2021-2022 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS R, secondary submitted 8/16. This one really hurts.
I'm so sorry. An IS-R is so rough. I drive by UW all the time and an R is going to sting bad. Hang in there.

Obligatory stats request if you feel up to it.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so sorry. An IS-R is so rough. I drive by UW all the time and an R is going to sting bad. Hang in there.

Obligatory stats request if you feel up to it.
I grew up in Wi, all my family lives here, and I've done all my education/work/research here except for an internship this past summer. A couple of my past uni classmates who are now at UW have offered to help me prep for their interview, so this R was just a curveball.

ORM, 3.8x, 511, public health focus, traditional applicant

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When were you complete? OOS applicant who submitted very recently
Thank you! Secondary was submitted on 8/1. I read somewhere they sort by chronological order and/or strength of application, so hang tight! They likely haven't gotten to you just yet :)

Reactions: 1 user
I grew up in Wi, all my family lives here, and I've done all my education/work/research here except for an internship this past summer. A couple of my past uni classmates who are now at UW have offered to help me prep for their interview, so this R was just a curveball.

ORM, 3.8x, 511, public health focus, traditional applicant
My god. What a loss on their end! You’re going to land somewhere great with stats like that, your great support system and a public health focus. Wish you the best.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
for anyone who has interviewed already, what is the group interview like?

OOS R just now :( complete 8/2

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R yesterday. This one really hurt as this was one of my top 2-3 picks. OOS, but lots of ties. I visit often, my mother is an alum, and I live in a bordering state. Good luck everyone.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R yesterday. This one really hurt as this was one of my top 2-3 picks. OOS, but lots of ties. I visit often, my mother is an alum, and I live in a bordering state. Good luck everyone.
IS, father is an alum, entire family is from wisco and I've completed all my education here. Got the email about a week and a half ago. You're not alone in this pre-II R void.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi,

I️ was hoping if any current students would be willing to chat? I'd welcome the opportunity to ask some questions. Please, dm me at your convenience. Thank you!

I know they said decisions will probably come 6-8 weeks after our interviews but are you guys optimistic they'll come earlier? I was stalking threads from the past 2 years and a lot of people got their decisions around 4 weeks after their interview👀

I know they said decisions will probably come 6-8 weeks after our interviews but are you guys optimistic they'll come earlier? I was stalking threads from the past 2 years and a lot of people got their decisions around 4 weeks after their interview👀
I was also looking through past threads and that kinda seemed to be the trend. For what it’s worth, they apparently said last year to expect decisions in mid-late December and they ended up coming out in late November, so it wouldn’t be too crazy for us to get an earlier decision than they said. Here’s hoping it’s soon!

I was also looking through past threads and that kinda seemed to be the trend. For what it’s worth, they apparently said last year to expect decisions in mid-late December and they ended up coming out in late November, so it wouldn’t be too crazy for us to get an earlier decision than they said. Here’s hoping it’s soon!
Good to know!! I'm hoping it'll come soon, I'm so impatient. Manifesting A's for us!!!

MSAR says the first day they send acceptances is November 19 :/

Dang, did not know that :( I'm really hoping they'll let us know earlier. That seems to be the trend from the past 2 cycles.
They gave an update on their Twitter saying they’re still aiming for mid-November. Oh well, I guess we’re in for a wait still!

They gave an update on their Twitter saying they’re still aiming for mid-November. Oh well, I guess we’re in for a wait still!
Yep, that fits the timeline they gave at my interview. Can't blame them since they're sticking to the schedule they gave, but still, one can hope for earlier decisions 😭🙏🏼

II IS 3.6, 521 Complete late August

Interview Invite just now! Complete 8/19, IS, 3.8/508, non trad.

LET’S GOOOOO BADGERS!! Hang in there everyone, this is my first II of this cycle and just this morning I was in a slump thinking of the silence. You’ve got this! Keep the faith.

Reactions: 5 users
Interview Invite just now! Complete 8/19, IS, 3.8/508, non trad.

LET’S GOOOOO BADGERS!! Hang in there everyone, this is my first II of this cycle and just this morning I was in a slump thinking of the silence. You’ve got this! Keep the faith.
Huge congrats on the invite! Good luck during your interview, I’m sure you’re going to kill it! 😁😁

• Love
mother of BUCKY COME ON UW! Send the II or put me out of my misery!

• Haha
UWSMPH Admissions twitter just tweeted that regular MD decisions could be coming in the next day or so because they beat their mid-November goal. Let the nervous jitters begin!

• Love
so exciting!!! Anyone know if they usually call for A’s or if it’s through email?
edit: looks like it's mostly through calls based off of threads from previous years! gonna be staring at my phone the next few days lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Hoping for A’s for everyone!!

First A today here! In state, interviewed in October, they called around 6:30. Best of luck to everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call! Good luck guys, I have been so thankful to have had a community on here to go through this process with. Wishing you all an acceptance :)

• Love
Just got the call! Good luck guys, I have been so thankful to have had a community on here to go through this process with. Wishing you all an acceptance :)
YAASS MadTown I was hoping to see this update! Congratulations to everyone on your A’s from the Badgers. I hope to join you after my December interview!

• Love
Got the call too! Beyond happy! I was getting worried since I hadn't heard anything all morning. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! Manifesting an A for you :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Looks like the A isn’t coming for me- congrats to everyone who got one and good luck going forward!