2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is it too late to submit a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say so. This school seems to have sent out over 1000 interviews. and then theres also many of us who are complete since July or August and silence.

Reactions: 1 users
maybe email admissions directly! For international/Canadian students they have later deadlines (so you can still submit a secondary), but it also really depends on if they're still interviewing

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think so. I have been getting a bunch of mailings and emails from the school in the past few weeks encouraging me to apply. Also they are having an open house in November 30th so I would honestly submit and just see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an II 5 minutes ago! OOS - Complete 7/14

Edit to add details: low MCAT and I am a reapplicant (did not receive an II from Wayne last year).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just received an II 5 minutes ago! OOS - Complete 7/14
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars -- for hope burns bright!

510/3.9 IS and still waiting. Wish me luck!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone not hear back before their estimated time? I interviewed on October 15th and they said we should hear back in 4 - 6 weeks, but I haven't heard anything and am coming up on the six-week mark.

Did anyone not hear back before their estimated time? I interviewed on October 15th and they said we should hear back in 4 - 6 weeks, but I haven't heard anything and am coming up on the six-week mark.
i heard back closer to 8 weeks after interview

Reactions: 2 users
I got post card mail yesterday urging me to apply... I am a current applicant lol. Anyways I hope to get an II from here soon :/

Hi all!

I am an applicant for this upcoming cycle, and for those of you who have been accepted into medical school, I was wondering if you could share a little about how many volunteering hours you had! It is currently my weakest point of my application (due to COVID-19), and I was hoping to get a better picture of what I should be aiming for if I hope to be accepted!

Thank you!

Hi all!

I am an applicant for this upcoming cycle, and for those of you who have been accepted into medical school, I was wondering if you could share a little about how many volunteering hours you had! It is currently my weakest point of my application (due to COVID-19), and I was hoping to get a better picture of what I should be aiming for if I hope to be accepted!

Thank you!
Not sure if you had the question answered BUT I know this is somewhat variable these days due to COVID-19. There should be some general sense of interest in volunteering shown over a long period of time. I know some people have lower than normal hours but there are still various opportunities to volunteer at a crisis hotline center, online tutor, etc. Some Adcoms are more forgiving but you definitely can't get away with having zero volunteering hours if you want to be a strong applicant. I try to stay away from saying you need X number of hours but I know the number 150 is thrown around a lot here so if you want a number to reach for I suppose that would be it (but imo you should find an activity you would do regardless of the hour requirement). Hopefully this helps, feel free to DM me if you have more questions or post your application under the WAMC section.

Just got the pre II R. Complete 8/9. Funny how they sent me so many post cards just to reject me

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Complete on 8/10, LM 70. Haven't heard anything at all. Don't know what this may mean.

Just got put on the alternate list - complete 8/20 and interviewed 11/15

Last edited:
  • Care
Pre-II R earlier today. Complete mid August. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Has anyone who interviewed recieved an R? Trying to get and idea of the current waitlist size

Just got put on the alternate list, interviewed 11/8

complete 7/25, ORM IS-metro Detroit average stats solid ecs, still a chance for a II?

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in the last few pages but does the school screen before giving secondaries? I never thought of applying to this school until I got a postcard two months ago and then got invited to complete a secondary and yesterday got invited for an interview. The school has responded MUCH faster than any other school I have applied to? Lol

Last edited:
Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in the last few pages but does the school screen before giving secondaries? I never thought of applying to this school until I got a postcard two months ago and then got invited to complete a secondary and yesterday got invited for an interview. The school has responded MUCH faster than any other school I have applied to? Lol
wow good for you

When did you have your app completed? Like specifically

REAL late! Submitted the primary October 25th. Got the invite to complete the secondary November 4th. Invite to interview November 29th
Dang homie what were your stats?

I don't think they screen for secondaries, they automatically send it out to applicants who completed a primary. Lol you're giving me so much hope, I submitted my primary Oct. 30 and my secondary early november too! Congrats on the invite :)

I don't think they screen for secondaries, they automatically send it out to applicants who completed a primary. Lol you're giving me so much hope, I submitted my primary Oct. 30 and my secondary early november too! Congrats on the invite :)
Okay, because the MSAR states secondary applications sent to: "All eligible applicants after review by the Associate Dean of Admissions," but one week and a few days to screen my applications seem.... too short, lol. I am still getting screened by the UCs =(. I took the postcard as a sign to apply, lol.

Last edited:
Looks like we are getting pre-II R and post interview waitlists this week. Not sure when the tracker updated, but I am guessing we should be seeing an A-wave soon? 0.0

Looks like we are getting pre-II R and post interview waitlists this week. Not sure when the tracker updated, but I am guessing we should be seeing an A-wave soon? 0.0
How do you know we’re getting pre II R?

Question for the individuals who are complete but still waiting to hear back anything pre-II, what does it say for you under your application status in the online portal? Mine just says "your application is ready" but I submitted my primary/secondary really late here so I don't know if it every switches to "under review" or anything before they make an R or II decision. Thanks!

Question for the individuals who are complete but still waiting to hear back anything pre-II, what does it say for you under your application status in the online portal? Mine just says "your application is ready" but I submitted my primary/secondary really late here so I don't know if it every switches to "under review" or anything before they make an R or II decision. Thanks!
Pre-II, no response here either. Mine also says the same