You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Boston University
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes! I received a secondary even though my primary wasn't verified at the timehi! is it true that boston university sends everyone a secondary after submitting an application? thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say if you didn't learn math then no you probably cannot count it as a math class.Can health informatics count or health accounting/financial budgeting possibly be cateogorized in mathematics? I didn't really learn math in those classes though.
So i just found out that I got in the first quartile for CASPER... I have no idea how that happened.... should i even apply at this point?
If you want to attend the school, you should apply. CASPER results are really scattershot and nobody truly knows how much weight they have or how they are used, not to mention that the test itself is flawed.So i just found out that I got in the first quartile for CASPER... I have no idea how that happened.... should i even apply at this point?
D
deleted1017183
Received 2nd quartile and will continue my applications to all CASPER schools. I believe with the integration of PREview the AAMC and schools under AMCAS will likely phase it out.So i just found out that I got in the first quartile for CASPER... I have no idea how that happened.... should i even apply at this point?
Anyone know if medical students at BUSM can do research at the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL)? I kinda want to include it in my secondary but wanted to check if this is actually a possibility for medical students
II received around 6 pm EST!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats and when you were complete?II received around 6 pm EST!
IS?II received around 6 pm EST!
Thank you 🙂 Complete 7/12, lizzy m 75, OOS ORMCongrats!! Do you mind sharing stats and when you were complete?
Congrats @melonmelon! Best of luck to you!! Do you happen to have an affiliation with the school (e.g. special undergrad or grad program)?Thank you 🙂 Complete 7/12, lizzy m 75, OOS ORM
I did too and feel the same way. I had already submitted at all of my CASPer schools when I found out. I've heard that because CASPer is still in the early stages, it is usually only considered a benefit if you did well and is not counted against you if you didn't, and I've heard of first quartile CASPer scorers still getting interviews at schools that require it. Guess we'll see.So i just found out that I got in the first quartile for CASPER... I have no idea how that happened.... should i even apply at this point?
My pre med advisor who talks to a lot of adcoms agrees with this as well if that helps console people.I did too and feel the same way. I had already submitted at all of my CASPer schools when I found out. I've heard that because CASPer is still in the early stages, it is usually only considered a benefit if you did well and is not counted against you if you didn't, and I've heard of first quartile CASPer scorers still getting interviews at schools that require it. Guess we'll see.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people who got II (per reddit) from BU, when were you complete?
Do my LORs need to be received before I can submit my secondary?
Just curious, per your stats you have shown, do you have 2 interview invites?2° submitted!
Yeah!Just curious, per your stats you have shown, do you have 2 interview invites?
Nice. Congratulations and Good Luck!Yeah!
PremedKid4
Full Member
Are you guys doing the optional last essay? Thinking of popping a diversity essay in but not sure if that's truly relevant to their question
YesDoes the character count include spaces?
themagictaco
Full Member
II OOS complete July 6th
II OOS complete July 6th
Stats babe ??
themagictaco
Full Member
3.85 523 4th quartile ca$perStats babe ??
II just now. OOS, complete 7/18, 73 LM
Last edited:
II just now around 11am, OOS, complete 7/19, LM 81.6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Shaking in my boots because I'm complete one day after you!II just now around 11am, OOS, complete 7/19, LM 81.6
It looks like they are going by complete date?
enneagram7w8
Full Member
Looks like it. Welp, they did not want me🤠It looks like they are going by complete date?
Good luck!!!Congrats! Shaking in my boots because I'm complete one day after you!
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
+1😇Looks like it. Welp, they did not want me🤠
D
deleted1017183
II OOS
appleskin29
Full Member
Do they send out IS IIs later? I haven’t seen anyone get one yet
D
deleted1017183
Appreciate it man. Never thought this would be a realityyou are raking them in today homie congrats
Futuremedic1
New Member
Please share your stats if you canyou are raking them in today homie congrats
D
deleted1017183
LM and WARS in bio. You can also look at my post history for a semi-comprehensive look.Please share your stats if you can
caramelsauce
Full Member
To those who got IIs, did you write the optional essay? lol
noTo those who got IIs, did you write the optional essay? lol
For the narrative timeline prompt, can I just talk about COVID-19? Even if i talk about COVID i still mention some of the volunteering that i did (restating briefly what's mentioned in my AMCAS). not sure what to do
OOS II this morning, URM LM 78.4 complete 7/25!
For those that got IIs, did most of y'all do the optional essay or most of y'all didn't do it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t!For those that got IIs, did most of y'all do the optional essay or most of y'all didn't do it?
abysswalker
Full Member
those of you that got II's, can you guys see the link to schedule a student panel session? I can only see the link for the intro session
Zwenx
Full Member
I emailed them and they said it is not available yet, and that we will receive a link by email in the next couple weeks.those of you that got II's, can you guys see the link to schedule a student panel session? I can only see the link for the intro session
not yetthose of you that got II's, can you guys see the link to schedule a student panel session? I can only see the link for the intro session
Any IS IIs?