2022-2023 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi! is it true that boston university sends everyone a secondary after submitting an application? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can health informatics count or health accounting/financial budgeting possibly be cateogorized in mathematics? I didn't really learn math in those classes though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can health informatics count or health accounting/financial budgeting possibly be cateogorized in mathematics? I didn't really learn math in those classes though.
I would say if you didn't learn math then no you probably cannot count it as a math class.

So i just found out that I got in the first quartile for CASPER... I have no idea how that happened.... should i even apply at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
So i just found out that I got in the first quartile for CASPER... I have no idea how that happened.... should i even apply at this point?
If you want to attend the school, you should apply. CASPER results are really scattershot and nobody truly knows how much weight they have or how they are used, not to mention that the test itself is flawed.

Received 2nd quartile and will continue my applications to all CASPER schools. I believe with the integration of PREview the AAMC and schools under AMCAS will likely phase it out.

Anyone know if medical students at BUSM can do research at the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL)? I kinda want to include it in my secondary but wanted to check if this is actually a possibility for medical students

Members don't see this ad :)
I did too and feel the same way. I had already submitted at all of my CASPer schools when I found out. I've heard that because CASPer is still in the early stages, it is usually only considered a benefit if you did well and is not counted against you if you didn't, and I've heard of first quartile CASPer scorers still getting interviews at schools that require it. Guess we'll see.

I did too and feel the same way. I had already submitted at all of my CASPer schools when I found out. I've heard that because CASPer is still in the early stages, it is usually only considered a benefit if you did well and is not counted against you if you didn't, and I've heard of first quartile CASPer scorers still getting interviews at schools that require it. Guess we'll see.
My pre med advisor who talks to a lot of adcoms agrees with this as well if that helps console people.

For people who got II (per reddit) from BU, when were you complete?

Are you guys doing the optional last essay? Thinking of popping a diversity essay in but not sure if that's truly relevant to their question

Does the character count include spaces?

II OOS this morning. Complete July 12. Stats: 520, 3.96, 3rd quartile Caspër

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all who received II.
Don't mind me...
1659982228242-png.358197

Attachments

• 1659982228242.png
    1659982228242.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 2,129
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
II just now. OOS, complete 7/18, 73 LM

Last edited:
To those who got IIs, did you write the optional essay? lol

For the narrative timeline prompt, can I just talk about COVID-19? Even if i talk about COVID i still mention some of the volunteering that i did (restating briefly what's mentioned in my AMCAS). not sure what to do

For those that got IIs, did most of y'all do the optional essay or most of y'all didn't do it?

those of you that got II's, can you guys see the link to schedule a student panel session? I can only see the link for the intro session

those of you that got II's, can you guys see the link to schedule a student panel session? I can only see the link for the intro session
I emailed them and they said it is not available yet, and that we will receive a link by email in the next couple weeks.