2021-2022 Virginia Tech Carilion

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have been accepted- do you guys see anything in your portals yet? I keep feeling like this is a dream and I want to make sure it wasn't a mistake lol.
And for those who haven't heard yet- hang in there, sending good vibes and thoughts your way <3
 
super thankful to have received an ii here! Can anyone share how the energy of their traditional interview felt (research focused, or more conversational regarding your application)? & how you prepared for MMI? thanks 🙂
 
super thankful to have received an ii here! Can anyone share how the energy of their traditional interview felt (research focused, or more conversational regarding your application)? & how you prepared for MMI? thanks 🙂
They were very nice and conversational! It's a research oriented school but the interview is short so not a lot of time for details about any of your activities.

For the MMI portion I looked up example MMI questions online and tried to come up with an answer for each one that I could pitch in a few minutes. I tried to only give myself a couple minutes to come up with an answer that gave my perspective and completely answered the prompt. Practicing doing those things is definitely more important than memorizing any specific mmi answers. It definitely doesn't hurt to have some anecdotes in mind in case there are questions about common things like your strengths/weakness etc though.

I know its cliche but just try to relax and be yourself! Good luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the previous sdn thread, I saw people get rejected post interview. For the active list, it seems that the "April round of acceptances" is just the final filter on who makes the waitlist or gets rejected. I'll just treat this as a rejection and move on.
 
Also just got the active status pool email, does this basically mean a wait list? I'm curious if anyone's asked admissions?
 
My understanding is that active status = reviewed with next decisions and then you get an R or put on a shorter waitlist. If you got an active status email I'm sure they'd be willing to answer any questions about it
 
I am interviewing Jan 8 and still have not received any information regarding my interview. When did people who previously interviewed receive info regarding the interview day schedule? Do you know who your interviewers (non-MMI) are pre-interview?
 
I am interviewing Jan 8 and still have not received any information regarding my interview. When did people who previously interviewed receive info regarding the interview day schedule? Do you know who your interviewers (non-MMI) are pre-interview?
I received information about my interview on Monday afternoon around 3p EST- so if you don't hear back by end of Tuesday I'd definitely reach out!

I was not informed who my non-MMI interviewer would be. It was a complete surprise for me all the way until the moment we were scheduled to meet over Zoom.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R today, OOS, conpleted on 7/17. I was going to send an update letter this week...