2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed here last cycle and have not been interviewed. tbh a little sketch, given that I have improved my app tremendously. BUT can't hate the player, only the game, you feel

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My MCAT is on the low side for Wayne, but I haven't been axed yet.. does anyone know if they continue to send out II until January, February?
Nothing yet but haven't been rejected... cant tell if thats a silent R or still being considered

In state applicant; Interview invite 7/29; Interview completed 8/20; WL on 10/15

Stats: 3.87 cum; 3.87 science; 512 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
My MCAT is on the low side for Wayne, but I haven't been axed yet.. does anyone know if they continue to send out II until January, February?
Nothing yet but haven't been rejected... cant tell if thats a silent R or still being considered
That's what I really want to know as well! Can't tell if no news is bad news yet lol

Question for the individuals who are complete but still waiting to hear back anything pre-II, what does it say for you under your application status in the online portal? Mine just says "your application is ready" but I submitted my primary/secondary really late here so I don't know if it every switches to "under review" or anything before they make an R or II decision. Thanks!
I was accepted and my portal still has the "ready" message under app status... I just have new tabs along the side bar

Haven't heard anything back. My application has been complete since August. What does this meaaaaaaan. I haven't received an II from any schools and it's making me lose my mind.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Haven't heard anything back. My application has been complete since August. What does this meaaaaaaan. I haven't received an II from any schools and it's making me lose my mind.
I'm in the exact same boat! Hang in there, you're not alone.

Hopping aboard the "haven't heard anything" train. Complete mid-August.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have sent out pre II R right? Like my memory is working correctly?

Reactions: 1 user
I think Wayne state has already sent out the vast majority of their IIs (90%+), so while it’s not impossible, it seems like a bit of a long shot at this point (unless they are conducting a lot more interviews this year than last year)
Me trying to stay blissfully ignorant trying to convince myself my II is still coming even though all odds are against it probably lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.47.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.47.25 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Finally received my official offer letter in the mail last Thursday for those of you who keep checking your mailbox!

• Love
Is WSU receptive to LOI? Or at the very least do they not look at them negatively?

Did they call/email you for the A as well? I’m currently waiting to hear back
Yes, I was emailed on 10/15 that I was accepted. My portal updated immediately with the offer letter and I was able to accept it through there. But I barely just received the official physical offer letter last week :)

Thanks! How long did it take for you to hear back after the interview? They said 4-6 weeks on II-day but I'm already neurotically checking my email :rofl:
I interviewed 9/27 and heard back on 10/15! I think they had faster responses for those who interviewed before the October 15th date since that's the very first day they sent out acceptances. Hopefully you'll hear back soon! :)

Finally received my official offer letter in the mail last Thursday for those of you who keep checking your mailbox!
Out of curiosity did it have any financial info on there or was it basically just the admission letter?

Maybe if I post an annoyed message about also having heard nothing since my app was finished in July maybe they will send me one too!!! :rofl: contrats!
Let's test this theory - complete mid-August and silence o_O

• Haha
OOS II received today! 517 MCAT (fourth retake), 3.94 graduate GPA, 3.65 undergad GPA / 3.55 sGPA, 2nd quartile CASPER. Pretty excited!!

Complete 10/24/21.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II received today! 517 MCAT (fourth retake), 3.94 graduate GPA, 3.65 undergad GPA / 3.55 sGPA, 2nd quartile CASPER. Pretty excited!!

Complete 10/24/21.
congrats! what dates were available?

Out of curiosity did it have any financial info on there or was it basically just the admission letter?
No financial info yet :( Just an admissions letter + a packet about the school, the program and its features!

Just checked my portal today and it says my MCAT score is not received?? What lol it was marked as received before...

Anyone here get an interview with a less than 510 MCAT?

50X and 3.7X cGPA, OOS non-trad

The earliest date was 1/10, but there were dates available all through January
Im glad we are finally to the 50X group! A lot of schools organize their app stack by mcat score and lower scores are reviewed/interviewed last. That doesn't mean they have a lesser chance, it just means they are considered later in the cycle. I know they have been pre II R TONS of people lately so still being in the stack at this point is a 👍

Reactions: 3 users
Im glad we are finally to the 50X group! A lot of schools organize their app stack by mcat score and lower scores are reviewed/interviewed last. That doesn't mean they have a lesser chance, it just means they are considered later in the cycle. I know they have been pre II R TONS of people lately so still being in the stack at this point is a 👍
To anyone else who is in the 50X group, don't be discouraged seeing all the 51X or 52X applicants! My first three responses from schools in August/September were all IIs (MDs), and all from schools where my mcat was at or below the 25th percentile on MSAR. If you conveyed your interest in the school and medicine in general, that goes a long way :)

Also Complete since August but absolutely no updates so far - apart from info on other degree programs

Does anyone know where to find stats on how many acceptance offers are given in total vs how many actually end up in matriculating into that entering class?