You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Texas A&M
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
moonyoung_8
Full Member
Current M1 here- if y'all have any questions about A&M COM feel free to DM me! I honestly love going to medical school here and am very happy. It's a great place!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was pretty relaxed. The first half of the day is just learning about TAMU and the things they offer. You only interview for 2x 30 min slots. One with staff/faculty and one with a student (for most people).For those who have interviewed: how was it? Although I haven’t received the schedule breakdown yet, 7:15-4 is intimidating.
Any insight would be well appreciated, especially on the patient sim
hopefulpremed11
Full Member
Does anyone know if TAMU tends so send out a lot of acceptances on the 1st day of prematch?
Refer to this postDoes anyone know if TAMU tends so send out a lot of acceptances on the 1st day of prematch?
Post in: 'The Republic of Texas XL: If you are riding a high horse, there ain't no way to get down off it gracefully.'
The Republic of Texas XL: If you are riding a high horse, there ain't no way to get down off it gracefully.
custardlover
New Member
II received today! Enmed
HoosierScience77
Full Member
II Yesterday, EnMed OOS MCAT 517 GPA ~3.5x
Patient2Doctor
New Member
Open!Is the interview open or closed file?
FutureDr820
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything? Or do they not give prematches today?
got a pre-match literally just now!! I'm in shock. I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!
Last edited:
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
ME AS WELL! FIRST ACCEPTANCE YAY!got a pre-match literally just now!!
Congratsgot a pre-match literally just now!!
Dr. GoldenRule
Full Member
JUST GOT THE EMAIL!!!! ACCEPTED!!! PRAISE JESUS! What a BLESSING!!!!!



Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do Enmed applicants get 2 admissions or 1?Any EnMed pre-matches?
^^ anyone heard on the EnMed side?Any EnMed pre-matches?
I know they're still interviewing EnMed folks. One of my interviews mentioned they received a lot of interest from highly qualified students in and out of state, so they're likely taking their time ranking everyone they're interested in before they send out offers... At least that's what I'm telling myself 😅^^ anyone heard on the EnMed side?
Only reason I ask is last year, the same question came up about whether EnMed people had heard anything throughout the day of prematch. So I’m wondering if EnMed will follow the same routine - give out some A’s but just later in the dayI know they're still interviewing EnMed folks. One of my interviews mentioned they received a lot of interest from highly qualified students in and out of state, so they're likely taking their time ranking everyone they're interested in before they send out offers... At least that's what I'm telling myself 😅
Congratulations to everyone who pre-matched today! If you're in BCS and you go out to celebrate tonight then there's a decent chance you'll see some of my fellow M1's celebrating finishing our first class today! One year from now, you'll be in our shoes having the experience of a lifetime.
To everyone still waiting and maybe a little disappointed, please keep your head high and remember that Match Day is far away and when most will get their acceptance. You are still an amazing individual and you'll be a M1 soon enough, too!
To everyone still waiting and maybe a little disappointed, please keep your head high and remember that Match Day is far away and when most will get their acceptance. You are still an amazing individual and you'll be a M1 soon enough, too!
I was wondering this too, it feels like fewer prematches were sent so far compared to previous years tbhI’m sorry if this is annoying, but do you think those are all the prematches for today? (for regular acceptance)
Well with the overacceptances of last year - makes you wonder if they're gonna go slower/lower in prematchesI was wondering this too, it feels like fewer prematches were sent so far compared to previous years tbh
So ... I'm guessing we don't hear about any EnMeds today? Unless they wanna squeeze in offers after 330pm CST - but I don't know if that's likely, because old posts don't have the time they were posted, only the dates. If anyone has something to weigh in about past EnMed acceptances that'd be really appreciated.
Sorry for the back-to-back messages.
Sorry for the back-to-back messages.
I can’t tell tbhI was wondering this too, it feels like fewer prematches were sent so far compared to previous years tbh
Thank you for sharing that!! If A&M was to ever release more prematches - do you have any guesses on when that might be?Also! For those of us who haven't prematched yet - don't forget, some prematch offers from TAMU go to the early acceptance programs like E2M etc., I have friends who are in that program who heard they got in today, so some of the day 1 offers likely went to them too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
based on last year -I can’t tell tbh
Thank you for sharing that!! If A&M was to ever release more prematches - do you have any guesses on when that might be?
I've got more TAMU COM prematches (so non-EnMed) happened about 2 weeks later, the next EnMed batch appeared to be 3 weeks later.
For anyone who is interested, I have a friend who prematched today through E2M, but still didn't hear anything from EnMed.
Thank you so much dude! Im gnna stop refreshing my email now hahabased on last year -
I've got more TAMU COM prematches (so non-EnMed) happened about 2 weeks later, the next EnMed batch appeared to be 3 weeks later.
For anyone who is interested, I have a friend who prematched today through E2M, but still didn't hear anything from EnMed.
Got this from an EnMed student the other day, thought it’d be helpful to share: this is EnMeds first year to be standalone as the newly established Intercollegiate School of Engineering Medicine, meaning that they can now likely play by their own rules and break pattern from what they’ve done in previous years (i.e. why there aren’t any apparent prematch offers heard of yet)
Source for the establishment that took place in sept: Texas A&M To Establish Intercollegiate School Of Engineering Medicine
Source for the establishment that took place in sept: Texas A&M To Establish Intercollegiate School Of Engineering Medicine
EoceneAzolla
New Member
Any news for MD/PhD applicants? During the interview and on the website they said they might be giving acceptances out on the 15th but said they might be a bit late too.
I know I have someone interviewing at EnMed tomorrow - but anyone else who might be doing so, or even MD/PhD applicants, would y'all mind asking what the timeline would be for acceptances now that rolling admissions have started? That is, only if you feel comfortable doing so.
Because, now that they're behind, it throws off the pattern and every day could be "the day" for those programs.
Because, now that they're behind, it throws off the pattern and every day could be "the day" for those programs.
FutureDr820
Full Member
Does anyone know if A&M gives scholarships to IS students or mainly just OOS?
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
Did anyone log onto their application portal to see an "Interview RSVP" message, but status still says "Under Review"?
Last edited:
So, I might be misunderstanding your question - but if I'm getting this right, you have an II (or have interviewed) and your status says "under review" still.Did anyone log onto their application portal to see an "Interview RSVP" message, but status still says "Under Review"?
If that's the case - last year's thread in TAMU had a few people asking the same questions, some ppl had interviewed but their status said "under review" instead of "interviewed". The hypothesis back then was that it was just a bug and didn't mean anything.
If I'm misunderstanding, I am sorry
Don't worry too much about these small wording things on portals.So, I might be misunderstanding your question - but if I'm getting this right, you have an II (or have interviewed) and your status says "under review" still.
If that's the case - last year's thread in TAMU had a few people asking the same questions, some ppl had interviewed but their status said "under review" instead of "interviewed". The hypothesis back then was that it was just a bug and didn't mean anything.
If I'm misunderstanding, I am sorry
Important news like interview invitations or admissions offers will come to your email inbox 🙂
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
that's exactly it! thank you.So, I might be misunderstanding your question - but if I'm getting this right, you have an II (or have interviewed) and your status says "under review" still.
If that's the case - last year's thread in TAMU had a few people asking the same questions, some ppl had interviewed but their status said "under review" instead of "interviewed". The hypothesis back then was that it was just a bug and didn't mean anything.
If I'm misunderstanding, I am sorry
justanotherday1212
New Member
Any ideas on when some more prematch offers will be released?
justanotherday1212
New Member
Yes there was one for us! When is your interview?Is there a pre-interview social for TAMU? I don’t recall seeing anything
It's on November 4th! When do they send you information?Yes there was one for us! When is your interview?
justanotherday1212
New Member
They’ll send it to you the week of your interview I think! Good luck!!It's on November 4th! When do they send you information?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome thank you!!They’ll send it to you the week of your interview I think! Good luck!
D
deleted1113853
Does A&M allow pre-II update letters?
A couple months ago I checked on this for Texas schools. From what I found, Texas A&M, Tech El Paso don't accept updates. McGovern accepts an update only after an interview. I couldn't find anything about Dell, but sent one anyway. I sent updates to all the rest of the Texas schools. I applied really early this cycle and now I am working as a scribe in the ER. So I updated them on how this is giving me great clinical experience.Does A&M allow pre-II update letters?
Do we have an idea at this point in the cycle approximately how many interviews are expected to be left? This is my top choice and I’m kinda surprised I’ve heard nothing just because my application aligns with their mission and everything so well. Trying to be patient but just curious!
You can follow along over here to see how many days they have sent out interview invitations: #2Do we have an idea at this point in the cycle approximately how many interviews are expected to be left? This is my top choice and I’m kinda surprised I’ve heard nothing just because my application aligns with their mission and everything so well. Trying to be patient but just curious!
Last year their last invitations went out the first week of December. But to answer your exact question I don't know & can't predict how many more interviews remain.