can send the school updated transcripts post II? My semester just finished and I am not sure if I should be sending another transcript in.

Has anyone been rejected yet? Complete late August and nothing but silence..

is there an accepted students day? also has anyone received any financial aid information?

hopefully we hear something back tomorrow, its been a while🙃

A just now

IS

Edit: interviewed 11/22

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone :) i just interviewed today wondering what the turnaround time is for results...