You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
proteinfolder
Full Member
Did anyone who interviewed also receive another Financial Aid email today? I initially received the same email after my interview and then again today
Same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
Did anyone who interviewed also receive another Financial Aid email today? I initially received the same email after my interview and then again today
I didn't. hopefully I didn't get R'd 🤢
proteinfolder
Full Member
It could be based on when we interviewed maybe? I interviewed on 9/27. When did you guys interview
Same here!
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
It could be based on when we interviewed maybe? I interviewed on 9/27. When did you guys interview
9/10 … 😔 I thought I did bad on the MMI too because it was my first ever interview 😓
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
It was my first interview too but hey they might have thought it went really good - be optimistic. I hope on Oct 15th and you get that call 🙂
Thank you 👑
II at 9:24am
IS, URM, LM 70, complete 08/3. LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
IS, URM, LM 70, complete 08/3. LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
D
deleted1102547
Supposedly, interviewees are supposed to get a long list of scholarships? Did anyone actually get that?
"When students interview at UC Davis, they are given a written list of available outside scholarship opportunities. It is 32 pages long and is still is only the tip of the iceberg.
“In terms of…donors and agencies that sponsor students, many of these resources spring from local community goodwill,” he said.
Dr. Henderson recommends checking with community organizations such as county medical societies, and Rotary, Lions or Soroptimist clubs to see what type of scholarship opportunities are available."
www.ama-assn.org
"When students interview at UC Davis, they are given a written list of available outside scholarship opportunities. It is 32 pages long and is still is only the tip of the iceberg.
“In terms of…donors and agencies that sponsor students, many of these resources spring from local community goodwill,” he said.
Dr. Henderson recommends checking with community organizations such as county medical societies, and Rotary, Lions or Soroptimist clubs to see what type of scholarship opportunities are available."
Medical school scholarships: Where you should look for funding
Wondering how to make medical school work financially? Here’s where you need to look to earn some medical school scholarships support.
D
deleted1101558
How was the interview for those that've already had theirs?
To me, it was more chill and easier than I expected! It was my first MMI so I was indeed very nervous, but the raters were so nice and for each station, it just felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. I'm not sure how to gauge how I did though LOL. Because it felt "easy" for me, I came out feeling tripped up. We shall see.How was the interview for those that've already had theirs?
D
deleted1101558
Thanks, that's really helpful! I've already had one MMI so I hope it'll be similar to that one. I'm a bit worried though because we only get 6 minutes to respond to the prompt compared to the 8 minutes my other MMI gave us.To me, it was more chill and easier than I expected! It was my first MMI so I was indeed very nervous, but the raters were so nice and for each station, it just felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. I'm not sure how to gauge how I did though LOL. Because it felt "easy" for me, I came out feeling tripped up. We shall see.
Complete mid-July and absolute silence. Can I assume that most lls have already been given out at this point? :’(
absolutely not!! it's only mid october and they interview until march/april. there's deff plenty of interview spots leftComplete mid-July and absolute silence. Can I assume that most lls have already been given out at this point? :’(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a reapplicant. I interviewed at UC Davis last year in April and got my II in december. There is still hope!Complete mid-July and absolute silence. Can I assume that most lls have already been given out at this point? :’(
D
deleted1117174
Is anyone still waiting to get a secondary? Should I consider it as a rejection if I haven't received one at this point? My application was verified on 7/9.
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't received one either. Lived in NorCal for most of my life but considered an OOS applicant. I guess I've been rejected pre-secondary... honestly wasn't expecting that.Is anyone still waiting to get a secondary? Should I consider as a rejection if I haven't received one at this point? My application was verified on 7/9.
I haven't received one either. Lived in NorCal for most of my life but considered an OOS applicant. I guess I've been rejected pre-secondary... honestly wasn't expecting that.
Did anyone receive an acceptance yet for 9/10 interview?
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
YEEET GOT THE A interviewed 9/10
OMG congrats!!! I know you were worried about your MMI, but look at you go!!! Davis was also my first MMI so I hope they like me too!!YEEET GOT THE A interviewed 9/10
Anyone got a rejection email from Davis?
Anyone interview Sept 27th and got into Davis
Did you interview there? May I know if you got the rejection email today?yep! wasn't a good fit for me though - hope my spot goes to someone who loves & deserves it 🙂
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
OMG congrats!!! I know you were worried about your MMI, but look at you go!!! Davis was also my first MMI so I hope they like me too!!
Thank you!! Cheering for good news for u as well!! (Will most likely matriculate here.)
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
Also got the A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got the A! Congrats dude! When was your interview?
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
@btttbgfr34 Interviewed 9/10
I think whoever got an update today was from August to 9/10 group! I think they will inform us next weekInterviewed on 9/27 but haven’t heard anything
I been waiting for an II and feeling very anxious. Just wondering if your alma mater is a top 20 university? Are you IS?Ahhh the wait is killing me
Thank you!
I went to SFSU. Thank you! Best luck to you! I hope you get great news from UCD soon!I went to UCDavis for undergrad and i’m IS too. What about you? Keep strong and stay positive 🙂
proteinfolder
Full Member
Should late September interviewers hope to hear back tomorrow?
Last edited:
D
deleted1119853
Yes. I received an II around the beginning of October.anyone here who was complete mid August get an II?
Congratulations!! I was wondering if you can share which school is your alma mater? I am still waiting for an II...just trying to calculate my odds...Thanks a lot!!Got the A!! Received a 916 area code call as well. Interviewed in late August. Super happy!
For the folks interviewed 9/27, Do you guys think we will hear from them this week?
Not super comfortable saying the name but it's a highly ranked OOS public school!Congratulations!! I was wondering if you can share which school is your alma mater? I am still waiting for an II...just trying to calculate my odds...Thanks a lot!!
Congratulations on your acceptance to UCD SOM!!YEEET GOT THE A interviewed 9/10
If you don't mind could you share your stats? Alma mater is a T20?
Thank you very much!
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
Congratulations on your acceptance to UCD SOM!!
If you don't mind could you share your stats? Alma mater is a T20?
Thank you very much!
PM'd you 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations for the A for UCD SOM. Do you mind sharing if your alma mater is T20, T40 or lower tier?i just got the call for an A!!! area code 916. interviewed 9/10!
I am till waiting for II. trying to get more data point figure out my chances. Thanks a lot!
thank you! my alma mater is T20Congratulations for the A for UCD SOM. Do you mind sharing if your alma mater is T20, T40 or lower tier?
I am till waiting for II. trying to get more data point figure out my chances. Thanks a lot!
mangomonkey
Full Member
How did you know this lolI think Charlene is out on vacation next week so we might not hear something until she's back on 10/25
medschoolapplicantanon
Full Member
anyone else never received a secondary? got one from every other UC...
Anyone complete in September receive an II? 🙂