2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the reassurance! Best of luck to you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got post-interview waitlisted today at 1:30. IS, regular decision, 519, 3.9x :-(
Welp this doesn't help my anxiety. Complete August, low stat, IS, haven't heard a peep since then. But best of luck to you with other schools!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I submitted here the very first day. Do you think it is too early to submit a letter of intent/update letter? It has been radio silent for me :(

Hey guys, I submitted here the very first day. Do you think it is too early to submit a letter of intent/update letter? It has been radio silent for me :(
No letters of intent until you interview but an update sure

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on whether you've had significant experiences between then and now that are relevant to the school.

Have a favor to ask! Could someone who already had their interview pm me so I can ask questions? I'm feeling a little nervous and uncertain for my first MD interview. Thank you so much!!

If I don't hear anything back in the next hour I'm gonna DRUNK CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE WITH A VERY ANGRY DEMEANOR!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED AT 10:16 PM OMGGG
Good for you!! If any accepted students want to connect before any official channels become available, here’s a link for a GroupMe! Can’t wait to meet you all!
You're invited to my new group 'BSOM ‘26' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Complete on 7/27 and haven't heard anything... my in-state Ohio schools aren't giving me any love lol!! Anyone else in the same spot?

Reactions: 2 users
Complete on 7/27 and haven't heard anything... my in-state Ohio schools aren't giving me any love lol!! Anyone else in the same spot?
Literally same except I submitted in the first week of August. I saw your post on the OSU thread and I feel your pain there as well

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Literally same except I submitted in the first week of August. I saw your post on the OSU thread and I feel your pain there as well
Literally the same too! Born and raised in Ohio give me some loveeee :////

From previous years the admissions committee meets on Wednesday so people who interviewed around 9/29 might hear back Thursday? I could be wrong though

Interviewed today and had the most wonderful experience. I truly was impressed and pleased by BSOM's interviewers, hosts, and current students. Good luck to everyone this cycle :)

Reactions: 3 users
Can I ask anyone who interviewed here a few questions? I am scheduled a few weeks out and would like to prepare my best. Thanks and good luck to all.

Received an acceptance today after interviewing on 10/6. Anyone with upcoming interviews can reach out to me for advice.

• Love
Can I ask anyone who interviewed here a few questions? I am scheduled a few weeks out and would like to prepare my best. Thanks and good luck to all.
Feel free to message me with questions!

Question for any current students who may see this. Are the module final exams customized NBME's or are they made in-house by the faculty?

For all the waitlisted candidates like myself did the email indicate position on the waitlist?I just received a general email saying “your application has been rated”

Hello all, I went through this process last year and i thought I would drop some number from last cycle that may help. This was from their email last year "6000 applications were received by our school. An elite group of 430 applicants were interviewed" For those that interviewed its a great accomplishment to even get to that point bc its literally like 7% of the applicant pool.

Last year the number of seats reserved will be 130. From the SDN thread last year, I believe 190 acceptances were given out. From 430 -190 there's about 240 ppl that are either WL or rejected. If you are on the WL you are still in the running. Also a majority of top 3rd on the WL gets a Accetance in the spring.

I hope this info was helpful

Hello all, I went through this process last year and i thought I would drop some number from last cycle that may help. This was from their email last year "6000 applications were received by our school. An elite group of 430 applicants were interviewed" For those that interviewed its a great accomplishment to even get to that point bc its literally like 7% of the applicant pool.

Last year the number of seats reserved will be 130. From the SDN thread last year, I believe 190 acceptances were given out. From 430 -190 there's about 240 ppl that are either WL or rejected. If you are on the WL you are still in the running. Also a majority of top 3rd on the WL gets a Accetance in the spring.

I hope this info was helpful
This is extremely reassuring. Thank you.

Hey,
You are here again, haha. Told you we have the exact same school list.
OMG WAIT A MINUTE IT JUST HIT ME. Aren't you the chap who's been asking around if anyone's gotten R's yet?! I think I told you to chill somewhere at some point :eek::rofl:

Any other in staters still waiting on an II?

Reactions: 9 users
I was waitlisted here last cycle but nothing but crickets this year

• Care
OOS (w/ family ties to the city) still waiting on an II but remaining hopeful!!

• Care
Been pretty quiet here on the II side as of late....

My thoughts exactly, made people are not vocal about their II’s to this school?
That's probably what it is. I have a few schools where people aren't very active.... it's always crickets and I feel annoying asking anything :rofl:

How long after submitting the secondary did you guys receive interview invites?

Same when were you complete if you dont mind sharing
9/28, it was a little later than I wanted to be complete but ya know life happens! this is one of my top 3 schools so I am trying to stay hopeful but also trying not to think too much about it lol