You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A received yesterday from a 21 October interview! OOS with no ties!
Got the A yesterday as well! Interviewed 10/21, 3.81 518 IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1 hour each with physician and M2Hey, can people who have interviewed here pls tell me the EXACT length of their two interviews? Would love multiple responses to get a better idea. Thanks!
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Have an interview here this week. Can anyone mention the types of questions asked? Is it standard questions or high stress? Also from the email I received, it is just 2 mandatory interviews and optional info sessions that we can attend right?
212kindofgal
Full Member
My interview with a faculty was low-stress and was more like a conversation than an interview. The med student however kept firing questions at me and I felt pretty stressed about that one. Based on how my interview went, be prepared to get asked about literally anything on your app! They asked me specific questions about my activities and personal statement.Have an interview here this week. Can anyone mention the types of questions asked? Is it standard questions or high stress? Also from the email I received, it is just 2 mandatory interviews and optional info sessions that we can attend right?
And yes that's correct only two required interviews and the info sessions are optional.
D
deleted1111654
Congratulations!Have an interview here this week. Can anyone mention the types of questions asked? Is it standard questions or high stress? Also from the email I received, it is just 2 mandatory interviews and optional info sessions that we can attend right?
The faculty interviewer was super sweet and conversational. She knew my app really well, and asked thoughtful questions that actually made the conversation easy.
The student interview was chill for me. He had a couple questions prepared but it was not a drill. He spoke highly of clubs/his excitement for research he was entering and the support he was getting for it. Answered a lot of questions.
Overall it was enjoyable 🙂
we need a facebook group/page!!has anyone made an accepted students chat?! im getting excited with all these As being released 🙂 congrats all
PreMed1786682
Full Member
My interview with a faculty was low-stress and was more like a conversation than an interview. The med student however kept firing questions at me and I felt pretty stressed about that one. Based on how my interview went, be prepared to get asked about literally anything on your app! They asked me specific questions about my activities and personal statement.
And yes that's correct only two required interviews and the info sessions are optional.
Is it weird that I have two faculty interviews? Both of the names in my email are clearly professors/doctors working in the departments.Congratulations!
The faculty interviewer was super sweet and conversational. She knew my app really well, and asked thoughtful questions that actually made the conversation easy.
The student interview was chill for me. He had a couple questions prepared but it was not a drill. He spoke highly of clubs/his excitement for research he was entering and the support he was getting for it. Answered a lot of questions.
Overall it was enjoyable 🙂
PinkySquawks
Full Member
When do you get information regarding information sessions? I received an invitation for an interview (which is all the way in March) and they briefly mentioned that there are info sessions on Tues/Thurs but don't say much else. Will that come up in future emails from them?
Maybe a silly question: In the acceptance packet they emailed, it says to secure a place in the class they need an email stating your intention to enroll. This "intent to enroll" email is just an acknowledgement of acceptance and nothing to do with the actual plan to enroll/commit to enroll process, right?
beepbeep197
Full Member
Yep! The acknowledgement email I received said to let them know if your plans to attend RSOM changes. So, it's just to hold a seat for you in the class.Maybe a silly question: In the acceptance packet they emailed, it says to secure a place in the class they need an email stating your intention to enroll. This "intent to enroll" email is just an acknowledgement of acceptance and nothing to do with the actual plan to enroll/commit to enroll process, right?
Awesome, thank you so much!!Yep! The acknowledgement email I received said to let them know if your plans to attend RSOM changes. So, it's just to hold a seat for you in the class.
beepbeep197
Full Member
Of course, and congrats on your acceptance future MD!Awesome, thank you so much!!
D
deleted1111654
i see that the tuition deposit is available to pay now...does anyone know the deadline to this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
I believe the deposit is due by May 1st, which is the commit to enroll deadline righti see that the tuition deposit is available to pay now...does anyone know the deadline to this?
beepbeep197
Full Member
I'm just basing that off the acceptance letter they sent!thank god for sdn...I wouldnt know these things
medshark123
Full Member
Interviewed 11/1. Just got the WL.
CerebellumJuice
Full Member
Just got WL right now. Does anyone know if they do HPWL and WL or is it just one list?
supersleepy
Full Member
Interviewed 11/12. WL. Really sucks because I was put on their HPWL last year and I thought if I sent in my app earlier I would have had a better chance..
plsacceptme_8)
Full Member
Just got the WL email. Interviewed 11-12. Really demoralized but we role with it. It’ll work out y’all, it always does 🙂
beepbeep197
Full Member
I think based on other people's comments so far, there's just one list. Nobody to my knowledge has listed being placed on an HPWL so far.Just got WL right now. Does anyone know if they do HPWL and WL or is it just one list?
Congrats! When did you interview?Hi everyone! Got the A email earlier today!! Does anyone know if the application portal updates or if they send any other materials aside from the acceptance letter?
I received the letter of acceptance and another pdf with a document to sign. I sent the email of intent and the signed document, the next day they emailed me saying my spot was saved. Portal doesn't show anything though.Hi everyone! Got the A email earlier today!! Does anyone know if the application portal updates or if they send any other materials aside from the acceptance letter?
Thanks! 11/16Congrats! When did you interview?
concerninghob
Full Member
Do you upload updates/letter of interest to the portal or send to the admissions email? I saw in previous threads that they don’t look at the portal after secondary submission.
bernedoodle
Full Member
At my interview day they said your application portal is complete after you interview. It is best to email and upload to portal.Do you upload updates/letter of interest to the portal or send to the admissions email? I saw in previous threads that they don’t look at the portal after secondary submission.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weigthlifting_Med
New Member
Got the A email 12/16. Interviewed 11/8 with LM 75.5 OOS with ties to state
plsacceptme_8)
Full Member
I received an email from admissions confirming that I’m on the waitlist, however they stated movement doesn’t take place until May. Does this sound right? It seemed like people were yoinked off the wait list earlier than that in prior years.
Not really sure but does anyone know when we’ll get the email about how to apply for this?Does anyone know what residency programs are included in the 3YMD program?
DogeCoinToDaMoon
Full Member
had a friend in the 3yr. Believe he applied in February for it.Not really sure but does anyone know when we’ll get the email about how to apply for this?
PreMed1786682
Full Member
Does anyone know how we can send the school updated transcripts post II? My semester just finished and I am not sure if I should be sending another transcript in.
noodlechicken1
Full Member
YesDoes anyone know how we can send the school updated transcripts post II? My semester just finished and I am not sure if I should be sending another transcript in.
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Has anyone been rejected yet? Complete late August and nothing but silence..
Same hereHas anyone been rejected yet? Complete late August and nothing but silence..
DogeCoinToDaMoon
Full Member
is there an accepted students day? also has anyone received any financial aid information?
sameWondering this too. I haven’t heard anything since the acceptance
Same here. Wondering when we’ll hear anything about what to do nextWondering this too. I haven’t heard anything since the acceptance
212kindofgal
Full Member
A just now
IS
Edit: interviewed 11/22
IS
Edit: interviewed 11/22
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Finally some news, when was your interview date?A just now
IS
A just now! Interview: 11/19
Email or call? Congrats!!!A just now! Interview: 11/19
Email!Email or call? Congrats!!!