2021-2022 Wayne State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think Wayne state has already sent out the vast majority of their IIs (90%+), so while it’s not impossible, it seems like a bit of a long shot at this point (unless they are conducting a lot more interviews this year than last year)
Me trying to stay blissfully ignorant trying to convince myself my II is still coming even though all odds are against it probably lol
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.47.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.47.25 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they call/email you for the A as well? I’m currently waiting to hear back
Yes, I was emailed on 10/15 that I was accepted. My portal updated immediately with the offer letter and I was able to accept it through there. But I barely just received the official physical offer letter last week 🙂
 
Thanks! How long did it take for you to hear back after the interview? They said 4-6 weeks on II-day but I'm already neurotically checking my email 🤣
I interviewed 9/27 and heard back on 10/15! I think they had faster responses for those who interviewed before the October 15th date since that's the very first day they sent out acceptances. Hopefully you'll hear back soon! 🙂
 
Out of curiosity did it have any financial info on there or was it basically just the admission letter?
No financial info yet 🙁 Just an admissions letter + a packet about the school, the program and its features!
 
Just checked my portal today and it says my MCAT score is not received?? What lol it was marked as received before...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
50X and 3.7X cGPA, OOS non-trad

The earliest date was 1/10, but there were dates available all through January
Im glad we are finally to the 50X group! A lot of schools organize their app stack by mcat score and lower scores are reviewed/interviewed last. That doesn't mean they have a lesser chance, it just means they are considered later in the cycle. I know they have been pre II R TONS of people lately so still being in the stack at this point is a 👍
 
Im glad we are finally to the 50X group! A lot of schools organize their app stack by mcat score and lower scores are reviewed/interviewed last. That doesn't mean they have a lesser chance, it just means they are considered later in the cycle. I know they have been pre II R TONS of people lately so still being in the stack at this point is a 👍
To anyone else who is in the 50X group, don't be discouraged seeing all the 51X or 52X applicants! My first three responses from schools in August/September were all IIs (MDs), and all from schools where my mcat was at or below the 25th percentile on MSAR. If you conveyed your interest in the school and medicine in general, that goes a long way 🙂
 
Does anyone know where to find stats on how many acceptance offers are given in total vs how many actually end up in matriculating into that entering class?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone share tips on how to prepare for the interview? I know there was a non disclosure agreement, so respecting that, can anyone give any advice or insights?
Be prepared to reference or elaborate on any part of your application, including experiences, stats, etc. (WSU does open app, so your interviewers can review it prior to prepare, or at least will have it in front of them to ask specific questions). This is a good thing. You will be able to easily direct the conversation towards your interests. Don't stress too much about the MMIs because nothing is designed to trick you. They just want to get a feel for how you problem solve and process things.

My interview experience was very conversational, and not once did I feel "stuck," like a question was hard to answer. If you can speak comfortably about your passions and why you want to pursue medicine, you will be just fine.