Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS secondary received finally! Last one bois 😎
D
deleted1008763
@Lord_Have_MRSA @NeedsGuidance @Quinteresting
Did you all end up leaving one of the prompts blank? I feel like I can fit it all in the 500 word one but idk if this will be frowned upon
I answered the 250 word prompt this way:
Since the rest of the prompt I addressed in the 500 word essayThe only thing is maybe using the 250-word diversity essay to answer the question "Explain how a learning environment that embodies these values is crucial to the education of tomorrow’s physicians" which is think is a bit more specific than "why are you diverse".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@larynxlady @2021-2022-NonTrad
Do your MSTP secondary portals have a link to the "residency application" on the Registrars website? It won't let me submit without this, although I thought this was only for Wisconsin residents.
Do your MSTP secondary portals have a link to the "residency application" on the Registrars website? It won't let me submit without this, although I thought this was only for Wisconsin residents.
@larynxlady @2021-2022-NonTrad
Do your MSTP secondary portals have a link to the "residency application" on the Registrars website? It won't let me submit without this, although I thought this was only for Wisconsin residents.
Click this button, check the two "No" boxes, then sign.
Yes, I just discovered this when you pointed it out to me lol
Ah yes "optional" essays. But how optional are they really? I doubt you will get an II if you do none.
for the covid question, eventhough they say "In a paragraph (200-300 words), please share how COVID-19 impacted your application...", I feel like 200-300 words is a lot for one paragraph. Does it matter if I split the same amount of text into 2 paragraphs? Sorry for a potentially stupid question haha
poopypie6969123
Full Member
I get what you're saying, but I think you'll be more than fine if you split it upfor the covid question, eventhough they say "In a paragraph (200-300 words), please share how COVID-19 impacted your application...", I feel like 200-300 words is a lot for one paragraph. Does it matter if I split the same amount of text into 2 paragraphs? Sorry for a potentially stupid question haha
Is it even worth applying here if you are OOS and have no ties? I thought this was an OOS friendly mid-tier school but based on last year's thread I'm a little discouraged.
I wouldn’t call it OOS friendly. Since it’s a public state school (also the only public state school in WI) they are required to have majority of the class be IS students. From their website: “Consistent with our mission and the Wisconsin Idea, we focus on training physicians to serve the health needs of Wisconsin. Therefore, at least 70 percent of the students in each matriculating class are Wisconsin residents.”Is it even worth applying here if you are OOS and have no ties? I thought this was an OOS friendly mid-tier school but based on last year's thread I'm a little discouraged.
Definitely still possible as OOS, but keep this in mind!
While we wait to submit on the 16th, any of my fellow in-state applicants want to share where they are applying from? I would think it would be cool to see where our future classmates are coming from. I'll start! I grew up in waaaaaay northern Wisconsin and now I'm graduating from undergrad in the Lake Winnebago area.
thatchargersguy
New Member
I'm in Madison! Go to the gym right next to campusWhile we wait to submit on the 16th, any of my fellow in-state applicants want to share where they are applying from? I would think it would be cool to see where our future classmates are coming from. I'll start! I grew up in waaaaaay northern Wisconsin and now I'm graduating from undergrad in the Lake Winnebago area.
I love this idea! I’m also from waaaaaay northern WI but now live in Madison after doing my undergrad at UW!While we wait to submit on the 16th, any of my fellow in-state applicants want to share where they are applying from? I would think it would be cool to see where our future classmates are coming from. I'll start! I grew up in waaaaaay northern Wisconsin and now I'm graduating from undergrad in the Lake Winnebago area.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in Fitchburg, and I think I can get to class in under 15 minutes from my front door. So excited. I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope we cross paths as Badgers!I love this idea! I’m also from waaaaaay northern WI but now live in Madison after doing my undergrad at UW!
jazzlike_drum
New Member
Sorry, I am just getting impatient but anyone else (IS) get an error when they try to click "Save and Continue" after the residency verification portal? I get something like this. Is this normal? I just want to be prepared to submit on first day? Thanks!
View attachment 342091Yes, I'm also getting this. I am hoping that the problem will resolve itself once the portal is open for submission.
jdoe
Full Member
I would contact them via phone or email with screenshots. But, I tried to do what you did and it showed that mine was submitted. Hope you figure it out.I filled out my residency application last night, but re-opening the link today, the portal is completely different and it's letting me start a new application. Not sure what to do here
jdoe
Full Member
Nope, I think it's a reapplicant to this specific school. So if you are first-time applying to UW-Madison, you don't fill out the re-applicant essay. I think I left mine blank, you can also just put N/A for it.Do I have to write reapplicant essay if this is my first time applying to this school? I previously applied to other schools but the wording makes it sound like I don't have to if this is my first time for this specific school
That's correct. Per the FAQ on the welcome tab, "The re-applicant essay is only for those who are reapplying to UW SMPH."Nope, I think it's a reapplicant to this specific school.
orangeslice99
New Member
I added this school to my primary app late (8/8) and haven't received a secondary. Should I email them about it or is this normal? I'm OOS and wouldn't have been screened out.
It’s normal. Took about 1.5 months
D
deleted1113780
Any II yet?
jdoe
Full Member
I don't think they've sent them out yet. I read last year's post and they said it should be coming either this week or the week after. Maybe I'm wrong.Any II yet?
D
deleted1113780
Ik there numbers definitely show instate preference. I am from a neighboring state (Illinois) so I just shot my shoot 🙂I don't think they've sent them out yet. I read last year's post and they said it should be coming either this week or the week after. Maybe I'm wrong.
jdoe
Full Member
Yep, thankfully no VITA. Apparently, it was a pain in the butt from what I heard from last year's applicants.So I’ve been stalking the 2020-2021 thread to see when IIs were sent, and it looks like people got VITA invites around this time last year. However, upon FURTHER investigation, AAMC isn’t utilizing VITA this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to a reply in the thread, looks like it will be OOS applicants receiving IIs first. Good luck to my fellow OOSers!
This round will be OOS but they said IS will be soon!! Good luck everybody! Manifesting IIs for all!
D
deleted1017120
Define "Soon", Squinting Cat.
We need answers.
We need answers.
IL resident with an R. Rooting for the rest of you!!
D
deleted1017120
Same.Just got an R. MN resident. Good luck everyone
Completes?
D
deleted1113780
Illinois resident too but no news yetIL resident with an R. Rooting for the rest of you!!
spectroscopy12
Full Member
+1Rejected 🙁
No news is good news!Illinois resident too but no news yet
D
deleted1113780
I hope so my friend. No news from most of the places I applied to 🥴No news is good news!
D
deleted1095025
+1I hope so my friend. No news from most of the places I applied to 🥴
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TFW no ii or r
D
deleted1113780
No II but no R either (yet)
D
deleted1100717
Yeah, it seems like they sent a decent sized wave of R’s based on the posts on here, and then maybe a small test group of IIs? Hoping for a larger wave by like 5 Central Time.
sucks that they did this tho cuz now I gotta refresh my email for the next two hours lol
sucks that they did this tho cuz now I gotta refresh my email for the next two hours lol
D
deleted1113780
Yup been refreshing constantly in hopes of getting an emailYeah, it seems like they sent a decent sized wave of R’s based on the posts on here, and then maybe a small test group of IIs? Hoping for a larger wave by like 5 Central Time.
sucks that they did this tho cuz now I gotta refresh my email for the next two hours lol
D
deleted1100717
Oh, they posted an update on their Twitter. They sent a small II wave, and it sounds like they’re done for the day. Many applications yet to be reviewed and many more invites to be sent out in the next 12-13 weeks.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K