You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UC Irvine
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how the screening for UC's work? I have a 3.83 gpa but a 508 MCAT that I retook and will be getting the score on July 20th. Should I just wait for the score before I submit my primary to the UCs in fear of getting screened out? Or should I just submit now to be able to submit the secondary when it comes as soon as possible.
Just submit now! I got a secondary with a 3.88 gpa and 507 MCAT that I also retook (score release July 30).Does anyone know how the screening for UC's work? I have a 3.83 gpa but a 508 MCAT that I retook and will be getting the score on July 20th. Should I just wait for the score before I submit my primary to the UCs in fear of getting screened out? Or should I just submit now to be able to submit the secondary when it comes as soon as possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know and good luck!Just submit now! I got a secondary with a 3.88 gpa and 507 MCAT that I also retook (score release July 30).
SnooCompliments
Full Member
Any updates on secondaries?
D
deleted1074206
What did you decide on this? I started in September 2020 as well and will be continuing until June 2022, so I'm confused on what I should list since I have been doing it for 10 months already and will have done it for almost 2 years once matriculation comes along.Just to confirm, I would mark that question as no if I’ve been interpreting since September 2020 but plan on continuing until matriculation?
I decided to mark "Yes" because they did give the option to include future dates. I've also been interpreting for my whole family since I was a child so technically it's still true lolWhat did you decide on this? I started in September 2020 as well and will be continuing until June 2022, so I'm confused on what I should list since I have been doing it for 10 months already and will have done it for almost 2 years once matriculation comes along.
Are you guys putting all your biology, physics, chem courses or just the minimum they require?
Yeah same. I just submitted them as is lol, even after I realized. I mean they were already polished and concise, no point adding fluff.I wrote all my essays for 1500 with spaces smh
I added them allAre you guys putting all your biology, physics, chem courses or just the minimum they require?
As a Biology Major, I feel like they would not want to see like 15 Biology courses, so thinking of just doing minimumAre you guys putting all your biology, physics, chem courses or just the minimum they require?
did you figure out if we should double list these activities or just put them under one category?So if our research activities were clinical and paid we list them in each section????
IS received, low GPA average MCAT, IA, went here for undergrad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shendershot
Full Member
"Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community."
Does anyone have any idea on how to politely put "No" as the answer to this question? 😳 I am fortunate to not have been apart of a marginalized group, but am not sure if they would like me to say anything more than that?
Does anyone have any idea on how to politely put "No" as the answer to this question? 😳 I am fortunate to not have been apart of a marginalized group, but am not sure if they would like me to say anything more than that?
"Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community."
Does anyone have any idea on how to politely put "No" as the answer to this question? 😳 I am fortunate to not have been apart of a marginalized group, but am not sure if they would like me to say anything more than that?
I’ve heard people putting “N/A”
Isn't this question optional? Just leave it blank if you don't think it applies"Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community."
Does anyone have any idea on how to politely put "No" as the answer to this question? 😳 I am fortunate to not have been apart of a marginalized group, but am not sure if they would like me to say anything more than that?
shendershot
Full Member
I’ve heard people putting “N/A”
Perfect! I did notice it was optional, which helps a lot! Thank you both! 🙂Isn't this question optional? Just leave it blank if you don't think it applies
cofyaddict_192
New Member
UCI's secondary asks us to list our "most important activities" but I misread the description and only wrote down future activities which I'm starting after graduation. Do you guys think I should email them?
Should I email UCI with a full list of my AMCAS activities? It feels kind of silly to correct if they look at my AMCAS application at all but I don't want to be screened out for not enough "community service"
Advice? :/
Should I email UCI with a full list of my AMCAS activities? It feels kind of silly to correct if they look at my AMCAS application at all but I don't want to be screened out for not enough "community service"
Advice? :/
For activities are you guys putting "Research Intern" or being more specific with the organization name?
how? there is no space to talk about duties in portal? dont you just put name of activity and start end date???I included the name of the lab, my duties, lab techniques and tools I use, and research project goal.
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
this is what I did...I don't think they wanted full activity descriptions like we did in our primaries, but I could be wronghow? there is no space to talk about duties in portal? dont you just put name of activity and start end date???
I dont think there was even space provided to write any descriptionsthis is what I did...I don't think they wanted full activity descriptions like we did in our primaries, but I could be wrong
submitted a little late and just got my app processed and secondary soon after. Good luck yall. I do have some quick questions though.
Anyone know how heavy the emphasis on research vs clinical UCI has? Also I am a non-trad student and it seems they want us to talk about work after our degree. It states it can be listed or done in an essay, but I am still a bit confused on this part. If I do not have enough room to list and describe all activities can I just list some and describe the others? Also I saw nothing about committee letters on their LOR section. Anyone know if this works for all 3? Thanks!
Anyone know how heavy the emphasis on research vs clinical UCI has? Also I am a non-trad student and it seems they want us to talk about work after our degree. It states it can be listed or done in an essay, but I am still a bit confused on this part. If I do not have enough room to list and describe all activities can I just list some and describe the others? Also I saw nothing about committee letters on their LOR section. Anyone know if this works for all 3? Thanks!
IS no secondary yet
For those confused about activities like i was here is the email i got. Also i had a clinical employment and wondered if i should add it to both.
"Thank you for your email. The activities section is only for your most meaningful experiences. In addition, only choose one type to label the experience. "
"Thank you for your email. The activities section is only for your most meaningful experiences. In addition, only choose one type to label the experience. "
No idea, but MSAR says they start August 31stDoes anyone know if UCI started sending out IIs yet?
WeenieBeenie
Full Member
What are the prime-lc essays?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted555445
I believe that just refers to the last time you submitted AMCAS, i.e. if you added a new school or added a new LOROOS mstp applicant, just noticed on my secondary that my letters were marked as received on 8/16, but I think this page said something different last time I checked, anyone else?
apparently they are really behindIn state, MSTP applicant. No secondary yet. 🙁
I cant believe I forgot I did this, thanks!I believe that just refers to the last time you submitted AMCAS, i.e. if you added a new school or added a new LOR
II received one hour ago! IS applicant, complete 07/14
Congratulations!!II received one hour ago! IS applicant, complete 07/14
II received this morning as well! IS, complete 7/14
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
congrats to everyone who got IIs!
does everyone (including people without IIs) have "interview status," "interview date," and "admissions status" in their checklist?
does everyone (including people without IIs) have "interview status," "interview date," and "admissions status" in their checklist?
Congrats to y'all. UCI must be playing with me. IS 🙁
Nonpath2MD
Full Member
+1 IS II! Complete 7/17II just received!!!
Complete 8/7
WOOT WOOT insane art skills if you drew your profile pic 🙂II just received!!!
Hahaha I TRULY wish I could draw anything beyond a stick figure and a happy face. Alas...WOOT WOOT insane art skills if you drew your profile pic 🙂
But thank you and congratulations!
Wondering the same thing....congrats to everyone who got IIs!
does everyone (including people without IIs) have "interview status," "interview date," and "admissions status" in their checklist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1084643
YesWondering the same thing....
No you should submit it still.I haven't submitted my secondary yet, was hoping to this weekend. Do you think it is too late since II have been given already?