2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone who has been accepted comment on how many students are in the groupme if there is one? The 2026 fb page only has 362 members but doesn’t seem to be reliable.
I don’t think there is a groupme (but if there is that’s news to me lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Every day is getting harder :( I just want one acceptance. Really hard to think of reapplication but I know it’s the responsible thing to do

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Every day is getting harder :( I just want one acceptance. Really hard to think of reapplication but I know it’s the responsible thing to do
Was in your spot one year ago and I’m roughly right back where I started, haha. That being said I’m privileged to have an A elsewhere.

As someone who’s on their second rodeo, my advice is to not rush into the reapplication process. I felt pressured as a significantly older applicant (will start at 29) to immediately reapply, but I’d recommend taking a year off to really look at your app and make significant improvements where it may be lacking and can be improved (shadowing, non-clinical volunteering, clinical experience, etc.). Otherwise you may just end up repeating cycle (as I roughly have, at least with Wayne).

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has been accepted comment on how many students are in the groupme if there is one? The 2026 fb page only has 362 members but doesn’t seem to be reliable.
Can you please post the link to the fb group? I recently got an acceptance but I haven’t received anything else so far

Thank god for unlimited data, between refreshing emails and this sdn page… god knows what my bill for May would have been lol

hoping for some movement soon🙏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I got accepted on Monday, and haven't found a GroupME yet. The FB page definitely isn't reliable, there are tons of M4s on there selling stuff

Kudos for keeping it together this whole time my friend. We’re all gonna make it 🥲
As far as I can tell, still ~100 A’s to send out (675 sent last year at this point). This is of course assuming that this drip feed of A’s the past week has been part of the 571 on the tracker.
alternatively, more people have accepted their acceptances this year, which I could see being the case as schools get more and more competitive and perhaps fewer applicants are getting multiple acceptances

• Hmm
  • Sad
Was in your spot one year ago and I’m roughly right back where I started, haha. That being said I’m privileged to have an A elsewhere.

As someone who’s on their second rodeo, my advice is to not rush into the reapplication process. I felt pressured as a significantly older applicant (will start at 29) to immediately reapply, but I’d recommend taking a year off to really look at your app and make significant improvements where it may be lacking and can be improved (shadowing, non-clinical volunteering, clinical experience, etc.). Otherwise you may just end up repeating cycle (as I roughly have, at least with Wayne).
Good Lord I hope that’s not considered significantly older, I’m starting this fall elsewhere and I’m turning 28 this month. I thought you would have to be middle aged starting as an M1 to be considered “significantly older”

Reactions: 1 user
Good Lord I hope that’s not considered significantly older, I’m starting this fall elsewhere and I’m turning 28 this month. I thought you would have to be middle aged starting as an M1 to be considered “significantly older”
Haha, maybe I overstated there. Although I feel like 29 is somewhere in the top quartile?

Haha, maybe I overstated there. Although I feel like 29 is somewhere in the top quartile?
“A handful of years older than average” 😮‍💨

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
🫠

Attachments

• 5BB12012-0805-42B0-84D2-AE9997765175.jpeg
    5BB12012-0805-42B0-84D2-AE9997765175.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Been really quiet 😭 are the As gonna die down...

• Care
I will literally boombox serenade ADCOM if it even gives half a percent of a chance of getting me off the waitlist 🥲
8717F526-A0B0-4AC3-B56F-D6DA25D45CBB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I hate to sound negative, and truly do wish the best for everyone here. But I think this may just mean Wayne is going with a relatively smaller class size this year. They have been losing seats at Henry Ford so it may make sense? Just my opinion, but who knows :/
We might have lost some spots at Henry Ford, but we also gained some spots at DMC, St Joe’s/St Mary, and Ascension Providence so I don’t think clinical spots are going to force them to shrink our class

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
We might have lost some spots at Henry Ford, but we also gained some spots at DMC, St Joe’s/St Mary, and Ascension Providence so I don’t think clinical spots are going to force them to shrink our class
LETS GO BAYBEE, back to huffing the hopium at 1000%

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Starting re-apps tonight if I hear nothing by 10pm🤧

• Care
  • Sad
Was waiting on WSU WL, but got an A from a separate MD WL today. 99.9% chance I'll withdraw my application from WSU and accept other A. I'm sorry that this wait is so long without much communication :/

• Love
Was waiting on WSU WL, but got an A from a separate MD WL today. 99.9% chance I'll withdraw my application from WSU and accept other A. I'm sorry that this wait is so long without much communication :/
Happy for you! For the rest of you, hang in there I know its rough :/ my DMs are open if anybody wants to type yell about the process

• Care
Same…was really hoping to hear back from WSU but I just heard back from another one of my top choices instead. I’ve been waiting on WSU since November so this process has been draining to say the least 😔

Same…was really hoping to hear back from WSU but I just heard back from another one of my top choices instead. I’ve been waiting on WSU since November so this process has been draining to say the least 😔
congratulations on getting accepted though future doctor!!!!

Ended up withdrawing from WSU WL this morning. Best of luck to the rest of you! I hope yall's wait isn't too much longer!❤️

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone IS been accepted off the waitlist in the last maybe 3 or so weeks? Seems like it’s only been OOS people lately

Also from the posts on her all of the OOS acceptances have been going to high stat applicants

I just withdrew myself from the waitlist. While Wayne was one of my top choices and I would have loved to be back in Michigan where I grew up, I was accepted off the waitlist at another school close to where I live now. While I would have loved to eat sushi with you guys in Detroit, I checked my options and it just wasn't feasible for me as an Out of State student to still keep holding on to the waitlist here. I hope every one of you gets in here and I'd rather an acceptance go to someone who grew up here and is still waiting to hear back.

• Care
Reactions: 20 users
I just withdrew myself from the waitlist. While Wayne was one of my top choices and I would have loved to be back in Michigan where I grew up, I was accepted off the waitlist at another school close to where I live now. While I would have loved to eat sushi with you guys in Detroit, I checked my options and it just wasn't feasible for me as an Out of State student to still keep holding on to the waitlist here. I hope every one of you gets in here and I'd rather an acceptance go to someone who grew up here and is still waiting to hear back.
Godspeed Mcdreamy. Make us all proud 🥲

Reactions: 4 users
I hope there’s more movement for low stat OOS soon…. ;(

does anyone know how many admission offers they give out? i do not have msar anymore :(

Has anyone gotten a confirmed start date for classes/orientation? Trying to juggle apartment move in dates and I don’t want to cut it too close

Just got the A an hour ago! First MD A and I have no words to describe how I’m feeling right now. Been waitlisted since 10/15, interviewed in August. OOS, 3.9/517

Reactions: 7 users