You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Saint Louis University
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Metaldoc99
Full Member
First acceptance of the cycle. Received the email 1 hour ago.
I didn't think it'd hit me so hard emotionally, but months of stress and worry about my future just came pouring out all at once. Such a visceral feeling to know that for the first time in years my path forward in life is concrete and no longer in limbo.
So excited to possibly attend this school!
Edit: Interviewed 1/24 if that is of any help
Congrats! Did you get accepted off the WL?
EndureVascular
Full Member
I did not. Was accepted outright!Congrats! Did you get accepted off the WL?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EndureVascular
Full Member
Is there a group me, facebook, or text gc for accepted students?
there is a fb that admit will email youIs there a group me, facebook, or text gc for accepted students?
Anyone receive financial aid updates? I thought they were getting back to us before April...
reinforced
Full Member
Funny you mention this; I emailed financial aid today inquiring about it. I was accepted in December, so...Anyone receive financial aid updates? I thought they were getting back to us before April...
Funny you mention this; I emailed financial aid today inquiring about it. I was accepted in December, so...
Great! Would love to know their response.
reinforced
Full Member
They hit me back, and anticipate award packages going out the first week of April!Great! Would love to know their response.
Uarkpremed37
New Member
Yeah just write it out on a word doc and post it to the document upload section of their applicant portal.Does SLU accept any letter of interest? Got WL'ed and would love to attend
Metaldoc99
Full Member
So has anyone at all heard anything on the WL? I read that SLU typically doesn’t start accepting anyone from it until May, just wondering if that’s true for this year.
D
deleted1158770
Anyone else still waiting on their financial aid package?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes…Anyone else still waiting on their financial aid package?
D
deleted1158770
I thought that they said it would be this week at the latest. Hoping next week then lol.
Medwannabe123
Full Member
So has anyone at all heard anything on the WL? I read that SLU typically doesn’t start accepting anyone from it until May, just wondering if that’s true for this year.
Most traction happens first half of May.
5/1 is when most schools want commit to enroll and reduce to 3 WL. Then schools can get specific data about their accepted and WL’s as to how many commit to them or other places. Then the fun starts for WL. May you get an A.
For those of you who have attended second look days, how casual was "business casual"?
i would say so, but i don’t think you’d get penalized for coming more casualFor those of you who have attended second look days, how casual was "business casual"?
potatoofmagic
Full Member
My financial aid packet is in the Banner self service portal!
tornado6565
Full Member
Could you share when you received it?My financial aid packet is in the Banner self service portal!
where? im in the portal and can’t find it :/My financial aid packet is in the Banner self service portal!
i’m not sure i’m in the right portal, is it the one with “apps”?I didn’t receive an email, but my financial aid is also uploaded in the Banner portal
potatoofmagic
Full Member
thank you!!I logged into here: Login2 SLU Portal
Then clicked Banner:
View attachment 369212
View attachment 369213
potatoofmagic
Full Member
no problem!thank you!!
i thought i did 😭😭😭 but i called and apparently what i saw was loan money, no scholarship hereDid anyone receive scholarships?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how did you know you did?i thought i did 😭😭😭 but i called and apparently what i saw was loan money, no scholarship here
how did i know i did not get a scholarship? i called financial aidhow did you know you did?
I received a scholarship! They called me yesterday and I received an email with the award letter attached today.Did anyone receive scholarships?
reinforced
Full Member
Oh man, I hope they're still going out if that's the case.I received a scholarship! They called me yesterday and I received an email with the award letter attached today.
Yes, I hope so. Good luck!Oh man, I hope they're still going out if that's the case.
congrats!! was the email sent your email (on amcas) or ur slu email?I received a scholarship! They called me yesterday and I received an email with the award letter attached today.
D
deleted1158770
Congrats! Did you have to apply for it? Or did they just award it to you? And was it need or merit based?I received a scholarship! They called me yesterday and I received an email with the award letter attached today.
Thank you!! It was my email on amcas. I didn't know we had access to a SLU one 👀congrats!! was the email sent your email (on amcas) or ur slu email?
Thank you!! Yes, I applied for it (my understanding is that all of SLU's scholarships you have to apply for). And it was merit-based, but also contingent on need (had to fill out FAFSA).Congrats! Did you have to apply for it? Or did they just award it to you? And was it need or merit based?
D
deleted1158770
There was no enrollment deposit for this school right? Or am I missing something
D
deleted1158770
Probably not, most schools wait till may I think.Is there just no WL movement until after April 30th?
not from what i knowThere was no enrollment deposit for this school right? Or am I missing something
wow when did u apply? i saw a slu scholarship but it was due in jan and i was admitted in feb :/Thank you!! Yes, I applied for it (my understanding is that all of SLU's scholarships you have to apply for). And it was merit-based, but also contingent on need (had to fill out FAFSA).
I applied right before the January deadline! And ya I'm confused why they have that deadline when people are still receiving acceptances afterwards... 🙁wow when did u apply? i saw a slu scholarship but it was due in jan and i was admitted in feb :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EndureVascular
Full Member
Just got an email to view my scholarship- I opened the tab and there was nothing there for me. That hurts
SnailPo
Full Member
Same, I like SLU but I’d be in too deep with thatFull loan CoA. I've received better offers elsewhere so I will likely withdraw. 360K in debt is steeeeeep
Damn shame because I really did feel something. Even took some time to apply for a scholarship. I knew med school debt was a different beast but 360k debt is the kind of money people spend their lives to conquer. I have no family to support me so I'd be taking this head on. St Louis looks cool but I'd have trouble justifying over half a million in debt (after interest) for even downtown Manhattan with central park views. Again, absolute shame.Same, I like SLU but I’d be in too deep with that
Withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of y'all waiting! 🙂